ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Fantasy Football question

I'm in a 14 team PPR league. Rather then having our draft spot randomly chosen, we have a lottery for the right to pick our spot in the draft/where we'll be drafting. We are NOT drafting yet, this is just to choose draft order.

The 1st pick in the draft was already chosen, and it's now my turn to pick. It's a snake draft, so what position would be best for me to pick? Should I go with 14th so I get back to back picks? (14th and 15th)

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I personally like drafting in the middle. Like around 6-8th. If i can come away with a top 6 RB and a top 5 WR, or something like Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush/Chris Johnson/S. Jackson in a PPR league I'm off to a good start.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

I cant decide how many kickers I should draft

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

between 6-10

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

4-8 is ideal this year, IMO. You will get a player at every tier level in the beginning rounds, and will have a nice separation towards the end.

Only thing is why PPR? Those things need to be killed with fire.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    I'm in a 14 team PPR league. Rather then having our draft spot randomly chosen, we have a lottery for the right to pick our spot in the draft/where we'll be drafting. We are NOT drafting yet, this is just to choose draft order.

The 1st pick in the draft was already chosen, and it's now my turn to pick. It's a snake draft, so what position would be best for me to pick? Should I go with 14th so I get back to back picks? (14th and 15th)
    It all depends how many positions are starting for each team that you need to draft for. Some leagues start 2 QB's, other 3 WR's or 4 WR's, 2 RB's and a flex. Pick your draft position according to what you feel will be hardest to get good quality in the later rounds and then choose that the earliest. Decide your pick # based on that.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5614

Just remember, defense wins championships. I take top notch defenses in the first 3 rounds to make sure I'm covered during a bye week.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    I cant decide how many kickers I should draft
    crazy enough you will see blair walsh off the board quicker than youve prob ever seen a kicker....a pay site that ive been using for years(that is very good)for my big money league has him at 15th overall on their top 200 right now....

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    crazy enough you will see blair walsh off the board quicker than youve prob ever seen a kicker....a pay site that ive been using for years(that is very good)for my big money league has him at 15th overall on their top 200 right now....
    15th overall what? Overall overall?

So instead of drafting Rodgers or Brees, it is recommending you draft Walsh?

Has to be a typo, as in they're missing a digit, although admittedly I haven't done much prep for this season yet.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

drafts.. the folly with fantasy football

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    15th overall what? Overall overall?

So instead of drafting Rodgers or Brees, it is recommending you draft Walsh?

Has to be a typo, as in they're missing a digit, although admittedly I haven't done much prep for this season yet.
    fully admit i might have misread....but still the dude kicked 10 fgs over 50 yards

ChalkyDog

fully admit i might have misread....but still the dude kicked 10 fgs over 50 yards
    I am actually hoping thats legit. It would be a once in a lifetime talent/spectacle to justify a kicker going that high.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I am actually hoping thats legit. It would be a once in a lifetime talent/spectacle to justify a kicker going that high.
    id have to really look into the numbers....but like i said...dude kicked 10 fgs of 50 or more(10-10 i believe)....now in most scoring systems that give points for increased length....50 yards or more is like 10 points in my league....the 40s range i cant remember....but id guess he was averaging somewhere around 15 pts a game with a monster game or two.....im probably talking out of my ass here anyway cause i dont really know.....but surely there would be better value down the line if what i said was indeed true....still its hard to find a guy even in the top 25 thats going to give you that....but that ranking would still be out of whack

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

My league just got rid of kickers all together. It doesnt hurt my feelings at all to see them go.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Cash View Post
    My league just got rid of kickers all together. It doesnt hurt my feelings at all to see them go.
    haha i hear you....my league is big money....and i can tell you ive been saved by some monster weeks from kickers....also i can remember years ago losing a game by less than a point where my kicker flat out missed an xp.......i actually will follow my kickers gamecast hoping for his offense to stall out after hitting the 30 yard line lol

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Legatron

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

haha i hear you....my league is big money....and i can tell you ive been saved by some monster weeks from kickers....also i can remember years ago losing a game by less than a point where my kicker flat out missed an xp.......i actually will follow my kickers gamecast hoping for his offense to stall out after hitting the 30 yard line lol
    Yeah, losing to a guy whose kicker had 24 last year, while the fact that i waived him 2 weeks earlier adding insult to injury only made me hate kickers more!

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Unless your league has a really stupid setup for kickers there is no justifiable reason to take a kicker that early.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I think 3-6 is ideal.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Watching Game of Thrones right now