BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Ufc162 7/6 mma ~max wager~

Easy Cash to be had this weekend fellas!

Frankie Edgar -440
    No idea how Oliveira even comes close. Edgar by Dec.

Have a great 4th of July week!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

lots of juice pal

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what about a parlay w/ silva?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Silva might lose.

Frankie isn't. That simple.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

This is a hand fed winner for Frankie.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Easy Cash to be had this weekend fellas!

Frankie Edgar -440
    No idea how Oliveira even comes close. Edgar by Dec.

Have a great 4th of July week!

Good Luck! I've been known to lay down a max bet from time to time. I haven't lost one yet. This one is a bit too risky for me to lay down my entire bank roll. But you did get Frankie @ -440 so I can understand why you placed a max bet. Frankie will be slowing down soon, just as Gray Maynard has. Maynard is still a good fighter but getting into wars damages the nervous system which in turn slow's reaction time and effect's timing (accuracy). Frankie should win this fight. However, I'm afraid if not this fight then next fight we will see Edgar's skills incrementally diminish from fight to fight. What happened to Jon Fitch eventually happens to all fighters if they get into enough wars (both in the gym and during the actual fight). I would like to see all combat athletes get paid more. They all pay a terrible price for our entertainment.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

I almost pooped my pants thinking you maxed Weidman.
    Hope is still alive yeeee

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

hahaha

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

No. Just no.

I know you're trying to bump your winning percentage of maxibets by betting safe winnerz (you're reasoning for not parlaying is proof enough) but IMsh!ttyO this is not a wise play, regardless of outcome.

Firstly, Edgar is no cheaper than -500 at any American friendly book. How much more often than implied odds of 85+% of the time does Frankie Edgar win this? This is a (burned out?) former champ fighting in a lower weightclass with questionable confidence after 3 straight losses, someone notoriously lacking in finishing ability, and facing an opponent with 4" height/5" reach advantage with a lethal submission game.

Does Frankie win this the (vast) majority of the time? Yeah. How much more often than 85%? Probably nothing perhaps less, given the circumstances. Clear dog or pass...

I'd love to hear technical analysis by Frankie backers on why he wins this more than 85% of the time. All I hear is regurgitated lazycapping about how Frankie can't lose 4 in a row, he arguably beat 2 champs and how Oliveira folds when hit hard (which Frankie doesn't do with frequency).

Betting a combat sports fighter at -500+ in this scenario is -EV. Regardless, good luck cashing. Hopefully it comes through with flying colours because it looks square as penetrate to me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Wanna... You are off your rocker Suhn.

Frankie wins.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Wanna... You are off your rocker Suhn.

Frankie wins.
    Uhh, I said Frankie wins.

Except MMA, like Michael Jackson, isn't black or white. There are (50) shades of grey. And your wife is gonna tie you up to the bedpost and tickle your anus if Frankie poops the bed which I believe is entirely possible 15+% of the time.

High risk, trivial reward. Canine or pass hermano.

Grabaka
    Update your status

You wrotte too much mumbo jumbo....he will just answer "there no juice in a winner" and he will place the dancing banana in your face.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Canine or pass hermano.
    lol i like this phrase

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Except MMA, like Michael Jackson, isn't black or white. There are (50) shades of grey. And your wife is gonna tie you up to the bedpost and tickle your anus if Frankie poops the bed which I believe is entirely possible 15+% of the time.

lol that's standard foreplay for Bigday anyway!

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

No. Just no.

I know you're trying to bump your winning percentage of maxibets by betting safe winnerz (you're reasoning for not parlaying is proof enough) but IMsh!ttyO this is not a wise play, regardless of outcome.

Firstly, Edgar is no cheaper than -500 at any American friendly book. How much more often than implied odds of 85+% of the time does Frankie Edgar win this? This is a (burned out?) former champ fighting in a lower weightclass with questionable confidence after 3 straight losses, someone notoriously lacking in finishing ability, and facing an opponent with 4" height/5" reach advantage with a lethal submission game.

Does Frankie win this the (vast) majority of the time? Yeah. How much more often than 85%? Probably nothing perhaps less, given the circumstances. Clear dog or pass...

I'd love to hear technical analysis by Frankie backers on why he wins this more than 85% of the time. All I hear is regurgitated lazycapping about how Frankie can't lose 4 in a row, he arguably beat 2 champs and how Oliveira folds when hit hard (which Frankie doesn't do with frequency).

Betting a combat sports fighter at -500+ in this scenario is -EV. Regardless, good luck cashing. Hopefully it comes through with flying colours because it looks square as penetrate to me.
    Actually, Edgar has a 72" reach, contrary to wikipedia. Oliveira will have one inch of reach on him.

As for the match-up, I personally think Edgar wins over 90% of the time. I see value, so I'm big on Edgar. I can't disagree with much of what you're saying, though; the lazy handicapping here is almost as bad as in the Rashad vs Hendo fight (where I was very critical of people lazily picking Hendo because "Rashad lost to Nog"). However, I think you and most others are underestimating how hard Frankie hits. He's not a power puncher, but I'd say he's above average at lightweight, even moreso at featherweight, he's been fighting near-unfinishable guys for quite some time. Dropping Bendo is no easy task, either. Nor is KOing Gray Maynard. Ben Henderson hits very hard, but the last guy he finished with strikes was, what, Shane Roller I think? Your analysis is insightful as always, even though I disagree about the play being square (obviously, since I'm on the play ), but I think it doesn't do justice to Edgar to suggest that he doesn't have finishing ability. Most of that is due to fighting much bigger, technical, durable strikers. If you're not being elusive against a guy like Gray Maynard, your strategy is failing you in my opinion.

I also see value in Mike Pierce by the way. That fight is comical.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

No. Just no.

5 inch height, 1 inch reach.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Oh, and I totally forgot my dancing banana...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Actually, Edgar has a 72" reach, contrary to wikipedia. Oliveira will have one inch of reach on him.

As for the match-up, I personally think Edgar wins over 90% of the time. I see value, so I'm big on Edgar. I can't disagree with much of what you're saying, though; the lazy handicapping here is almost as bad as in the Rashad vs Hendo fight (where I was very critical of people lazily picking Hendo because "Rashad lost to Nog"). However, I think you and most others are underestimating how hard Frankie hits. He's not a power puncher, but I'd say he's above average at lightweight, even moreso at featherweight, he's been fighting near-unfinishable guys for quite some time. Dropping Bendo is no easy task, either. Nor is KOing Gray Maynard. Ben Henderson hits very hard, but the last guy he finished with strikes was, what, Shane Roller I think? Your analysis is insightful as always, even though I disagree about the play being square (obviously, since I'm on the play ), but I think it doesn't do justice to Edgar to suggest that he doesn't have finishing ability. Most of that is due to fighting much bigger, technical, durable strikers. If you're not being elusive against a guy like Gray Maynard, your strategy is failing you in my opinion.

ha yeah, it's a considerable step-down from each of the three opponents he has previously beaten! How often does that happen?!

JustinOpinion
    JustinOpinion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

Why do you think Gray has a great chin, MD?

I'm on the other side of it. I don't think Frankie has above average power and I think Gray's chin is a little suspect. I thought that before the TJ Grant fight too, and bet TJ by ko. I look for a potentially poor chin in anyone who partakes in Couture's gym wars, to be honest.

That said, I do think Frankie has enough power to finish Oliveira if he goes after it.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha yeah, it's a considerable step-down from each of the three opponents he has previously beaten! How often does that happen?!
    Whenever the UFC really wants to cut someone. How likely do you think it is that they'd cut Pierce if he lost here? I'd say -150. They cut Simpson for losing an exciting fight that he was winning until the stoppage, and he had won four of his last five before that.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JustinOpinion View Post
    Why do you think Gray has a great chin, MD?

I'm on the other side of it. I don't think Frankie has above average power and I think Gray's chin is a little suspect. I thought that before the TJ Grant fight too, and bet TJ by ko. I look for a potentially poor chin in anyone who partakes in Couture's gym wars, to be honest.

That said, I do think Frankie has enough power to finish Oliveira if he goes after it.
    I was on TJ by KO, too. Also on TJ KO of the night, and I tell the Mike Tyson story to anyone who'll listen.

Gray Maynard pretty much walks through most shots. I've never gotten the impression of a weak chin from him; even in the Grant fight, he ate some serious shots and it took a lot to put him down, same with the Edgar fight.
    Last edited by MD; 07-02-13 at 01:08 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Whenever the UFC really wants to cut someone. How likely do you think it is that they'd cut Pierce if he lost here? I'd say -150. They cut Simpson for losing an exciting fight that he was winning until the stoppage, and he had won four of his last five before that.
    Volkman was another that was winning fights. Those fights were lack luster, but those are the ones that profit rather easily imo.
    Dropped Volkman after a loss that he got caught in I believe as well.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Thanks for clarifying the reach. Shame on me for wikicapping the reach disadvantage. Edgar backers prolly changed it so I'd bet Oliveira over Frankie T-Rex. You guys are smarter than I thought.

Also, I didn't mean to dismiss Frankie's power which I agree is underestimated (I even said he doesn't do with "frequency" rather than "at all" because the little guy can surprise us like he did in R4 of Gray-Frankie III). However, his notorious style is pitter-patter boxing while moving in & out of the pocket against counterstrikers with bigger power (Gray, BJ, Aldo). He's become a master at using his speed advantage against bigger guys to score points while being light on the feet. However, against deficient strikers like Bocek & Veach, he can settle in the pocket more and unload... I readily admit that Do Bronx doesn't really fall into the power punching category although he does have respectable power in his MT (as witnessed in his war with Lentz, illegal knee or not, and his bludgeoning of Brookins on the feet).

Frankie's style is a bit of a clusterpenetrate (great word) for me to figure out in this fight which scares me away from a play. On paper he should roll through Oliveira but with several question marks on a -500 fighter, I can't endorse it personally. Good luck... hopefully you see this fight more clearly & confidently than I do.

MD

Thanks for clarifying the reach. Shame on me for wikicapping the reach disadvantage. Edgar backers prolly changed it so I'd bet Oliveira over Frankie T-Rex. You guys are smarter than I thought.

Also, I didn't mean to dismiss Frankie's power which I agree is underestimated (I even said he doesn't do with "frequency" rather than "at all" because the little guy can surprise us like he did in R4 of Gray-Frankie III). However, his notorious style is pitter-patter boxing while moving in & out of the pocket against counterstrikers with bigger power (Gray, BJ, Aldo). He's become a master at using his speed advantage against bigger guys to score points while being light on the feet. However, against deficient strikers like Bocek & Veach, he can settle in the pocket more and unload... I readily admit that Do Bronx doesn't really fall into the power punching category although he does have respectable power in his MT (as witnessed in his war with Lentz, illegal knee or not, and his bludgeoning of Brookins on the feet).

Frankie's style is a bit of a clusterpenetrate (great word) for me to figure out in this fight which scares me away from a play. On paper he should roll through Oliveira but with several question marks on a -500 fighter, I can't endorse it personally. Good luck... hopefully you see this fight more clearly & confidently than I do.
    That's exactly how I feel about it; he's light on his feet and evasive when he needs to be, but he's willing to settle down and brawl when he knows he's at an edge. Very high fight IQ, and I do think he should get the finish here. Oliveira is a decent striker in his own right, he looks like a world-beater against lesser foes, but it's pretty much pure athleticism, rather than any noticeable technique.

You on a side in the Parke/Tokudome fight?

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

That's exactly how I feel about it; he's light on his feet and evasive when he needs to be, but he's willing to settle down and brawl when he knows he's at an edge. Very high fight IQ, and I do think he should get the finish here. Oliveira is a decent striker in his own right, he looks like a world-beater against lesser foes, but it's pretty much pure athleticism, rather than any noticeable technique.

You on a side in the Parke/Tokudome fight?
    Nah. Not yet.

The lazycapper in me wants to fade Tokudome from his unimpressive affair against Marcello (in what little I couldn't erase from my brain) but I haven't put any thought or research into this fight. My pick is "Pick me" but not sure about a bet at 65% implied.

MD

Nah. Not yet.

The lazycapper in me wants to fade Tokudome from his unimpressive affair against Marcello (in what little I couldn't erase from my brain) but I haven't put any thought or research into this fight. My pick is "Pick me" but not sure about a bet at 65% implied.
    I'll PM you my thoughts.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Oh my god. Acting like you are helping us out with a pick with no value and is heavily favored.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Oh my god. Acting like you are helping us out with a pick with no value and is heavily favored.
    The point of handicapping is in finding value where other people do not.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

The point of handicapping is in finding value where other people do not.
    No value with that bet.

MD

Did you even read what I just said?

Grabaka
    Update your status

I'll PM you my thoughts.
    I have a lean here and eyeing a bet. Can you send me yours and ill send you mine as soon as i write my thoughts?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    I have a lean here and eyeing a bet. Can you send me yours and ill send you mine as soon as i write my thoughts?
    This reminds me of 5th grade
    ill show you my rooster if you show me your boobs

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Im slamming the fukker you fuk stick.

Sit n spin Motha fukk.

1234 Last