4. bulls
    5. knicks
    6. cavaliers
    7. hawks
    8. raptors

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Shocker Goat Douche falling for the big names again. He can't help himself.

Zero % chance J. Johnson still avg 18/5/5 with this team.
    They should maybe bring Pierce or Johnson off the bench for 2nd unit firepower.
    They'll be good but not championship worthy IMO.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I could have swore we had a thread similar to this last year stating that the 2012 Lakers' starting 5 is the best ever:

Kobe
    Nash
    Howard
    Gasol
    Metta World Peace

How'd that work? Midway through the season, Kobe had to guarantee that the Lakers would make the playoffs

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

The Knicks are automatically discounted as not a top 4 team which I don't understand. They very easily could have beaten Indiana and they can just as easily finish ahead of them again this year especially because their style works well in the regular season

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I like Brook, but he isn't phenomenal. Very good offensively, maybe worst rebounding big man in the league?
    Either him or Bosh

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

D-Will will go down as a top 10 PG of all time???

Just think for one second what kind of names you'd be putting him in the same sentence with...and this guy hasn't proven shit in his career, and last year just verified that. Barring a miraculous run with his new team, this guy won't touch top 10 PG of all time.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    Either him or Bosh
    Bosh has already averaged a double double 3 times in his career, and averages 8.9 rpg for his career to lopez's 7.4. hardly comparable.

Not saying Bosh isn't a pussy and he certainly was that during these playoffs.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by james4512 View Post
    The Knicks are automatically discounted as not a top 4 team which I don't understand. They very easily could have beaten Indiana and they can just as easily finish ahead of them again this year especially because their style works well in the regular season
    Dont know how you can say that, when they lost in 6 to Indiana with home court.
    Last edited by bigtymer56; 07-01-13 at 10:39 AM.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Bosh has already averaged a double double 3 times in his career, and averages 8.9 rpg for his career to lopez's 7.4. hardly comparable.

Not saying Bosh isn't a pussy and he certainly was that during these playoffs.
    Since the 6'11" Bosh came to a team where he can't hoard all the stats, he averages 7.6 per game. Fails the eye test even worse.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    cooper never started much....rambis/ac green were usually the 5th gueye
    yeah he did.

he usually guarded the opposing team's best offensive player.

just ask bird who he thought played him the toughest.

also ac green came later.
    Last edited by Ghenghis Kahn; 07-01-13 at 11:14 AM. Reason: oops you are right. he got more playing time than rambis but rambis started more games...

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

3-4 years ago maybe, not in the 2013-14 season though.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Rose, parker, rondo, Paul, all better than Deron. And Deron top 10 all time? Guy better avg 25 and 12 for the next 10 years and win 3-4 titles.

LRKontroll
    LRKontroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by james4512 View Post
    btw, signing Bargnani isnt a good start at all.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    Bob Cousy? John Havlicek? Kevin McHale? Sam Jones? Robert Parrish? Pierce right on the fringe imo of the top 10

But that is not the point of the thread, so I will agree the lineup is pretty good. But not best ever
    McHale, Jones, Parrish better than Pierce?

That's a joke, right?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Rose, parker, rondo, Paul, all better than Deron. And Deron top 10 all time? Guy better avg 25 and 12 for the next 10 years and win 3-4 titles.
    Top 10 PG of all time. No where near top 10 player. Rondo not even close imo to Deron. Rose is a product of the system. Holds the ball for 95% of shot clock. Parker can be debated.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Deron Williams is 29. That's not entering his prime. That's exiting his prime. A person's prime athletic years are probably 24-28.

KG and Pierce are no longer elite players, and KG is probably going to play like 25 minutes per game.

The Nets gave up way too much for two over the hill players. Celtics are ecstatic that they found a sucker.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    yeah if the year was 2007...

showtime lakers had the best starting 5 and they were in their prime.

abdul-jabbar
    magic
    worthy
    scott
    cooper
    Yeah that's a better starting 5 but I didn't say it's the best I said one of the best.

Cooper was always a 6th man i'm pretty sure.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Deron Williams is 29. That's not entering his prime. That's exiting his prime. A person's prime athletic years are probably 24-28.

KG and Pierce are no longer elite players, and KG is probably going to play like 25 minutes per game.

The Nets gave up way too much for two over the hill players. Celtics are ecstatic that they found a sucker.
    D Will is entering his prime. Trust me. Guy will be a double double machine next year. He'll probably lead the NBA in assists per game.

As far as Pierce and KG, people have been saying they're too old for years.

Pierce averaged 18.6 points, 6.3 boards, and 4.8 assists last year. Are you kidding me? That's not "elite" to you? Sure, he's not dropping 25 a game like he used to, but how many guys in the league even put up those numbers this year?

His efficiency rating was the same as Paul George's this year....

Top 15 in the league in scoring.

Garnett put up 15 and 8 this year and shot 50%. He's still a top 5 PF in the nba. He averaged 13 pts, 14 boards, and 3.5 assists in the playoffs, good for a 23 PER, one of the best in the playoffs.

Guy obviously still can play when it matters in the playoffs. Same with Duncan.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    D-Will will go down as a top 10 PG of all time???

Just think for one second what kind of names you'd be putting him in the same sentence with...and this guy hasn't proven shit in his career, and last year just verified that. Barring a miraculous run with his new team, this guy won't touch top 10 PG of all time.
    Top 15 maybe.

1. Johnson
    2. Big O
    3. Thomas
    4. The Glove
    5. Kidd
    6. Frazier
    7. Stockton
    8. Chris Paul
    9. Steve Nash
    10. Cousy/Kevin Johnson/someone else I'm probably forgetting.

Obviously I'm not including Allen Iverson as I consider him more of a 2. If you include Iverson than he's at number 3 or 4. This list is pretty debatable in terms of order for sure.

Chris Paul will easily climb into the top 5 list when his career is over. Guy will be better than Kidd and Payton easily.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

you people doubting this thread are penetrating retards. This team is going to win it all. they will play the spurs in 2014. I will bring this up when they do

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Ben Wallace
    Rasheed Wallace
    Tayshaun Prince
    Richard Hamilton
    Chauncey Billups

seancon121
    seancon121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

No, no and NO. The only thing this trade is going to get the nets is back to probably 4th in the east. Pacers, Bulls, Heat > Nets >Knicks/everyonelse. Yeah the knicks will still suck

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    you people doubting this thread are penetrating retards. This team is going to win it all. they will play the spurs in 2014. I will bring this up when they do
    And when they don't win it all, you will be nowhere to be found. Penetrating retard indeed.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Dont know how you can say that, when they lost in 6 to Indiana with home court.
    yeah they lost in 6 they were winning with less than 5 minutes left and game 7 was at home like i said if things went their way they could have won that series by no means was it a blow out

Goat Milk

Knicks are a good team but they are losing JR Smith and Stoudemire is still a big ?.

Don't forget this was a 1st team all nba player a few years ago. If Stout is the real Stout, yes, Knicks are definitely a contender. With him coming off the bench, Knicks have no chance to do anything. None.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    no, right now... if everyone was in their prime, it obviously would be the best starting 5 in history bar none...that's not the situation.
    One of the dumbest comments ever at SBR. Ever.

Wow.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    One of the dumbest comments ever at SBR. Ever.

Wow.
    We're not counting every team in their primes. I said if these guys were all in their primes compared to all other teams as they are/were.

Name me 1 team that would contend with this if you had a Dwill today (top 3 pg in the nba), JJ 2 years ago (top 5 SG in the NBA at the time), PP 5-6 years ago (easily the 2nd best SF in the NBA after James). Kevin Garnett, easily the best PF in the NBA when he won an MVP. A PF that averaged 6 assists per game in his prime. Nuff said. Brook Lopez not even close to his prime yet.

Who's gonna compete with that team? The 90s bulls? Please. Miami? No chance. 80s Lakers and Celtics? Nope. Shaq and Kobe? Nope. Those are pretty much the best teams of all time right there. If were only putting these guys in their prime and no one else, then it's not even a contest.

You are gonna get ruined in this argument 10 times out of 10.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Last year it was the lakers this next year the nets...give it up youre clueless when it comes to NBA its obvious.

Pirce and Garnett are way past their prime and garnett was always over rated.

But like the lakers of this past year they have zero bench.

wantitall4moi

How many hall of famers on the 1986 and 1987 celtics? or the 1984 and 1985 Lakers? Not to mention the other few years following those years.

youre a frigging idiot.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    How many hall of famers on the 1986 and 1987 celtics? or the 1984 and 1985 Lakers? Not to mention the other few years following those years.

youre a frigging idiot.
    I didn't say the team is better than those teams. I said if everyone on Nets were in their primes and everyone else stayed as they are/were. Give me a lineup and let's diagnose it. It'll be fun.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i actually kinda like this team. dont think this is gona be like the dysfunctional bunch in la, the pieces fit together, still arent better then miami though, kidd would be smart to limit garnett n pierce minutes during the regular season.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

We're not counting every team in their primes. I said if these guys were all in their primes compared to all other teams as they are/were.
    So let me get this straight: your thread says "the Nets are one of the best starting 5's in NBA history," then someone asked if you mean now or if they were in their primes and you responded "no, right now," and now you're saying "I said if these guys were all in their primes compared to all other teams as they are/were." What?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    So let me get this straight: your thread says "the Nets are one of the best starting 5's in NBA history," then someone asked if you mean now or if they were in their primes and you responded "no, right now," and now you're saying "I said if these guys were all in their primes compared to all other teams as they are/were." What?
    They're one of the best starting 5s now. We were doing hypotheticals. And I said if everyone were in their primes when this team formed and then they would easily be the best starting 5 ever bar none. as of now, they're one OF the best. Not that complicated to understand... And that doesn't mean I think they're gonna beat MIami either. But if Wade/Bosh/Bron goes down during the year, Miami won't beat this team without one of their big 3.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Oh my fukking god.

Unreal. Truly.

You're talking, theoretically, if everyone was in their prime?
    no, right now... if everyone was in their prime, it obviously would be the best starting 5 in history bar none...that's not the situation.
    So right now, in their current form, they are one of the best starting fives in NBA history.

I take back my "one of the dumbest" comments -- this is the dumbest comment I've ever seen at SBR.

wantitall4moi

you said they were one of the best starting 5s in NBA history, I picked 4 random years from memory and if you looked at BOTH teams in those 4 finals you would have a better starting 5 I am sure, although Houston would be borderline but had a couple HoFers on it.

lakers and Celtics match ups had 8 or 9 HoFers on the floor at any given time....

Bird, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Parish, Johnson, Mcadoo, Mchale, Walton, Jamaal Wilkes. Not to mention guys like Ainge, cornbread maxwell, michael cooper, Rambis, and you could even throw Scott Wedman in there, although he is sort of a punchline to some. I also probably missed a few because there were so many.

First 12345 ... Last