jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Betfair/Matchbook The Only No Limit/Don't Reduce Limits Books In UK???

Can't think of any others,Betdaq is small time so do not really include it but at least Ladbrokes bough them out which could help

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

smarkets

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11842

Betfair has a wicked premium charge for successful accounts. The take up to 60% of your profits on a weekly basis.

jjgold

smarkets is nice but very very small..wish it had more volume

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

NO

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Betfair slugs me with the premium charge, only way out of that one was for my brother to open an account.

Racing Form
    Racing Form's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Betfair slugs me with the premium charge, only way out of that one was for my brother to open an account.
    Can I play your old account? Seriously, I recently got booted (residents of my country no longer accepted) Would be thrilled to have an account and pay PC now. VPN + your old account= me happy again

jjgold

How much do you have to win before premium charges at betfair?? Why would they do this on an exchange?? I do not get it???

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

They'll link your accounts and apply PC to it as well.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

what a joke this betfair is

jjgold

Betfair seems more of a high volume in play tennis, soccer, and horses and cricket book

Pre game ok but not high volume

tommygun

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How much do you have to win before premium charges at betfair?? Why would they do this on an exchange?? I do not get it???
    I turned $1500 into $70,000 in 8 weeks back in 2011, when I received an email stating that I was getting hit with the Premium Charge, only 20% but the annoying thing is it hits you every Tuesday, so if you make $1000 in a week expect $200 to be gone from your account when you check it Wednesday morning.

tommygun

Quote Originally Posted by Racing Form View Post
    Can I play your old account? Seriously, I recently got booted (residents of my country no longer accepted) Would be thrilled to have an account and pay PC now. VPN + your old account= me happy again
    They can detect VPN mate.

tommygun

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    They'll link your accounts and apply PC to it as well.
    Been playing for 6 months on my brothers account, yet to be hit with the premium charge on this one.

tommygun

Betfair seems more of a high volume in play tennis, soccer, and horses and cricket book

Pre game ok but not high volume
    Yes this is true JJ....US sports not so much money matched but still plenty of cash to be matched.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Vpn is detectable?

tommygun

If you use a VPN to gain access to Betfair from a forbidden country they will find out and then your account will be banned, guaranteed. People have tried it in the past, it works for a while but they end up getting caught trust me.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

If you use a VPN to gain access to Betfair from a forbidden country they will find out and then your account will be banned, guaranteed. People have tried it in the past, it works for a while but they end up getting caught trust me.
    Is that unique to betfair or does it apply to pinnacle amd other books?

tommygun

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Is that unique to betfair or does it apply to pinnacle amd other books?

honestly mate, I've only looked into it through Betfair as they ban a lot of countries.
    I did some research a while back to try and get around an Australian Law that bans live betting on the internet during live matches (phone bets ok) but its not worth the risk if they close your account, people have tried VPN's and failed.
    Other books may not have such high tech measures? not sure really.

jjgold

I would think your account would be closed using VPN before you wanted a payout .

If you get verified and win going to be hard for them to say your not getting your money because of VPN rules especially of just a couple of grand .

Otherwise these books are so to rich . How they can ask for a premium is behind belief.

tommygun

I would think your account would be closed using VPN before you wanted a payout .

If you get verified and win going to be hard for them to say your not getting your money because of VPN rules especially of just a couple of grand .

Otherwise these books are so to rich . How they can ask for a premium is behind belief.
    Agreed JJ, it is an outrage they charge Premium Charge, I have generated a lot of commission for the exchange with my profits shouldn't I be getting rewarded not disadvantaged for my efforts? The only bonus thing is I get a weekly call from Betfair Premium Team offering me unique money back plays. Eg. During the A-League season they said I could bet $200 risk free on 1 game and if I lost it was money back....

tommygun

1 game a week that was ^

tommygun

I opened an account at Betdaq because theres no premium charge but then became banned for Australians so that was gone. Opened an account at Smarkets but the liquidity wasn't as good as betfair and it takes a while for your bets to be 'approved' sometimes.

jjgold

Smarkets is just too small
    Decent set up but that's about it
    Many markets lucky to have 100 BP in them

tommygun

agreed JJ, dissapointing really because if they could get players across it would be great as no premium charge and commission is smaller....

jjgold

How is Betdaq??

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I turned $1500 into $70,000 in 8 weeks back in 2011, when I received an email stating that I was getting hit with the Premium Charge, only 20% but the annoying thing is it hits you every Tuesday, so if you make $1000 in a week expect $200 to be gone from your account when you check it Wednesday morning.
    that sucks big time.

How is Betdaq??
    I love betdaq with 3% commission but it's only good for horse racing and major soccer markets.

jjgold

It seems Betdaq has not grown much over the years, maybe with Ladbrokes buying it could help them and pump money in their markets

Chuck Beezy
    Release da hounds!!!
    Chuck Beezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is pure ridic!

I use Betfair, admittedly not at a high level like you, but if they did that on me I'd be mad.

Funny thing is Betfair only "cares" about high limit players and were looking to get rid of small time players. But to turn around and stiff players like tommygun is a joke, as he says look at how much commission he has made the company.

I joined Betdaq for the 0% first month and 3% following that, seems ok. Odds don't go up as quick as Fair and action is not as good, but potential is there. However I have heard horror stories about them "reclaiming" fees for people who withdraw more than they deposit via Moneybookers. another bullshit T&C to rob the public.

These exchanges need to sort their act out tbh, because they are what they are - a platform for people to wage against others and to try and claim any extra cash from this is a joke.

jjgold

It seems so many books are good until you want a payout then the red tape starts

Betfair is so rich but now very greedy

Ladbrokes hopefully helps Betdaq

Chuck Beezy
    Release da hounds!!!
    Chuck Beezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems so many books are good until you want a payout then the red tape starts

Betfair is so rich but now very greedy

Ladbrokes hopefully helps Betdaq
    I would love to see Ladbrokes scrap Betdaq and open their own exchange.

With their marketing, branding etc. They would be true competition to Betfair and Betfair would shit their pants.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Beezy View Post

I joined Betdaq for the 0% first month and 3% following that, seems ok. Odds don't go up as quick as Fair and action is not as good, but potential is there. However I have heard horror stories about them "reclaiming" fees for people who withdraw more than they deposit via Moneybookers. another bullshit T&C to rob the public.

These exchanges need to sort their act out tbh, because they are what they are - a platform for people to wage against others and to try and claim any extra cash from this is a joke.
    I don't understand the "reclaiming" fees part. Can you elaborate on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Beezy View Post
    I would love to see Ladbrokes scrap Betdaq and open their own exchange.

isn't betdaq their own exchange?

jjgold

Ladbrokes buys Betdaq in €30m deal

Ladbrokes chief executive Richard Glynn has made his first acquisition since taking the reins at the bookmaker three years ago with the purchase of betting exchange Betdaq for about €30m (£25m).

Of the €30m, €15m will be in Ladbrokes shares. Ladbrokes will also take a 10pc stake in TBH, the technology provider to Betdaq.

The bookmaker unveiled the deal with Betdaq’s owner, Irish multi-millionaire Dermot Desmond, who also has a 2pc stake in Ladbrokes, on Thursday.

Buying Betdaq, though only a relatively small deal, will at least bring to an end Mr Glynn’s reputation for balking at any acquisition.

He walked out on talks to buy 888 and Sportingbet, pulled out of the race for Australia’s Centrebet and had an abortive flirtation with Playtech over a possible online tie-up.

Talks with Betdaq began over a year ago but were characterised as “only a discussion about technology supply”. Ladbrokes admitted earlier this month that they had morphed into merger discussions.

The pair already have a commercial relationship, with Ladbrokes using the betting exchange to hedge bets.

Analysts say the challenge for Ladbrokes is turning Betdaq into anything resembling a rival to Betfair, which is 20 times its size.

The bookmaker sees the exchange as a way of hanging on to current customers who place some of their bets with Betfair, whose peer-to-peer model can offer better odds for some types of wagers. However, that may require considerable marketing spend.

Betdaq generated profit after tax of €2.8m in the year to the end of December and had gross assets of €35.4m.
    Of the €30m, €15m will be in Ladbrokes shares. Ladbrokes will also take a 10pc stake in TBH, the technology provider to Betdaq.
    Labrokes shares rose 2.2pc in early trading.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

If your not funded at sbobet and pinny you are missing out.

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Matchbook is the best exchange for US sports.

BAUS

12 Last