pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    damn theo epstein is a fukkin idiot !

no wonder they ran his bitch ass out of town in boston!

lmfao grimm is fukkin terrible
    ugh I thought it was profar... bears right grimms batting practice.. damn

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    damn cubs really did get raped on this one. this is why they will never be competitive
    Disagree. Cubs got a nice haul.

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    yeah you did, did not read each and every post.
    My bad

texas just won themselves a divison.
    texas needs bats also are they are not going anywhere!

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Rangers need a bat, who cares if Garza comes in if the Rangers will continue to score 1 run per game.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

As a Cubs fan, and antagonist - I find nothing wrong with this trade.

Garza needed to get gone, and we got a top 50 prospect in return at a position of need.

Olt fits perfectly in the rebuilding project. Kid can rake. Just needs to improve his consistency.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I don't think Olt is ready for prime time though.
    He tore up AA ball last year, what he hit, 30 homers or something at Frisco?
    Stunk it up when the Rangers called him up, plus he strikes out way to much.
    Has unreal raw power though.
    Olt is a long ways from being a stud at this point. Kid has lots of potential, but failed miserably in an extended stay up here last year.

Reminds me a lot of Justin Smoak.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Cubs made a killing.

Theo is a scary scary man

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Olt is a long ways from being a stud at this point. Kid has lots of potential, but failed miserably in an extended stay up here last year.

Reminds me a lot of Justin Smoak.
    Lots of guys fail in their first short stay (something like 140 or 150 AB is not extended). Isn't that what the Cubs did with Rizzo when he failed in a limited stay with SD?

We'll see if he has his eye issues corrected. But he'd probably have been the started 3B there if not blocked by Beltre. He's ready for a longer look pretty soon. He hit 28 HR in under 400 AB's in AA last season. Not too shabby. The potential is there.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

from Rozner's column

One certainty is that by threatening to start Garza on Monday and bringing other teams into the trade discussion rather than buckle to the Texas demands, Epstein got the Rangers to sweeten the deal and acquired the No. 2, 5 and 14 Texas prospects, as ranked by Baseball America.

For a two-month rental, Epstein got the absolute most he could out of a guy who leaves the Cubs having accomplished nothing in Chicago beyond cementing the notion that he is both annoying and injury prone, if not altogether selfish.

In the meantime, the Cubs get a top 20 MLB prospect in third baseman Mike Olt, who had no place to play in Texas and vision problems earlier this year. Olt has a chance to be a power guy at third base with excellent defense.

Justin Grimm (24) is a potential No. 3 starter, and C.J. Edwards (21) is a couple of years away but has allowed precisely zero home runs in 160 minor-league innings over two seasons with 207 strikeouts and is probably soon headed for Double-A.

Not all will live up to their potential, just as not every Cubs minor-league superstar of the moment will become a regular at Wrigley Field. The object of the exercise right now is to stockpile prospects who might someday get here, or be used to acquire the parts the Cubs will need.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    from Rozner's column

One certainty is that by threatening to start Garza on Monday and bringing other teams into the trade discussion rather than buckle to the Texas demands, Epstein got the Rangers to sweeten the deal and acquired the No. 2, 5 and 14 Texas prospects, as ranked by Baseball America.

For a two-month rental, Epstein got the absolute most he could out of a guy who leaves the Cubs having accomplished nothing in Chicago beyond cementing the notion that he is both annoying and injury prone, if not altogether selfish.

In the meantime, the Cubs get a top 20 MLB prospect in third baseman Mike Olt, who had no place to play in Texas and vision problems earlier this year. Olt has a chance to be a power guy at third base with excellent defense.

Justin Grimm (24) is a potential No. 3 starter, and C.J. Edwards (21) is a couple of years away but has allowed precisely zero home runs in 160 minor-league innings over two seasons with 207 strikeouts and is probably soon headed for Double-A.

Not all will live up to their potential, just as not every Cubs minor-league superstar of the moment will become a regular at Wrigley Field. The object of the exercise right now is to stockpile prospects who might someday get here, or be used to acquire the parts the Cubs will need.
    He may flame out at higher levels but that 0 HR in 160 IP is a pretty amazing stat.

Not only all of that, but also the Cubs apparently got 2 PTBNL and depending where you read these might be pretty significant prospects as well. Cubs got a haul for a rental, but if Garza can help Texas win a WS then all will be happy.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Another bad move by the no championships rangers

Garza isnt the answer and they shipped away a future all star

Rangers

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    from Rozner's column

Great post!

Garza was definitely a bad fit for a team in full rebuild. He's a bit of a head case, a big salary hit, and Texas may find out sooner or later Garza's an injury waiting to happen right now. Theo got 5 bodies and moved a guy that wasn't gonna be excelling when the Cubs do get good. A lot depends on whether this kids eye history improves. Hopefully it ain't due to concussions. These 5 bodies will hopefully light a fire or two under the asses of Rizzo and lame ass Castro now and in the future. Theo is loading up the minors.

If Theo moves Sorry-ass somehow, then he's done a monster miracle.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Another bad move by the no championships rangers

Garza isnt the answer and they shipped away a future all star

Rangers
    You simply reaffirmed you know very little about baseball with this post.

Calling any of those guys "future all stars" at this stage of their careers is simple minded at best.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Garza another clubhouse cancer. Him and AJ in the same clubhouse?

opie1988

That's a concern. No doubt.

But no way to tell how these things ever pan out. Hope for the best for all parties.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Garza's not a cancer, I don't buy that. He seems to be healthy right now, but yeah, for anyone signing him long-term that is a concern. I think he's a big game pitcher and can help Texas. Will that get them a trophy, probably not but who knows. Texas has been close so much that they want to do whatever it takes now, can't blame em. I think this is one of those "good trades for both teams" deal.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

his own catcher, while praising him still said this

"I know he can get on a lot of people's nerves," Navarro said. "I understood him the best, and he knew I wasn't going to play around with him or bull crap with him. I was going to tell him the truth like it is and he was going to take it like a man."

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    his own catcher, while praising him still said this

"I know he can get on a lot of people's nerves," Navarro said. "I understood him the best, and he knew I wasn't going to play around with him or bull crap with him. I was going to tell him the truth like it is and he was going to take it like a man."
    What's bad about this statement??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Great start for Garza with Texas.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Great start for Garza with Texas.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Guy might be the difference maker needed

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

He looked like an Ace pickup still was the replacement Yankees but still looked good fastball got on the hitters quick

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Garza another clubhouse cancer. Him and AJ in the same clubhouse?
    Garza wigs out.

Texas GM gonna have a sit down with him.

Media saying his old team didn't like his antics in the club house.

LMAO

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Garza = it's all about him

First 12