The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

"Leave the Gamblers Alone, They're not Doing Anything"

Teddy Mitchell plead guilty today. Guy reported all of his money to the IRS and even paid taxes on it. Plead guilty to laundering because he obtained the money from "illegal" activities

His wife and 1 year old son were also murdered, ironically the DA had time to build a case against him yet LE has no info on the murders Maybe their priorities are fukked up.

http://newsok.com/teddy-mitchell-son...rticle/3860307

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what a horrible story

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Unreal pally

The Kraken

It's been an interesting investigation. I've got a friend involved in the investigation and he called me about a year ago asking for info on Legends and online gambling in general I knew something was up so I created a thread warning everyone to watch their money closely. From what I know, this has grown bigger than legends and it's now a multijurisdiction investigation that has spread. I don't know what that means exactly but that's what I was told. So once again, watch your monies closely. Sounds like most here however have done the wise thing and pulled most of their money out of most online books.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

how safe is 5 deezy?

y was his wife murdered and y havent they found the murderer?

so did this guy get caught

BECAUSE he paid his taxes?

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Seems like he was booking bets at his house, not placing them. Did any of his 60 clients get any charges?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Should be a good lesson to anyone that wants to take bets

Do not keep you jack in the bank

Lease cars and homes

The Kraken

Ya, he could have done things differently and probably went under the radar. Hopefully for him, that will also buy him some leniency with sentencing. That would be fukked up to sentence him to anything extreme given that he did pay taxes on his winnings and even claimed the money as gambling winnings.

Not sure about 5 dimes BB. I dont know anything about any specific book. Only that this investigation had branched out, whatever that means. Could be specific individuals, it could be more against Mitchell or other books, I don't know.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lesson learned, if you are doing something illegal, do not pay taxes on how much you make.

just because you payoff the irs doesn't make you above the law...

burgaweddie
    burgaweddie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This guy was running bets out of his home, he should go to jail he is a MORON

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by burgaweddie View Post
    This guy was running bets out of his home, he should go to jail he is a MORON
    This was the issue, not his internet gambling. No bookie, no lawsuit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Crazy story
    I lose all the time so no worries with irs

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Just like Sam said he was booking and making $$ hosting poker games. The title "leave the gamblers alone" is a bit off. I don't think the true "gamblers" were charged.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

i know a few locals in detroit area. doing it on a website. there time will be up soon. The guys who are placing em... I told them do it offshore not with them. they won't listen. some people are just dumb.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    i know a few locals in detroit area. doing it on a website. there time will be up soon. The guys who are placing em... I told them do it offshore not with them. they won't listen. some people are just dumb.
    If you have anyone involved get them out. That fukkin thing has a time stamp on it. Fallout from earlier this year.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    If you have anyone involved get them out. That fukkin thing has a time stamp on it. Fallout from earlier this year.
    is this only in detroit or what? as long as you aren't the book you are okay no?

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    is this only in detroit or what? as long as you aren't the book you are okay no?
    whatever you got in you won't get out. Whatever you're in for will just roll down the street to the next guy.

Same players different faces. More young blood. The younger guys got little experience and shorter fuses. Fukkin marked anyway. Midwest a problem right now.

GTFO. This is a no win situation right now and is only likely to get worse. Just too hard to move money. Software all cracked and tracked. Banks lost their daddy. Pipeline leaking badly. Worst I have seen in 30 years.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i'm in cali pal. are you saying all these local books that use websites are tracked and will eventually get cracked? by whom? the irs?

so offshore books are safer?

billysink

i'm in cali pal. are you saying all these local books that use websites are tracked and will eventually get cracked? by whom? the irs?

so offshore books are safer?
    You don't have much to work with unfortunately. I don't even profess to know what is available in your neck of the woods either. Never had a nickel in that dime. But yes anyone handling medium to large volume at street level is on borrowed time here. There are just no loopholes worth the risk. The two wheeled organizations are looking at it but that will be cash and dash more likely than not.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What's going on now... is that some of these heavy hitters in the detroit area are using a website for their own ring. I'm guessing 25-35 players and one so called bookie. The ring leader... instead of calling him with plays... you do it on his website that he made. My buddy who makes plays told me... he feels more comfortable doing it this way then using any other offshore book. When my buddy told me this originally... I thought it was an April Fools Joke. He goes... I'm serious. I said have you lost your mind??? He said what difference does it make if I use a local over a website... or an offshore over a website??? I said... you have completely lost your mind.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    What's going on now... is that some of these heavy hitters in the detroit area are using a website for their own ring. I'm guessing 25-35 players and one so called bookie. The ring leader... instead of calling him with plays... you do it on his website that he made. My buddy who makes plays told me... he feels more comfortable doing it this way then using any other offshore book. When my buddy told me this originally... I thought it was an April Fools Joke. He goes... I'm serious. I said have you lost your mind??? He said what difference does it make if I use a local over a website... or an offshore over a website??? I said... you have completely lost your mind.
    Detroit has always flown under the radar with this shit as it has some of the more low key guys but times up soon rumour has it.