C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Atlanta Falcons or New Orleans Saints

Two years ago the Saints were 13-3 and their offense looked unstoppable - until they went to SF in the playoffs and turned the ball over 6 times. Then came bounty gate and they lost their coach. Atlanta won the division and people are crowning them again. So how much are the Saints coaching staff worth? Peyton and Brees seem like winners who aren't content on being in the mix, these guys have won before. Going into last year Matt Ryan and Mike Smith never won anything that counted.

Both teams have good coaching staffs.
    Brees is better than Matt Ryan
    Falcons skilled position players are better.
    Saints spread the ball around

Who are the Falcons going to in the red-zone from a fantasy perspective? Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White or Stephen Jackson?

Can the Saints defense even be average?
    Is the Falcons defense going to be good enough to win?
    Will the Falcons have a big drop off on the road?

I want to look at schedules and a few other metrics but both these teams could be super bowl contenders.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Falcons first game. If they lose bet them twice as big the net time they play. Falcons will win one of the two, they are the better team.

bubblebuttluv

Best games on the board though are Seahawks ATS and 49ers moneyline.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Best games on the board though are Seahawks ATS and 49ers moneyline.
    agree

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

falcons, Saints D is simply too vulnerable, also Falcons added a top RB in Jackson while Saints lost Ivory.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Think the Saints are motivated to put last year behind them. Beating ATL at home would be a good 1st step. Atl also has concerns on the O Line. Playing the Saints.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Saints at home

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

Saints... easy

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Just take the Over and call it a day. Season long, take the Over on Saint wins, I think they go 11-5, maybe even 12-4. Coach means a lot more than people think.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

saints are the best play on the board week 1

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pure guess

If anything over

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I agree with the over calls here

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

anybody seen an early line for Dolphins at Saints week 4?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Falcons all the way. Falcons will control the clock with their offense. They picked Brees 5 times last year so the Falcons defense got his number.

Saintsfan1977
    Saintsfan1977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4104

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Falcons all the way. Falcons will control the clock with their offense. They picked Brees 5 times last year so the Falcons defense got his number.
    The Falcons are starting a rookie CB. You dont think Brees will feast on that? Last year the Saints played with Joe Vitt and Aaron Kromer as a HC. Im not gonna say the Saints destroy the Falcons but we are at home, Payton has changed the offense, and we have a new defense. Now the offense will work through Brees but the defense only needs to be average and I really think it will take some time to get there. The Falcons have no game film on the defense and Rob Ryan lives in the film room. Its Ryan vs Ryan in this game because there is no way the Saints offense stutters at home vs a Div rival.

I did see that 2.5 favorites arent that good vs the spread when the line moves .5-1 points so to me this game is a toss up. I like the Saints at home but nothing surprises me. I could see us dropping this game due to the defense and/or Brees throwing a pick or a the running backs fumbling etc. SJax has given us fits when he played with the Rams.

bubblebuttluv

Yes the Falcons our starting a rookie CB, and if the rookie CB you are referring too (which I assume you are) is Desmond Trufant, then that CB is hot garbage. I mean he is really bad.

The thing is though, the Saints have probably one of the bottom 5 secondary's in the NFL.

It will be a shootout between both teams. Ryan and Brees will have gigantic numbers, Graham will have the same if not better stats then Gonzalez (these are both top three TE's if not the top 2 (only other guy in conversation is Vernon Davis)), Falcons WR corps is better (Julio Jones is a FREAK), and Steven Jackson will truck guy's all day. Your top RB is good, but Jackson is better IMO.

It will be a matchup between the best offense in the league (Falcons) and a top 5 offense, and two not so good defenses. Like I said earlier, Falcons will win one of the two (they will win in the GA Dome) if not take both games.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

People like the Falcons because Matt Ryan won a playoff game and Julio Jones had a good half against the 49ers in a dome

Lincoln Scofield
    Lincoln Scofield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Atl bettors...wait till that Falcons O-line starts sucking that fat D. One of the worst in the league. Their right side is god awful. It doesn't matter how good your playmakers are if you have no one to protect the QB.

The only matchup in this game is simply coaching. And in this case Payton and company >>>>>>>>>>>>>> penetrating Mike Smith.

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Saints Host The Falcons For The Opener Defense Wins Games

I think Falcons secondary and offensive line are replacing veterans with untested players. Those holes plus a tougher schedule mean the Falcons could backslide, but consider this my SBR members, all that offensive talent makes them very dangerous. Falcons already explosive on offense, replaced Turner with Jackson, he joins QB Matt Ryan, TE Tony Gonzalez and WRs Julio Jones and Roddy White to form a formidable group of talented and skill players. But Jackson is the only addition who is sure to improve the team. Umenyiora may not produce like Abraham, who had 10 sacks for a defense that generated only 29 in 2012.. QB Drew Brees is behind an OK offensive line with so many play makers all over the field ,I believe Henderson should hardly will be missed. But the big change is on the sidelines, where coach Sean Payton is back in charge after serving his suspension[ Bountygate]. This my SBR members should help the offense be even more explosive and return some sense of normalcy to the franchise.The Saints will be hard to stop offensively, tough at home and motivated to rejoin the league’s elite you think? However there defense will be questionable going against Falcons in the opener. The Saints are currently experimenting with their new 3-4 defense, and any time you have a defense that comes off a horrible season 2012, is a question you have to ask yourself. I personal think its not wise that Saints will significantly improve there defense this season.The defense still appears to have issues even after adding Vaccaro in the draft and Lewis via free agency and switching to a new scheme defense. Falcons opened at +2 is now +3 I,am waiting to see if this line goes to +3 1/2 or maybe +4 before game time when I make my bet with Falcons I hope it does not go down.

Good Luck This Season My SBR Members On Your Bets and Predictions.
    Mr.Hårr¥THëHÄT

Hot Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Falcons first game. If they lose bet them twice as big the net time they play. Falcons will win one of the two, they are the better team.
    Absolutely I agree with u - SIR !!

Hot Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Jerry View Post
    agree
    But I had change my mind on SEATTLE - I will just watch the game and NOT TOUCH the game !!

SGM
    SGM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I think Falcons take it, but I'm staying away from this game

petey5
    petey5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16995

Atlanta will win in a close one. Hopefully it's really high-scoring.

Saintsfan1977
    Saintsfan1977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4104

Rumor is they are going to retire Steve Gleason's #37 before kickoff.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

saints cover

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Saints easy

Tough place to win

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Atl ml and call it a day

beringeyy
    beringeyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 220

Jesus... Saints will cover, no doubts.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Nobody knows saints d, atl safe bet

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

I love everyone picking the Saints because "THEIR HOME". Can you tell me who in their secondary is stopping Atlanta's passing game? Falcons drop 30+ and win this game.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Falcons starting two rookie DBs today too, im taking the over hard but I like Atlanta in the game overall

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

^^^^ what he said , you also might wanna jump on the NE , they just announced that both their best starting corner and safety are OUT ...and on the other side of the ball you have a Rookie QB playing his his first start at full speed in the NFL lol Trust that NE is bringing the woodshed today .... swing over to NJ and don't even think about it , their rookie will have the worst start of the day TB -3.5 ... NE 1st half -6 looks good also

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

grabbed NE 1st half -7, couldnt find 6 but i like the 1st half bet