Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Floyd is "Money" here. Short line means more money to be made.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

^The new Gunshard?

yoyoyo
    yoyoyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

People talking about the shot that Mosley landed need to understand that Floyd met Mosley in the middle of the ring in that fight, and Floyd beat him up. Sure he got caught, but his mind told him exactly what he needed to do in that situation, and he stayed composed, and was never in any danger of being stopped. Catching Mayweather with a punch is one thing, being able to finish him is something entirely different.

Also, Mayweather is back with his Father now. The most important thing that means is - Defense. Floyd fought a more defensive fight against Guerrero than he did against Cotto. He'll be even more defensive against Canelo. He's going to make Canelo come find him. And about the time he thinks he has, Mayweather will be gone again.

Mix that in with the fact that Canelo only fights in spurts, and this seems like a recipe for Mayweather by decision.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
    People talking about the shot that Mosley landed need to understand that Floyd met Mosley in the middle of the ring in that fight, and Floyd beat him up. Sure he got caught, but his mind told him exactly what he needed to do in that situation, and he stayed composed, and was never in any danger of being stopped. Catching Mayweather with a punch is one thing, being able to finish him is something entirely different.

Also, Mayweather is back with his Father now. The most important thing that means is - Defense. Floyd fought a more defensive fight against Guerrero than he did against Cotto. He'll be even more defensive against Canelo. He's going to make Canelo come find him. And about the time he thinks he has, Mayweather will be gone again.

Mix that in with the fact that Canelo only fights in spurts, and this seems like a recipe for Mayweather by decision.
    i agree....ive always said the same.....floyd got rocked in the temple and buckled....yet he still knew exactly what to do...textbook stuff with tying up shanes right hand so he couldnt get another one off....not a position floyd is put in often and he handled it very well and then took control of the fight....and even though floyd told us all "i told shane you dont have to worry about me boxing you and none of that"....still no one believed hed stand in front of shane and even walk him down....

my point is...even if his defense is great....and he fights a defensive fight.....you can still get countered if you are lazy with a punch or miss....it happened to floyd ...he missed with a hook.....sort of like roy against tarver...and he got popped for it....

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

all-in Money May

yoyoyo
    yoyoyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i agree....ive always said the same.....floyd got rocked in the temple and buckled....yet he still knew exactly what to do...textbook stuff with tying up shanes right hand so he couldnt get another one off....not a position floyd is put in often and he handled it very well and then took control of the fight....and even though floyd told us all "i told shane you dont have to worry about me boxing you and none of that"....still no one believed hed stand in front of shane and even walk him down....

my point is...even if his defense is great....and he fights a defensive fight.....you can still get countered if you are lazy with a punch or miss....it happened to floyd ...he missed with a hook.....sort of like roy against tarver...and he got popped for it....
    No doubt about it, he can still get caught with a big shot. I just don't think Canelo has the 1 punch power to lay him flat. And I'm not sure he has the killer instinct to go in and try to stop him. And if he DOES try to finish him, I'm not sure he's got the ability.

First 12