I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Through the first five Max has been a machine.
    Showing Sale who the man is.
    Without effort, one scratch single, that's it.

He's just about as good as Verlander is.
    Best 1-2 duo in the business.
    Still say St. Louis is the team to beat for the whole ball of wax.
    Don't forget the offense they are facing

And the SHIT defense Sale has behind him

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Quote Originally Posted by detroitlionsfan View Post
    2006 world series rematch ?
    I'm a baseball fan first, Yankee fan second, I would give my left nut to see that matchup.
    Max and JV squaring up against the Red-Bird line up. Good as it gets.
    I'd make Cards -115 for that series, Detroit gets four home games is why -115

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Tigers win the series. I feel it in my bones. Martinez is back to his old ways, Amd the bullpen has been solved, lately anyway. We will see. To the op. do you forget about infante, Jackson and peralta???
    they are good hitters. I like your posts usually, but those guys hit

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Tigers win the series. I feel it in my bones. Martinez is back to his old ways, Amd the bullpen has been solved, lately anyway. We will see. To the op. do you forget about infante, Jackson and peralta???
    Jackson is a k machine. Peralta might not even be around if he's busted using drugs, which he obviously is.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    thats a laugh

but if tigers trade for a good starting pitcher they could move pocello/sanchez/fister to bullpen

which would improve relief and depth greatly

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

World Series is Pittsburgh vs Oakland end of discussion tropic closed

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

For some strange reason, as I have pointed out in the past, the Tigers don't seem to match expectations. Of the 30 MLB teams, they have the 10th best record. And it was basically like that last year too. And they play in a pitiful division. To me, it's shocking that this team can't win 100+ games. For the most part, everyone on their team has been healthy outside of Austin Jackson and Omar Infante.

Verlander is down and down in a big way too. Sure, everyone knew there was no way he could sustain his performance from the past 2 years but this year has been a real struggle. Every game he is laboring out there and he is usually done by the 6th inning. Last yer he had 15 games where he went 8 innings or better...this year he has just 1 game. I am not convinced by Scherzer. His ERA is way to high for his record. Only a matter of time. Sanchez and Fister are slightly above average and Porcello is wildly inconsistent. Cabrera is still amazing but everyone else is just average or slightly above average in the lineup.

I think Tampa Bay matches up well against the Tigers and so does Baltimore. But I'd make Tigers slight favorites
    too even with some of their shortcomings this year.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Quote Originally Posted by detroitlionsfan View Post
    thats a laugh

but if tigers trade for a good starting pitcher they could move pocello/sanchez/fister to bullpen

which would improve relief and depth greatly
    Have they not pitched much better as of late? They still need help, but the bullpen has not blown game after game recently

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

What other teams have so much better hitters than the tigers???
    can anyone answer, lol?

They lead the majors in ten hit games, and for runs scored. They just take a day off sometimes

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    For some strange reason, as I have pointed out in the past, the Tigers don't seem to match expectations. Of the 30 MLB teams, they have the 10th best record. And it was basically like that last year too. And they play in a pitiful division. To me, it's shocking that this team can't win 100+ games. For the most part, everyone on their team has been healthy outside of Austin Jackson and Omar Infante.

Verlander is down and down in a big way too. Sure, everyone knew there was no way he could sustain his performance from the past 2 years but this year has been a real struggle. Every game he is laboring out there and he is usually done by the 6th inning. Last yer he had 15 games where he went 8 innings or better...this year he has just 1 game. I am not convinced by Scherzer. His ERA is way to high for his record. Only a matter of time. Sanchez and Fister are slightly above average and Porcello is wildly inconsistent. Cabrera is still amazing but everyone else is just average or slightly above average in the lineup.

I think Tampa Bay matches up well against the Tigers and so does Baltimore. But I'd make Tigers slight favorites
    too even with some of their shortcomings this year.
    Fielder is slightly above average? I would say he's good. I don't know other players on other teams. But I highly doubt a guy that makes the all star game every time and has won 2 hr derbies is "slightly above average" and I looked at Tori Hunter career stats just now and it looks like he's more on the "good" than average side. also cabrera is the best player in baseball? other managers on other teams always say hes the best hitter in the game by far

I/O

Jhonny P expected to be getting his own suspension notice shortly

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Jhonny P expected to be getting his own suspension notice shortly
    At least Detroit is making other plans for this

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Tigers looking very good as of late. Hopefully this is the year they come through and win it all.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Verlander easily Hittable.

fister sucks

porcello sucks

only max is good and miggy.

losing to twins

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Just thinking of a crazy possibility.

Could it be that Gus is paco? This seems like a reverse jinx attempt. The fact that the Tigers are involved is even more compelling.

I don't really think so because it doesn't seem paco-like to make ghosts but

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Just thinking of a crazy possibility.

Could it be that Gus is paco? This seems like a reverse jinx attempt. The fact that the Tigers are involved is even more compelling.

I don't really think so because it doesn't seem paco-like to make ghosts but
    So Gus is Paco?

First 12