MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Will Carolina Panthers go over 7.5 season wins?

I think so

9 to be exact

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

too tough of a division.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

fukk no 6-10 or worse ... Brutal schedule and the Panthers did nothing to help out Cam Newton....

A QB is only as good as his receivers and besides that midget steve smith they got nothing on offense

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

No sir.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Panthers fan and I gotta agree the smart play is the under.

Our secondary is crap. Our DT's suspect. Our o-line inconsistent.

Don't see 8 wins unless Brees or Matt Ryan go down with a season ending injury. But who knows, maybe we find a couple CBs in camp, our first round DT plays like an All-Pro, Jon Beason/Thomas Davis actually play half the season, and we remember how to run the ball. Then I could see 10-12 wins. But I don't think any of that shit is going to happen.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Panthers fan and I gotta agree the smart play is the under.

Our secondary is crap. Our DT's suspect. Our o-line inconsistent.

Don't see 8 wins unless Brees or Matt Ryan go down with a season ending injury. But who knows, maybe we find a couple CBs in camp, our first round DT plays like an All-Pro, Jon Beason/Thomas Davis actually play half the season, and we remember how to run the ball. Then I could see 10-12 wins. But I don't think any of that shit is going to happen.
    The new DT's will be solid. However thats not going to help our team... It's not like the Panthers have to worry about stopping anybodys running attack...

The secondary is attrocious Haroki Nakurmura and Captain Munnerlyn would not start on any other team...

how the hell they gonna stop Brees, Ryan, Rodgers, eli manning, etc....they can't and they won't.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

I would lean under but I think it's tough. With Cam there you never know what'll happen...

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

I think Panthers beat Seattle opening week.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    I think Panthers beat Seattle opening week.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Qb so erratic but talented

I think it's going to be close

If I was to bet I say NO

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Number is spot on im thinkin 7 wins

SECSNOB15
    SECSNOB15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

I say 9 wins. They get Ryan Kalil back, who was an All-Pro center before missing last season due to injury. Star Lotulelei was a steal at pick #14. So that gives the O-Line and D-Line a big boost. Ted Ginn definitely helps special teams. And not to mention the Panthers have one of the best front-7 in all of football, IF Beason can actually remain healthy. The Kraken and Charles Johnson are two of the most underrated DEs in the league. 'Monsters Inc.' is going to have a coming out party.

BUT, they still have no other WRs besides Smitty to help Cam out. And their secondary remains questionable.

It will be close but I say 9 wins is reasonable, even with a very tough schedule. Remember, they were in a lot of games last year and blew it. You have to think they will get over the hump eventually. Hopefully Cam Newton finally matures into the leader he needs to be.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by SECSNOB15 View Post
    I say 9 wins. They get Ryan Kalil back, who was an All-Pro center before missing last season due to injury. Star Lotulelei was a steal at pick #14. So that gives the O-Line and D-Line a big boost. Ted Ginn definitely helps special teams. And not to mention the Panthers have one of the best front-7 in all of football, IF Beason can actually remain healthy. The Kraken and Charles Johnson are two of the most underrated DEs in the league. 'Monsters Inc.' is going to have a coming out party.

It will be close but I say 9 wins is reasonable, even with a very tough schedule. Remember, they were in a lot of games last year and blew it. You have to think they will get over the hump eventually. Hopefully Cam Newton finally matures into the leader he needs to be.
    please list the 9 winnable games on their schedule. It's a Brutal schedule

SECSNOB15

Bills, Cardinals, Giants, Vikings, Rams, Jets, Dolphins, NO@home, TB@home

SECSNOB15

Just my opinion, you're right about the schedule. It is pretty damn tough.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

at arizona, at minnesota, and home against NY Giants all tough games.

SECSNOB15

Yeah you're right those definitely are not easy. But I see them as winnable. Arizona has Palmer at quarterback and Mendenhall coming off knee surgery at RB. Even with Carolina's weak secondary and Fitz catching Palmer's passes, Palmer has to be able to get him the ball. And Palmer just isn't very good anymore. At Minny will be tough. AP is a beast but Carolina's front 7 is solid and can hold him to under 110 rushing yards. And I don't trust Ponder yet. I give them the edge vs the Giants because it is at home and to be honest, I don't know how David Wilson is going to perform, even though many say he is primed for a breakout season in his second year. Giants fans know him better than I do though. And without a solid running game, I feel like the Panthers can put pressure on Eli and rattle him a little bit.

At the worst I say 8 wins. At the best, I say 10 wins but that is certainly pushing it and I honestly don't believe that will happen.

Take all this with a grain of salt because I do pull for the Panthers. Sometimes I unfortunately let my 'homerism' get the best of me haha.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

yeah i was at the Panthers vs Giants game last year and the stadium was almost ALL Giants fans..

if i didn't know any better i would have thought i was in New York... Maybe the Panthers will be extra motivated since the Giants beat them like 34-0 last time.

SECSNOB15

Haha yea that game was absolutely AWFUL. And unfortunately, I see more fans of other teams rather than the Panthers throughout the Carolinas.

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

optimism panther fans, like you said SEC, we were "IN" almost all games but lost by 5 or less ( i know a loss is a loss ) but with little improvement from last we could easily win 8 or more

SECSNOB15

Quote Originally Posted by MJT1212 View Post
    optimism panther fans, like you said SEC, we were "IN" almost all games but lost by 5 or less ( i know a loss is a loss ) but with little improvement from last we could easily win 8 or more
    Completely agree with you here. Gotta have faith in your team or what's the point in being a fan? I guess we are just some of those fans who view the glass as 'half full' rather than 'half empty'.

petey5
    petey5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16857

I think Newton is going to be way better this year, so I'd say 9-7.