Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Brian Wilson offered 1 Million to shave it off

Razor company offers 1 Million to fear the beard Brian Wilson to shave that nest off his face. from yahoo sports

Brian Wilson's beard is back. Only, for how long?
    Just as Wilson made his debut in 2013 after signing with the Los Angeles Dodgers and recovering from another Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery, a razor blade company reportedly has offered him $1 million to shave his legendary and ridiculous beard.
    Radar Online cuts to the point:
    800Razors.com has been in negotiations with the 31-year-old baseball pro to have him shave off his beard and they’ve offered him a lucrative 7-figure deal, which would also have Brian become a brand ambassador for the company.
    “His management feels we need to match his present salary of $1 million at a minimum,” Co-Founder and President of 800Razors.com Philip Masiello told Radar.
    Fittingly, it might take 800 razors to make Wilson's iconic beard completely disappear, so this might work out. So out-of-control is Wilson's dyed-black coral reef of a beard, he's humorously added a ponytail to it.
    Were it not for the razor blade company's offer, the main Wilson news of the day would be his first appearance since recovering from a second Tommy John surgery. He hadn't pitched since April 2012 with the San Francisco Giants.
    Added to L.A.'s roster earlier in the week but not appearing until the series finale, Wilson did well against the Miami Marlins on Thursday afternoon, tossing a scoreless ninth inning in a 6-0 victory for the Dodgers. It was a fairly low-leverage situation for him, taking over for Clayton Kershaw, and giving him a chance to finish a game.
    Wearing uniform No. 00 (of course), Wilson reached 94 mph on the stadium gun, blowing a fastball past slugger Giancarlo Stanton, and later freezing him with an 88-mph cut fastball for a strikeout.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Probably smells like soup.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Probably smells like soup.
    That thing has to itch like crazy

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    was just going to say that.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Girls must love him

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Girls must love him
    I saw him like three weeks ago at the yard house downtown LA.. And a fine bitch with him.. Wooo hooo

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Only itches at the long stubble phase.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I saw him like three weeks ago at the yard house downtown LA.. And a fine bitch with him.. Wooo hooo
    well the millions dont hurt his image either.

Jefferey13
    Jefferey13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I was out to dinner and thought I saw him. It was a super legit impersonator beard.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

No matter how much someone tries to pay pitcher Brian Wilson to shave his awful beard, he won't do it. One day after a razor blade company offered him $1 million dollars to erase his infamous facial hair, Wilson's agency told TMZ (because, yeah) that he never took the offer earnestly.
    How close of a shave was it? Wilson's Beard even released a statement:
    "I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY'S ON THE TABLE ... NOBODY'S CUTTING ME!"
    He should let the Beard talk all of the time. And the way Wilson pitched in his return to Major League Baseball on Thursday, changing anything right now would seem a misstep — especially considering ballplayer superstitions.
    In his first outing since recovering from a second Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery and signing with the Los Angeles Dodgers, he tossed a scoreless inning against the Miami Marlins. He allowed a double, but also struck out slugger Giancarlo Stanton, acing him on an 88-mph cutter — so to speak — after zipping a 94-mph heater past him. Wilson got the final three outs in a 6-0 Dodgers victory. They're 77-52 this season and rolling.
    So, no, Wilson can't shave the beard. Not right now. But not ever?
    Brian refuses to even trim his trademark, and, in fact ... he's told them the beard is "going with him to the grave."
    Just as we all thought. It's got a death grip on his face.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Once the beard is grown it doesn't itch. The itching will happen if he cuts it off. Since it's been so long since he's been clean shaven a few days of growing it is what would make it itch.

teaserpleaser

he'll shave it or just be an uncomfortable mofo its too damn hot here in LA for that bush.

Jefferey13
    Jefferey13's Avatar Become A Pro!

When asked if he would dye it dodger blue he said he it was a question he had never been asked and very good question at that. He was actually super funny in the interview I watched.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

take the million and give it to charity

he actually hasn't made that much in his career relative to a one million dollar offer.

surprised he doesn't take it.

they do grow back

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Already saying pass. Typical jerk off attention whore.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Who fukkingggg cares?? The guy sucks anyway

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Only itches at the long stubble phase.

Deuce wins the thread.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Guy's career is almost over, take the alley-oop Brian.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

made over $22 million in his career.probably wouldn't cut his nose hair for $1 mil.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    made over $22 million in his career.probably wouldn't cut his nose hair for $1 mil.
    Minus...

- Taxes
    - Lifestyle
    - Agent's cut
    - Life expectancy of another 30-40 yrs

Not the time to turn down a free mil IMO. His novelty will wear out soon.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Remember when this guy was normal? Actually I think he's still normal, he just pulls the JJGold routine in the public eye. What a jerkoff.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Remember when this guy was normal? Actually I think he's still normal, he just pulls the JJGold routine in the public eye. What a jerkoff.
    LSU beat writers said he was never normal just not this crazy ....heard he was a nut at when playing at LSU....

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Minus...

- Taxes
    - Lifestyle
    - Agent's cut
    - Life expectancy of another 30-40 yrs

Not the time to turn down a free mil IMO. His novelty will wear out soon.
    and how much of that mil will be left after all that?

i actually applaud the guy for sticking to his look than selling out. plus he has a chance for another lucrative contract since hes just 31.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    and how much of that mil will be left after all that?

i actually applaud the guy for sticking to his look than selling out. plus he has a chance for another lucrative contract since hes just 31.
    Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that, I just don't know too many closers that return to their former glory after surgery. It just seems like a fleeting career. Might be the last chance he has at money like that.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that, I just don't know too many closers that return to their former glory after surgery. It just seems like a fleeting career. Might be the last chance he has at money like that.
    billy wagner, bj ryan, mariano rivera, kerry wood, joakim soria, john smoltz.... some closers who successfully returned from tommy john.

if he were 39 and had 1 foot out the retirement door, i'd say take the money but he's just 31 and has a great shot at regaining his form. plus it wasn't that long ago that he made millions off his beard with numerous endorsements which should return if he regains his form. so people who are calling for him to shave off his beard are being short-sighted.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Kindof representative of what is wrong with the world when a corporation has a spare million lying around they think is best spent giving to an already rich sports celeb to get them to shave which then politely gets turned down...