MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    I dont know what he was thinking. Hell it usually worked for him so we camt make fun of him too much. Im curious to see how he behaves in the second outing. I wouldnt be suprised if he was scared to fight jon jones. I think jones would crush him. He is a lot bigger and a phenom wrestler.
    I'd be shocked if he were scared to fight Jones. In Silva's mind he'd probably beat Jones any way he wants to. The guy is under no illusions about how good he is. He's one of the most confident guys in MMA.

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe but he wasn't speaking like a confident fighter at the end of the fight. Don't get me wrong, nobody has accomplished the level of dominance with top competition that Silva has, but the way he fought and the way he was speaking was something that portrayed a man that really doesn't have his heart in the sport at the moment.

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    I dont know what he was thinking. Hell it usually worked for him so we camt make fun of him too much. Im curious to see how he behaves in the second outing. I wouldnt be suprised if he was scared to fight jon jones. I think jones would crush him. He is a lot bigger and a phenom wrestler.
    He has always uses a flashy defensive and somewhat showboating style bit, against Weidman it was way over the top. It looked as if he wasn't even trying to fight. Previously Silva would showboat and counter. Not at all this go around. It was more like, showboat,hit me wobble me, showboat again, knock me out. It was crazy.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I'd be shocked if he were scared to fight Jones. In Silva's mind he'd probably beat Jones any way he wants to. The guy is under no illusions about how good he is. He's one of the most confident guys in MMA.
    I'm sure Ed soares is telling him to think twice about it. Soares is at least thinking about it. Silva would probably lose to JJ. That would hurt Silvas marketability. He gets a cut of PPV revenues for his fights. If his marketability goes down then he would probably sell fewer ppv's and make less money. Of course a JJ superfight might bring in so much money that it wouldn't end up making a difference. Either way, Silva doesn't have to fight Jon because he can sit at middleweight and still make good money. I think the size difference is the reason why Silva said he would fight GSP but was hesitant to take the JJ fight. GSP is much smaller and would be a lot easier to deal with. GSP even stated he didn't want to fight Anderson Silva because of the size difference. It's not that crazy for guys at the top to think like this. I would say it's less of a fear of getting hurt by Jon Jones and more of a strategic decision. He knows which fight would be easier and they both probably pay the same. In fact I would rather see GSP vs Anderson Silva myself because I think it would be more competitive.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    He has always uses a flashy defensive and somewhat showboating style bit, against Weidman it was way over the top. It looked as if he wasn't even trying to fight. Previously Silva would showboat and counter. Not at all this go around. It was more like, showboat,hit me wobble me, showboat again, knock me out. It was crazy.
    Yeah it's interesting. He was even arguing with his corner about it. I get the impression they were pissed at him. Anderson should come out looking a lot more composed this time around. Weidman should look better as well. He has a big confidence booster and throw on top of that the title fight experience. I really want to see the rematch.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    Thanks...I appreciate you taking the time on a sports betting forum, to critique my grammar Ron Paul. I noticed the excellent use of punctuation, in your first class grammar assessment as well. Don't throw stones from a glass house.

First ... 2345