El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

4-6-3 double play. The Zeigler special.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Arizona wins another Corbin start .. You don't crying?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

3 walk-offs.

Remember to fade the shit out of the dbags next year.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    3 walk-offs.

Remember to fade the shit out of the dbags next year.
    Dbacks go back and forth. They usually have decent pitching. This year they are winning the one run games. Last year they didn't. The year before they did. Pitching takes you far in the NL West.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Dbacks go back and forth. They usually have decent pitching. This year they are winning the one run games. Last year they didn't. The year before they did. Pitching takes you far in the NL West.
    It's actually a stat (probably not the right word) that carries across all sports. I noticed it 2 years ago when doing research on my Cats in basketball.

Teams that win or lose close games, tend to do the exact opposite the following year, almost without exception.

I had a long list of examples, different teams, different era's, different sports - but it's on a computer I trashed a while back when I got a new laptop.

Now that I think about that, I should do some research on prime teams to fall under this for the upcoming football seasons.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    It's actually a stat (probably not the right word) that carries across all sports. I noticed it 2 years ago when doing research on my Cats in basketball.

Teams that win or lose close games, tend to do the exact opposite the following year, almost without exception.

I had a long list of examples, different teams, different era's, different sports - but it's on a computer I trashed a while back when I got a new laptop.

Now that I think about that, I should do some research on prime teams to fall under this for the upcoming football seasons.
    Yeah, the Dbacks are weird this season. Their bullpen is defying the statistics. They have blown 2 saves in a game twice now and still won both those games. So the bullpen gets credited with those blown saves and the inflated ERA that goes with it, yet they are still winning. I think they have won a majority of the games where the bullpen has blown a save. They are always clawing around in the 9th inning. Obviously can't hold up long term, but in a season (see the Orioles last year) a team can will and grind those close games in and over perform.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Yup

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Hbp, single , walk, double single. Corbin, u stink.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Hmmmmm......

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Any update on Corbin's 2nd half numbers?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukk Corbin fukkin bum dodgers don't even hit left handlers well bombing this kid can't even make it past the 3rd inning

First 123