PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

bossman Myers

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah he is legit. i like his style of play, he's very laid back and cool calm and confident

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rays might be your champs

CHIB
    CHIB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Would love to see a left handed power bat in between both Myers and Longoria.

Even though it would never happen, I think Anthony Rizzo would be the best fit for the Rays. IMO, his numbers would be inflated a bit because of all the pitches he would get to feast on.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have an awesome starting rotation.

Not sure anybody can compete with those arms

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by CHIB View Post
    Would love to see a left handed power bat in between both Myers and Longoria.

Even though it would never happen, I think Anthony Rizzo would be the best fit for the Rays. IMO, his numbers would be inflated a bit because of all the pitches he would get to feast on.
    what about my boy Loney?

CHIB
    CHIB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what about my boy Loney?
    This is a career year for Loney but I don't ultimately see him as the answer or long-term plan at 1B.

As a Rays fan, I gotta say that I loved the addition of Loney because his glove fits in with the standard of defense the Rays expect and everyone knew this was a make-or-break year for him. He has always been a good contact guy who never really untapped his power. I don't think he ever will untap his power, even though he has shown some little extra pop this year.

If he does stay in Tampa, it will be at a discount and a contract that would possibly allow the Rays to acquire another 1B/DH in the future. No more Luke Scott please...I know he has been batting well but I just cannot stand that guy.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16170

It's no coincidence that since Will Myers came up June 18 Tampa is 24-9 and came from 7 games behind to 1/2 games behind the Sox.
    All the talk about Piug for the Dodgers, Wil Myers will have better stats than Puig by years end.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

i didnt really know much about myers til about two weeks ago but its hard to blame the royals for getting shields who has pitched very well but been tough luck on w's and l's

they have alex gordon who is a .270 career hitter at 29 and eric hosmer who theyre still waiting to see how he pans out...good so far but still far from a star...so they went out and got a known entity this time

if myers keeps going you could certainly say the royals just have shit luck

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    i didnt really know much about myers til about two weeks ago but its hard to blame the royals for getting shields who has pitched very well but been tough luck on w's and l's

they have alex gordon who is a .270 career hitter at 29 and eric hosmer who theyre still waiting to see how he pans out...good so far but still far from a star...so they went out and got a known entity this time

if myers keeps going you could certainly say the royals just have shit luck
    I don't know if you can call it shit luck because he was the top hitting prospect in baseball

He's been projected as a future MVP candidate. The Royals were well aware of what they had on their hands

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    Guy is killing it I think he is hitting .500 in his last 9 games

team should never trade with the rays, they always get raped
    Teams should ask them the rays who they want, and then realize they shouldn't give that guy away; or better yet, if you think you might trade a guy away, see if the rays want them or not

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Myers, who has led an itinerant career in terms of both position and organization, likely will remain the subject of trade speculation leading into next month’s winter meetings. On Tuesday, at least one possible destination came to light. As first reported by The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal, the Padres and the Mariners have discussed an exchange that would send Myers north in return for shortstop Jean Segura and right-hander Mike Leake.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47610

Myers has a ton of talent and is a great athlete but I have seen enough. He doesn't have the mental side down and often times has his head in the clouds and makes a lot of mental errors. I'd be over the moon if the Padres trade him for Segura like some reports are saying.