stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

I am still in the front of the Cardinal bus, but .............

I am starting to think the Dodgers are going to be a very dangerous 'out' in October.

Kersahw is a throwback, he can start games 1,4 and 7 of a seven game set.
    If Zack keeps his head together (big if) and doesn't fold up like a cheap suit case in big time prime time, and with A-Gon doing what he does bet, 20-.300-.350 and Han-Ram stroking at a .360 clip, look out.

The Cuban has almost 250 AB's, you can almost remove the 'fluke' label, and looky, looky, Carl Crawford is just about .300 now.

Matt Kemp says he won't mess up the chemistry there in Hollywood, "bat me ninth I don't care"
    A.J Ellis has a little pop too behind that plate.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

NAsh cards are toast guy, my favorite team but and saddens me to say it but reality is reality. Something aint right in the Lou

Dodgers are a team of destiny. Puig was like a fukkin prophet called up to ressurect new life in the dodgers franchise.

Although they do need to keep kemps ass the hell outta the lineup. Gonna screw around with the mojo flow. Then again you just can't stop the work of the higher beings. Praise be to puig

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    NAsh cards are toast guy, my favorite team but and saddens me to say it but reality is reality. Something aint right in the Lou
    I wouldn't panic re: St. Louis because Yadi's been out, but the Cards were vastly overachieving early due to a ridiculous average with RISP that they simply couldn't keep up. Law of averages catching up to them.

I don't trust Mattingly or Matheny in a big-game situation, but I do think one of them is going to win the pennant despite their ineptitude.

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

facing Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu and then Nolasco. Thats scary.

and then Kemp will be healthy and they can DH one of the 4 outfielders since the AL has home field in the WS

St. Louis because of their bats pose the only challenge in the NL.

stevenash

I know there are suffering Pirate fans, and they are also an easy team to like, but I don't think they have the pedigree to win it.
    But if there is a teams fan base that deserves to pop some champagne, it it them.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Doesn't matter who wins the damn NL tigers are the best team in the majors. Verlander will heat up in sept and its a wrap from there, you won't beat JV and Scherzer in a best of 7 sorry fans of the opposing team. Oh and I forgot they have home field this year gl

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I wouldn't panic re: St. Louis because Yadi's been out, but the Cards were vastly overachieving early due to a ridiculous average with RISP that they simply couldn't keep up. Law of averages catching up to them.

I don't trust Mattingly or Matheny in a big-game situation, but I do think one of them is going to win the pennant despite their ineptitude.
    of the teams in playoff contention...

who do you trust as a skipper?

stevenash

I'm not No Coin, but I'll take the Mad Genius in Tampa bay Bear

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I wouldnt forget about Atlanta, yes their hitting is streaky but if its on around playoff time I think they have a shot.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Vert dangerous??

They are best team in baseball now

41-8 last 49

there is no going to be

stevenash

@Duke
    I am a big Brandon Beachy fan. When he's on, his shit is filthy dirty.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I know there are suffering Pirate fans, and they are also an easy team to like, but I don't think they have the pedigree to win it.
    But if there is a teams fan base that deserves to pop some champagne, it it them.
    I'd love to see it happen, but if you think AJB and Liriano are going to get you through a postseason series....

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Vert dangerous??

They are best team in baseball now

41-8 last 49

there is no going to be
    Remember the 1984 Tigers start? That was blazing.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The Braves bus is much faster than the Cardinals or Dodgers bus. Braves have no weakness right now.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The Braves bus is much faster than the Cardinals or Dodgers bus. Braves have no weakness right now.
    yeah but we all know what happens to the Braves in the playoffs...

they CHOKE

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yeah but we all know what happens to the Braves in the playoffs...

they CHOKE
    When was the last time the Dodgers won a playoff game?

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    Doesn't matter who wins the damn NL tigers are the best team in the majors. Verlander will heat up in sept and its a wrap from there, you won't beat JV and Scherzer in a best of 7 sorry fans of the opposing team. Oh and I forgot they have home field this year gl
    What happened to the Tigers last year in a best of 7 series?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Agree on tampa , I love me some madden and love me that rays team. Too bad their pen is doodoo

Braves are rock solid, top to bottom really. I'd love to see the cards take it all, but I just don't know...

Thoughts on the AL east guys??? See boston holding up down the stretch? Farrel is a fukkin bonehead though and they too have issues inside the pen

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Braves built for playoff bases.

Dodgers are playing loose but when the sh*t tightens up I can't expect see the same.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Vegas doesn't seem to think that they are any more likely to win than the Tigers or the Braves.
    I'm sure that will change but if you are on the Dodgers, now might be the best time to take them.
    Unless the public continues to load up on the Tigers this might be the best value you see on the Dodgers before the playoffs.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Quote Originally Posted by Chong Wizard View Post
    What happened to the Tigers last year in a best of 7 series?
    That was damn fluke and you know it. SF had destiny on their side that whole damn playoffs it was f**king disgusting really.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Remember the 1984 Tigers start? That was blazing.
    35-5.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Still early

How long can you stay hard?

stevenash

That was damn fluke and you know it. SF had destiny on their side that whole damn playoffs it was f**king disgusting really.
    And they are about to become just the second team in all of baseball history to win a WS, and finish last the following season.

They did it with one masher last season (Buster) and roided juiced up Melke, who didn't even finish that tainted season, four pitcher that won 14 plus, how did Zito win 15 last season is a mystery, because every time I saw him in 2012 he got lit.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cards will stick around too many arms don't like too many of their bats but love their arms( including bullpen in arms )outside of that bum westbrook...Carlos Martinez is in AAA they keep throwing this bum westbrook out there throw freeman in his spot anybody but this bum

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Braves built for playoff bases.

Dodgers are playing loose but when the sh*t tightens up I can't expect see the same.
    Offense is all or nothing that offense no shows at times nobody afraid of braves starters

Jefferey13
    Jefferey13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Offense is all or nothing that offense no shows at times nobody afraid of braves starters
    The dodgers right now are in some type of magic mode. They aren't going out there and beating teams wire to wire every night. They have a serious luck factor or whatever you want to call.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferey13 View Post
    The dodgers right now are in some type of magic mode. They aren't going out there and beating teams wire to wire every night. They have a serious luck factor or whatever you want to call.
    Its not Luck the dodgers scrap and they have really good starting pitching I don't see any magic I just see a good team. I see games vs shit teams the braves just look dead uggla striking out with men in scoring position, heyward taking bad abats there are days that look like they aren't even trying offensively dodgers are always trying to grind you don't win at the clip they are on without grinding. That not beating teams wire to wire you're talking about and call luck is what I call grinding staying in the game finding a way to win. 40 of 48 isn't luck

teaserpleaser

punto said it best jeff when he said the dodgers don't ever feel like their out of a game.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Did Westbrook really walk the FIRST 3 batters to start the game???? OMG, LMFAO!!!!

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

How does this guy still have a job as a starting MLB pitcher??? The Cubs offense is horrid!! He steps up & makes them look like the Yankees. That is actually HARD to do, LMAO!!!

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferey13 View Post
    can they keep it up through October every team makes a run

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

And they are about to become just the second team in all of baseball history to win a WS, and finish last the following season.

They did it with one masher last season (Buster) and roided juiced up Melke, who didn't even finish that tainted season, four pitcher that won 14 plus, how did Zito win 15 last season is a mystery, because every time I saw him in 2012 he got lit.
    And their pretty much THE SAME EXACT TEAM THAT WON IT!!! thats what amazes me the most bout their record this season. lol I also loved how Leyland managed the ASG to get the home field. He knows bos doesnt have the SP to beat them and tex/oak dont have enough of anything to beat them. I would love to see Kershaw/Verlander gms 1 and 4 in the WS that would be all-time shit right there and easy money on the unders

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

So 2 out of 3 years is a fluke...GTFO here

Jefferey13
    Jefferey13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    punto said it best jeff when he said the dodgers don't ever feel like their out of a game.
    I think punto said it best when he said "We cant stop, and we won't stop" lol.

But I'm not saying they aren't amazing, or they wouldn't be over .500 during this stretch. I'm just saying that there is a little something else where everything is going there way. They have won every extra innings game it seems, plus the 8 (or so) come from behind wins they have or whatever. It's just amazing. I know it won't last. I will be watching every game. I'm just saying it's a little too good right now.

12 Last