GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

How the HELL does anybody make money this time of year?

Baseball is the only game that I know well that's going right now but jesus christ, it's truly a fukkin coin flip every single game. Doesn't matter if a team has a far superior pitcher AND a far superior lineup, it's still basically a 55/45 likelyhood any given day.

I started this baseball season with a decent bankroll from football season primarily and combined with some basketball I won a bit, then lost most of it.

I've been looking into peoples threads here, systems, etc but it seems like they all hit about 45-50 percent best case, alot of them seem to start strong or involve people talking a big game then hitting at an impressive 40 percent clip...

Now I'm seeing alot of comments and threads of others, clearly in the same position, talking about holding tight until football season or just taking a break, but the thing is, I'm not a bitch.

I don't want to give up, I want to figure out a way to consistently make money during baseball season.

All that being said, this is probably not the best place to be asking since I don't think there are many professionals/winners browsing the boards daily but I'm at a loss and want to try to find out what winning bettors do during weak stretches to grind out profits.

______

Too Long/ Didn't Read? Baseball season sucks cack n' balls, how does anyone make money consistently long term?

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

mmmkay...

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Nobody does. They all lie

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Mma is all year round.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    mmmkay...
    What's the confusion? It's pretty straightforward - most of the threads here aren't showing consistent gains, so what the hell have people done in the past to make money during baseball season?

Or is it best to give up on baseball and start learning soccer?

I'm not sure what exactly 'mmmkay' is supposed to articulate, maybe english isn't your first language?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

gotta grind I could give you some hints but fukk that nobody helped me I had to figure this shit out on my own.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

See what I mean Kraker, so quiet even the ones who need to find some winners can't find you.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Bet tennis, soccer. Plenty of other things out there to bet on, no need to limit yourself to MLB

matthew919
    Update your status
    matthew919's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5869

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post

I don't want to give up, I want to figure out a way to consistently make money during baseball season.

Too Long/ Didn't Read? Baseball season sucks cack n' balls, how does anyone make money consistently long term?
    Learn how to program.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Yea a lot of the big favorites lost today. I was warned betting bases was a mind-penetrate.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

cough..cough..soccer.

it's gay but it pays the bills

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    Baseball is the only game that I know well that's going right now but jesus christ, it's truly a fukkin coin flip every single game. Doesn't matter if a team has a far superior pitcher AND a far superior lineup, it's still basically a 55/45 likelyhood any given day.

I started this baseball season with a decent bankroll from football season primarily and combined with some basketball I won a bit, then lost most of it.

I've been looking into peoples threads here, systems, etc but it seems like they all hit about 45-50 percent best case, alot of them seem to start strong or involve people talking a big game then hitting at an impressive 40 percent clip...

Now I'm seeing alot of comments and threads of others, clearly in the same position, talking about holding tight until football season or just taking a break, but the thing is, I'm not a bitch.

All that being said, this is probably not the best place to be asking since I don't think there are many professionals/winners browsing the boards daily but I'm at a loss and want to try to find out what winning bettors do during weak stretches to grind out profits.

______

i was hot as a firecracker before all-star break and right afterward too...

Lately ive been ice cold. I dont have a good read right now, and i think the problem is i am too worried about looking for value and i'm over thinking the games.

Teams like the Cubs and Padres cannot be trusted, i'm done with both of those teams after tonight.

they cant hit worth a damn

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

All of my points are from baseball. I can't lose. I've made quite a few bucks too these last few weeks. I should be posting my plays, but I know it would probably backfire.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    All of my points are from baseball. I can't lose. I've made quite a few bucks too these last few weeks. I should be posting my plays, but I know it would probably backfire.
    what are you going to do with the points?

offshore tyrant
    Update your status
    offshore tyrant's Avatar Become A Pro!

You said it how games are 55/45. Just hit a couple of big dogs each night and you are likely to be on the positive side of things .

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore tyrant View Post
    You said it how games are 55/45. Just hit a couple of big dogs each night and you are likely to be on the positive side of things .
    This is why this thread is dumb.

If the team with the "far superior" pitcher and "far superior" lineup is only winning 55% of the time and you don't have any idea how to make money then you need to stop gambling immediately. By your logic betting every heavy underdog would leave you raking in money hand over first.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    what are you going to do with the points?
    Unfortunately I can't do anything with them.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Unfortunately I can't do anything with them.
    what if you go pro? serious question because I went pro day one when the program started they let you keep those right?

sourtwist
    not a non pro

From what I understand I can only keep 3k if I go pro.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

by working a job (making money) and then not placing a single wager.... until NCAAF & NFL start up

the best time to play MLB was after all-star break when teams went on runs, both win streaks and losing streaks

pacers101
    pacers101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

soccer. you may not like it or watch it but green is green baby. soccer is the way to go.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just ride streaks man

Don't bet any other games

Also known as ride hot teams

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

Nascar Of course

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Gimpper

MLB after Aug 15th
    is not a good time.

Good Luck.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

As much I hate to admit this..the money is soccer

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    As much I hate to admit this..the money is soccer
    Darkside knows....
    Fruity...but it cashes.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Guys , I know shiiit about MLB , but I know one thing that if u lose one game in Baseball say [ - 155 ] u need to win next 2 games just get even and that's sucks !!

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Baseball is money...pick your spot and cash

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They either have a job or sit on their ass at home and let those who have jobs cover for them