stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

ESPN? Could you please get off of Winaton's rooster?

ESPN just said WInston is the greatest FSU QB in history.

Enough already, I saw the game too, he was fantastic, but can we wait until WInston faces a real defense, and plays at least 10 games before we dub him the next greatest anything?

I am the furthest thing from racist, but while we are at it, what is it with ESPN and ethic QB's anyway? What exactly has RG3 or Vick won on a pro level?

Enough of the slurp festival already, if Winston throws two pick sixes against a team like Clemson, will they hammer him or will ESPN be all "he's just a first year starter, cut him a break already"

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ESPN just said WInston is the greatest FSU QB in history.

Enough already, I saw the game too, he was fantastic, but can we wait until WInston faces a real defense, and plays at least 10 games before we dub him the next greatest anything?

I am the furthest thing from racist, but while we are at it, what is it with ESPN and ethic QB's anyway? What exactly has RG3 or Vick won on a pro level?

Enough of the slurp festival already, if Winston throws two pick sixes against a team like Clemson, will they hammer him or will ESPN be all "he's just a first year starter, cut him a break already"
    I didn't even notice the ethnic QBS thing maybe you could be a little racist? by the way Racist usually throw a disclaimer out before they say something racist....oh wait. It bugs you that hes a black QB he put up video game stats in prime time its a good story, what do you want ESPN to do ignore it? Did you make a "Get off Johnny footballs rooster" thread they shoved that kid down our throats still are....we got it along time ago ok hes a white kid who can scramble like a brotha and do no wrong on the football field we get it... Steve be honest with yourself you're a little racist.

stevenash

a) not racist, I have problems with certain individuals, not problems, with entire races.

b) your summation of my OP was a generalization, I am not a fan of generalizations.

c) Winston comes across as a very likeable guy, I wish him well, my point is enough of the over the top overhype.

d) Can't stomach Johnny Football, he's this decades Jim McMahon. I hope Bama 'sits down' Johnny 19 times later this month.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

i was at the game so i dont know what espn was saying.

anyways, the kid played good in his first game ever, but he also had guys wide open on literally every play.

to early to crown him just yet.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i was at the game so i dont know what espn was saying.

anyways, the kid played good in his first game ever, but he also had guys wide open on literally every play.

to early to crown him just yet.
    This.

Guys open on every play.....too early

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

He had a tremendous game. No problem with the kid getting recognition.

stevenash

^
    He deserves it, but the media is making him out to be the second coming of Joe Montana. They did that to Tebow as well. How's his pro career working out?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    He deserves it, but the media is making him out to be the second coming of Joe Montana. They did that to Tebow as well. How's his pro career working out?
    Espn is geared towards blacks. I'm sure you've noticed that though. Who else is home from 9am-6pm when those worthless shows are on?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Espn is geared towards blacks. I'm sure you've noticed that though. Who else is home from 9am-6pm when those worthless shows are on?
    Deuce, last I checked, the majority of players on NFL rosters, Big six conference college football rosters, NBA rosters, and Big Boy college basketball rosters, even women's basketball rosters are black. ESPN, ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC are giving out big bucks to broadcast these events featuring these players while making even more in advertising dollars. Who do you think is paying the freight on those advertising dollars at ANY particular time? 9-6, 6-9, doesn't matter. You are watching too, unless you bet cricket exclusively, the same information that these networks are dishing out over and over and over again. You are the same demographic, so ESPN is geared towards you too. Are you worthless too for knowing what is being shown during that time frame if you are out making the big dollars at your desk job?