BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

Missing a Payment to your Bookie.....?

Was just wondering.....

If you were to miss a payment with your bookie...

1.) How much interest (or if there is another word for it) would a book tack on each day a payment is not paid.
    2.) How many days until its not about the money anymore, its time to break the guys legs?
    3.) Whats the most effective way to make a guy pay (non physical)
    4.) Basically what are a bookies guidelines to the payment process? (Meet every Tuesday, collect, pay, etc.....)

Just wondering how it works, as most of us I know use offshore sites, rather than real books......

(Couldn't find where to post this so sorry if its cluttering the NFL threads)

BoutDemCowboys

Nobody...... NOthing?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

They are all different I imagine and a lot of it depends on how much they know or trust you. Never been late but been a little light a couple times and my guy knows I'm good for it and does not tax me additional while still letting me play. We settle on Fridays and I asked him once if he has ever been stiffed big or had to go after someone. He said they have been a few times but the leg breaker thing is not there style. Only once did they hire someone to track a deadbeat down who racked up around $20,000 with them. Why you deep in the mudd or something?

BoutDemCowboys

No sir... I pay my debts when my debts are due! Just wondering as a buddy of mine is thinking about taking action from others. Trying to gain some info on the whole gig. I'd imagine it gets dicey from time to time.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah I can imagine it would you are running an illegal service and dealing with degenerate gamblers at times. Obviously if they wanted to stiff the book and tell him to fukk off then what can he do run to the cops? No he has to take matters into his own hands or hire it out. Never been on the flip side of this business and don't think I would want to be either just too many head aches I would think.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

First, it's not like the movies. In my neck of the woods, if you don't pay, they just won't let you bet. That's usually the worst punishment for a gambler. I am sure there are exceptions, depending on who you deal with.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

I used to take action. Got stiffed by a few guys. Theres not much I could do other than cut them off. Guy above is right. Most guys will pay b/c if they get the reputation of being a stiff they wont get down with anybody. The key is to not let anyone get out of control.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Just stiff

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pinnacle420

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10304

payment plans is the best advice i think, a buck a week ...etc... from what ive heard for the most part they dont care as long as they are getting something, they know people get in trouble or play over their heads

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10214

All locals get stiffed at one time or
    another. (Especially in this economy.)
    You have to know your clientele but
    it will happen.
    Depends on the amount of money you're
    talking about.
    Some books have persuasive collectors...most do not.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

depend on the shark.. here ive been with my local for 10 years good relationship.. every Friday we pay or collect... I have never stiffed him because he has a jar with fingers in it.. would rather not ask him who or where the jar car from.. I prefer all 5 fingers.. simple rule: DONT BET WHAT YOU CANT PAY!!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle420 View Post
    depend on the shark.. here ive been with my local for 10 years good relationship.. every Friday we pay or collect... I have never stiffed him because he has a jar with fingers in it.. would rather not ask him who or where the jar car from.. I prefer all 5 fingers.. simple rule: DONT BET WHAT YOU CANT PAY!!
    c'mon pal. don't be a pussy. you don't need all 5 fingers to have a normal life.

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

depends on the figure, if it's small then roll it over another week, keep a balance until it gets high enough. some prefer to square up every week no matter what, sometimes that's not necessary IMO

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Sweep sits em on a car with a few fat guys who proceed to get you're address

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    c'mon pal. don't be a pussy. you don't need all 5 fingers to have a normal life.
    hahaha

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

If your mate wants to do I make sure you have separate social circles that would be the biggest factor in my opinion.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i was late once guy understood, had been a big losing streak around a year back.just said pay me when you get it, leg breaking isnt feasible most of the time.