The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

What happened? Need an update. Stuck at work with sick people. Thanks

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

i was there being a lifelong mets fan i must say that mo got what he deserved. complete class act by the players letting mo come out with no one on the field so he could have the spotlight all to himself in his last all star game. if he would have closed the 9th it wouldnt have been the same. would it have been nice yes but the way it was done was fitting
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wouldn't have been the same? For a guy who has made a living working the 9th inning.

Score was exactly the same and should have been 4-0 if not for Fat Boy's jello legs from the triple. Only thing I can see is Leyland wanted to let him go against an easier section of the lineup to try and insure a 1-2-3 scenario. It's whatever, I think the place would have been rockin' either way and I mean c'mon ... he could have earned a save in his final appearance ... THAT would have been fitting.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Wouldn't have been the same? For a guy who has made a living working the 9th inning.

Score was exactly the same and should have been 4-0 if not for Fat Boy's jello legs from the triple. Only thing I can see is Leyland wanted to let him go against an easier section of the lineup to try and insure a 1-2-3 scenario. It's whatever, I think the place would have been rockin' either way and I mean c'mon ... he could have earned a save in his final appearance ... THAT would have been fitting.
    the way that it was done guaranteed mo came in with no one on the field for the ovation that he got. if he let someone else pitch the 8th and they would have given up the lead he wouldnt have pitched the 9th and if the other reliever got into trouble and brought in mo he wouldnt have had that moment to himself as he did bringing him in the beginning of the8th inning. leyland said after the game that if they had a bigger lead he would have brought mo in for the 9th but he didnt want to risk it

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    would probably be able to throw in the low 90s til hes 45
    He is 45 already most likely.
    That's what is even more amazing about him.
    I'd say his actual age over/under is 46.5
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratpack

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    i was there being a lifelong mets fan i must say that mo got what he deserved. complete class act by the players letting mo come out with no one on the field so he could have the spotlight all to himself in his last all star game. if he would have closed the 9th it wouldnt have been the same. would it have been nice yes but the way it was done was fitting
    He HAD to pitch the 8th in case the NL took the lead off someone else that inning. That would have ruined the All-Star Game if that happened and he didn't get into the game. .
    He was the most important man in that stadium tonight.
    Well done by MLB and Mets Fans.
    That is why I love Baseball.
    Class act all the way.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why is he retiring?? If he comes back for money then he is a phony. I hope he sticks to his guns. The Yanks win ZERO world series without him. The real Yankee MVP

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

yes as the one poster said mo is the most v.i.p. yankee since the babe

First 12