reallytho
    reallytho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Listen, let me explain something to you guys about pop decision about Duncan.

The reason why Duncan came out of the game on the leonard free throw was because if Leonard missed, Duncan is easily the slowest guy running back to the other side of the floor, which would have basically given Miami a free bucket had James or Wade gotten the rebound and pushed it. Alternatively, if Leonard made the free throw, there was definitely going to be a switch, with Bosh setting a pick.

Now think about this. How many times this series and in that game did Duncan end up on James because of a switch? Several times. And how many times did James destroy him 1 on 1? Almost everytime.

Popovic didn't rig the game reallytho, he overthought it....

What you're saying holds no weight because Miami went for a 3.... And EVEN IF they got a quick 2, the Spurs still have all their best Free Throw shooters in the game, and the heat have to foul one of them again... You cant keep going back and forth with 2's, then it's ball game.

There is no "overthinking" having Kawi in the game... Kawi shouldn't even have been in the game.. Put Duncan and your best FT shooters in the game period.

If neal is in the game, he likely hits both Free Throws (lenard missed one), and the game is over

Let me ask you this.... in game 6: Ginobli = 8 turnovers... Rest of team = 5 turnovers.

Ginobli was doing NOTHING good in the game to make up for his turnovers....

If Pop had benched Ginobli in the 2ND QUARTER when he should have, Spurs win by 15 to 20, EASY...

But... But... .Let me guess.... Pop just "over thunk" leaving in a guy that is KILLING the team right? Right?

Or wait.... Was it Loyalty? right? .... The same loyalty he showed Tim Duncan and Parker by benching them down the stretches of games right..... Right?

It's no way out bro.... No matter how hard you try.... The only logical explanation for Pop's coaching in 2 games, back to back, is rigging.
    Last edited by reallytho; 06-24-13 at 11:00 PM.

reallytho

I'll admit.. You were the first one to even TRY to make some type of counter argument....

Here, try this riddle out for size:

In Game 7.... Danny Green is KILLING the team for 3 quarters... Turnovers, uneasyness, starting 0 - 8.... no assists... bad defense.... NOTHING looked good about him... NOTHING....

Pop wouldn't pull him for 3 quarters, as I screamed at my tv for him to do...

"Oh, he's just a stubborn MFer"...

That's your only argument right? That COULD make sense... Even though this would be BEYOND stubborn... But lets roll with it...

Once green hits his first shot, and is 1-9, gets a little confidence.... *gulp*.... POP YANKS HIM IMMEDIATELY.....

When have you EVER seen this in sports? Is there an explanation for pulling Green once he hit his first shot, besides trying to prevent him from getting on fire and gaining his swagger?

The ONLY explanation is RIGGING.... But I'd love to hear you try to tell me something better.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Goat, I'm tired and don't have time to list all the mistakes Pops made but he has always had either Duncan or Splitter on the floor in that situation. Why would he have both on the bench? Okay, take out Duncan, I don't agree but I can see him doing that because he has before but he has always inserted Splitter for perimeter defense and rebounding. That's not over thinking, that's doing something contrary to what you do.

Also, you mentioned that Duncan was out in case Leonard missed the FT and he couldn't get back on defense. Well, shouldn't he be in the game in case Leonard misses so that he may be able to get the rebound?

Noone has ever answered my question about Pops having Splitter and Duncan in the game down 3 with a few seconds in OT? Who the hell does that? Is either of them 3 point shooters? WTF?? That move right there is reason to believe he was shaving???

Listen, let me explain something to you guys about pop decision about Duncan.

The reason why Duncan came out of the game on the leonard free throw was because if Leonard missed, Duncan is easily the slowest guy running back to the other side of the floor, which would have basically given Miami a free bucket had James or Wade gotten the rebound and pushed it. Alternatively, if Leonard made the free throw, there was definitely going to be a switch, with Bosh setting a pick.

Now think about this. How many times this series and in that game did Duncan end up on James because of a switch? Several times. And how many times did James destroy him 1 on 1? Almost everytime.

Popovic didn't rig the game reallytho, he overthought it....

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by reallytho View Post
    Oh, on top of that... To your dumb rebounding point, AFTER they fouled someone (ginobli, parker, green or neal), THEN pop could make ANOTHER substitution and take Duncan out if he wanted or whatever..

So this kills your entire argument. (of course your pride is hurt now, so NO WAY you come back and say "damn, yea you're right")

I'm used to the drill.
    The spurs were not up 5 with 28 seconds left AND THE BALL. They were up 4 with the ball and 30 seconds left. I was rebutting the previous guys statement that somehow says you should have your 5 best FT shooters on the floor up 5 going on defense. In that circumstance i want Leonard on the court to guard lebron. Not Neal Parker and Ginobli to guard lebron and wade. When they were up 4 yes Pop screwed up by not having Neal on the court but the guy was cold. You expect him to come off the bench and knock down 2 free throws? I think Pop did all right(on that possession the rest was horrible especially Duncan on bench). Please don't start with the coach rigging games. I'm sure if he was in on it he wouldn't of let the game get to point where only 2 miracle 3's in the last 28 seconds coupled with missing 2 outa 4 free throws would send it to overtime
    Last edited by UntilTheNDofTimE; 06-24-13 at 11:07 PM.

Mac4Lyfe

What's so crazy ReallyTHo... Several of us were in the game thread and saw this shit and all of us said that Pops had gone mad or gone rogue. We also saw bad matchups that we all said that if Pops continued with the same shit that he was suspect. I mean people in the game thread said they thought Pops was shaving but now all of a sudden he was just over thinking??? If it was anyone else, a player, a ref, another coach, making all those mistakes, we would be crucifying him right now. But because it's Pops he gets a break. That's why the more I think about it, he's the best guy to be in on a fix. No one questions it even after seeing that shit with their own eyes. Unreal.

In Game 7.... Danny Green is KILLING the team for 3 quarters... Turnovers, uneasyness, starting 0 - 8.... no assists... bad defense.... NOTHING looked good about him... NOTHING....

Pop wouldn't pull him for 3 quarters, as I screamed at my tv for him to do...

"Oh, he's just a stubborn MFer"...

Once green hits his first shot, and is 1-9, gets a little confidence.... *gulp*.... POP YANKS HIM IMMEDIATELY.....

When have you EVER seen this in sports? Is there an explanation for pulling Green once he hit his first shot, besides trying to prevent him from getting on fire and gaining his swagger?

The ONLY explanation is RIGGING.... But I'd love to hear you try to tell me something better.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What's so crazy ReallyTHo... Several of us were in the game thread and saw this shit and all of us said that Pops had gone mad or gone rogue. We also saw bad matchups that we all said that if Pops continued with the same shit that he was suspect. I mean people in the game thread said they thought Pops was shaving but now all of a sudden he was just over thinking??? If it was anyone else, a player, a ref, another coach, making all those mistakes, we would be crucifying him right now. But because it's Pops he gets a break. That's why the more I think about it, he's the best guy to be in on a fix. No one questions it even after seeing that shit with their own eyes. Unreal.
    Yes he made some very questionable substitutions at end of game 6. What killed me is taking Diaw out to put Ginobli back in towards the end of the gmae when diaw was playing so well. This might have also been game 7. They kinda molded together for me.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Guys you can't be serious of Popovich fixing the series? LOL that is fukkin absurd. Are you gonna say he instructed Duncan to miss that layup down 2 in game 7? You know Duncan was ready to cry at the podium after, right?

Your saying he fixed it, or was ordered to, and that fix all depended on Lebron bricking that 3, Bosh getting the rebound, then Allen getting it and nailing that 3, when there were literally 3-4 guys that COLLAPSED on Allen like I've never seen before.

Then to top it all off, Spurs had the ball down 1 with about 10 seconds left to go and Ginobli turned the ball over and Pop was FURIOUS. Chucked his board and everything.

You guys are really delusional if you think possibly the best coach in NBA history rigged a series that all depended on if one guy made a shot that he bricks 80 times out of 100 with 4 guys guarding him and 4 seconds left in the game.

Sounds like great logic to me.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Guys you can't be serious of Popovich fixing the series? LOL that is fukkin absurd. Are you gonna say he instructed Duncan to miss that layup down 2 in game 7? You know Duncan was ready to cry at the podium after, right?

Your saying he fixed it, or was ordered to, and that fix all depended on Lebron bricking that 3, Bosh getting the rebound, then Allen getting it and nailing that 3, when there were literally 3-4 guys that COLLAPSED on Allen like I've never seen before.

Then to top it all off, Spurs had the ball down 1 with about 10 seconds left to go and Ginobli turned the ball over and Pop was FURIOUS. Chucked his board and everything.

You guys are really delusional if you think possibly the best coach in NBA history rigged a series that all depended on if one guy made a shot that he bricks 80 times out of 100 with 4 guys guarding him and 4 seconds left in the game.

+1,,,

Mac4Lyfe

NDofTime - I meant to say he should have had his best FT shooters in the game up 4 with the ball and 30 seconds. My bad.

He should have had his best FT shooters in the game. Miami had to foul. Once they foul and put a good shooter on the line, THEN you substitute and put in your defense. Then you can put Leonard in to guard Lebron. Makes sense?

How do you explain that mistake? Then not having Duncan or Splitter in the game TWICE. Then not telling your guys to foul if the Heat got the rebound, twice? Then not even setting up a decent play before OT? Then in OT, horrible lineups again, Parker sitting on the bench? Ginobli still turning the ball over? I count 9 mistakes in that short span of time? Is Pops really that incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    The spurs were not up 5 with 28 seconds left AND THE BALL. They were up 4 with the ball and 30 seconds left. I was rebutting the previous guys statement that somehow says you should have your 5 best FT shooters on the floor up 5 going on defense. In that circumstance i want Leonard on the court to guard lebron. Not Neal Parker and Ginobli to guard lebron and wade. When they were up 4 yes Pop screwed up by not having Neal on the court but the guy was cold. You expect him to come off the bench and knock down 2 free throws? I think Pop did all right(on that possession the rest was horrible especially Duncan on bench). Please don't start with the coach rigging games. I'm sure if he was in on it he wouldn't of let the game get to point where only 2 miracle 3's in the last 28 seconds coupled with missing 2 outa 4 free throws would send it to overtime

reallytho

Exactly.. Pop even tried to become a member of the CIA at one point I believe... This shit is in his blood, naturally.

Lol, the fact these guys act like its IMPOSSIBLE is amusing at this point.... If these guys were security guards, pop could walk in a bank / grocery store combo with a AK-47, steal 10 HUGE bags of money, walk out... And they'd walk up to him and say, "can I help you with those groceries sir???"

That's what this is right now.... They won't cave NO MATTER WHAT, because it's Pop.

reallytho

Why did you try so hard to explain the rebounding argument, but refuse to explain leaving in Ginobli and the Green situation?

You do understand that I'm HIGHLY intelligent, and can see you want to avoid addressing those 2 points, right?

reallytho

The fact that this guy just said, "How did duncan miss a layup in game 7 if Pop is fixing???" .... Jeez

how old are you dudes? Seriously...

List your age before arguing with me, so I can know if it's even worth it......

DUNCAN WASN'T TRYING TO FIX THE GAME.... POP WAS..... SO WHAT THE F*CK DOES DUNCAN'S LAYUP HAVE TO DO WITH WHAT POP IS DOING?

See... If you guys were the Spurs coach (saying bafflling, simple minded shit like this)... I wouldn't suspect you of fixing... Because I can see you're just not their mentally....

But I know Pop is highly intelligent... This is why I know he fixed

UntilTheNDofTimE

NDofTime - I meant to say he should have had his best FT shooters in the game up 4 with the ball and 30 seconds. My bad.

He should have had his best FT shooters in the game. Miami had to foul. Once they foul and put a good shooter on the line, THEN you substitute and put in your defense. Then you can put Leonard in to guard Lebron. Makes sense?

If i recall spurs had no timeouts left. Miami Just scored a 3 pointer that cut the lead down to 2 point. They got fouled which was first in last 2 minutes and took out Diaw but did not take out Leonard. I guess you can say this is a mistake here and i wont argue that.

How do you explain that mistake? Then not having Duncan or Splitter in the game TWICE.

Horrible by Pop

Then not telling your guys to foul if the Heat got the rebound, twice?
    Its subjective to foul on the first rebound. 20 seconds left it's a little soon and Pop never fouls up 3, much less up 5. On the second rebound bosh rebounded with 7 seconds left there should have been a foul but how do you know pop didn't instruct this and was not executed by the players? Bosh got the rebounded and got it out to Allen in less than a second. If it was stated in the press conference, which i didn't watch, then excuse me here.

Then not even setting up a decent play before OT?
    They had no timeouts to advance ball. This is why Pop was so furious when they reviewed the 3 pointer to see if it was good. Duncan had the awareness to get the ball and try to throw it to Ginobli up court as soon as allen made the 3 pointer. If you noticed Joey Crawford was jumping on his toes and took the ball away from Duncan. They needed to run ball from baseline to baseline in 5 seconds and get a shot. The best play was giving it to Parker nad letting him get a shot off which he failed to do.

Then in OT, horrible lineups again, Parker sitting on the bench? Ginobli still turning the ball over? I count 9 mistakes in that short span of time? Is Pops really that incompetent?
    Pretty horrible but rigging i think not.

Mac4Lyfe

Goat - how does anyone fix a game/contest? Who has more control at fixing a game, players, coaches, refs, commish? When someone fixes a game, they can't control every aspect of the game, they can only control small portions which add up to small percentages that will favor the other team. We may never know why/what the fix was. Maybe Pops had a huge prop bet on how many minutes Green and Ginobli would play? Maybe he had a huge bet to send a game to overtime. Maybe Stern promoted an overtime. I'm throwing out a bunch of bullshit but it is plausible. Google rigged games and all you see are NBA posts. I wonder why? I am not alone in thinking the NBA is like the WWE.

I use to think refs had more control in fixing, then I use to think players. After watching these last 2 games, I'm convinced it's the coach. Say what you want, EVERY move Pops made in these last 2 games was a disaster. Do you really think he's a horseshit coach that over thought. I'm not buying it. You say he couldn't possibly fix a game and it end up being so close? Well that's why you fix games. So that when it is close, you can have someone come in and play/coach like shit. Pops did a great job of that.

I don't recall Pops being furious when Ginobli turned the ball over? He looked like he could care less to me. I sure saw him tonguing Wade and Lebron.

I ask once again. Why did Pops have Splitter and Duncan both in the game in game 6 with a few seconds to go down 3? And please don't tell me they were in to set picks. Hell, my grandma could set a pick and she's a better 3 point shooter than either of those guys.

Mac4Lyfe

Down 3 and Pops has Duncan and Splitter in the game? Come on man?

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Pretty horrible but rigging i think not........................

Goat Milk

Goat - how does anyone fix a game/contest? Who has more control at fixing a game, players, coaches, refs, commish? When someone fixes a game, they can't control every aspect of the game, they can only control small portions which add up to small percentages that will favor the other team. We may never know why/what the fix was. Maybe Pops had a huge prop bet on how many minutes Green and Ginobli would play? Maybe he had a huge bet to send a game to overtime. Maybe Stern promoted an overtime. I'm throwing out a bunch of bullshit but it is plausible. Google rigged games and all you see are NBA posts. I wonder why? I am not alone in thinking the NBA is like the WWE.

I use to think refs had more control in fixing, then I use to think players. After watching these last 2 games, I'm convinced it's the coach. Say what you want, EVERY move Pops made in these last 2 games was a disaster. Do you really think he's a horseshit coach that over thought. I'm not buying it. You say he couldn't possibly fix a game and it end up being so close? Well that's why you fix games. So that when it is close, you can have someone come in and play/coach like shit. Pops did a great job of that.

I don't recall Pops being furious when Ginobli turned the ball over? He looked like he could care less to me. I sure saw him tonguing Wade and Lebron.

I ask once again. Why did Pops have Splitter and Duncan both in the game in game 6 with a few seconds to go down 3? And please don't tell me they were in to set picks. Hell, my grandma could set a pick and she's a better 3 point shooter than either of those guys.
    That's exactly why they were in the game. To set a hard screen. You know why? Pop doesn't like to have many options out of a T.O. especially for 3, his number one option ALL SEASON has been Danny Green. In every key situation. Go back and watch gm 6. Pop was all over the refs for not getting the foul on Ginobli. Pop congratulated Wade and James, big deal. He knew them from team USA. They know each other well. All 3 are hall of famers. Pop is a class act.

I don't like getting in these foolish arguments with you dude. The game wasn't even close to rigged. If it was, it would have been over a long time ago. SA shot more free throws in nearly every game, including game 6 and 7 I believe...

If Pop really wanted to rig a game he woulda put Tmac, Matt Bonner, and Diaw in the game at the same time.

reallytho

Mac.... They have a barrier up...

Right now, they are in defense mode for some odd reason... Id be like if we are trying to tell them their wife of 30 years was born a man... they are panicking and thinking of any reason NOT to believe it, instead of being open to the truth.

Like you said, final play of the Game... NEED A 3 POINT SHOT... 1.9 seconds left... And he only has 2 players on the court with a 3pt % higher than 30%?

Damn, I wish I could dig up some facts.....

I GUARANTEE YOU.... In the HISTORY OF THE NBA.... There has NEVER BEEN ONE SITUATION..... With 3 seconds or less left in the game, and a team down by 3 points...

I GUARANTEE, FACTUALLY..... A coach has never had TWO GUYS in the game, with a 3point% less than 30%....

1 guy? Maybe.... Still not too smart... Because they don't have to guard him as you NEED a 3....

2 guys? Seriously? This shrinks your chances of hitting a 3 from 100% down to 60% because you only have 3 players that can shoot 3's instead of 5.

But yea.... I'm sure he "over thought" this one too

reallytho

That's exactly why they were in the game. To set a hard screen. You know why? Pop doesn't like to have many options out of a T.O. especially for 3, his number one option ALL SEASON has been Danny Green. In every key situation. Go back and watch gm 6. Pop was all over the refs for not getting the foul on Ginobli. Pop congratulated Wade and James, big deal. He knew them from team USA. They know each other well. All 3 are hall of famers. Pop is a class act.

I don't like getting in these foolish arguments with you dude. The game wasn't even close to rigged. If it was, it would have been over a long time ago. SA shot more free throws in nearly every game, including game 6 and 7 I believe...

If Pop really wanted to rig a game he woulda put Tmac, Matt Bonner, and Diaw in the game at the same time.

And he still ignores leaving in green / ginobli as they throw game 6 and 7 away.

You only respond to points you want to. You're corny as f*ck. Give it up.

Mac4Lyfe

Now that shit is funny...

But it's amazing how EVERYONE questioned all the mistakes Pops made. EVERYONE... Including the announcers, media, fans. EVERYONE. I found no one that could excuse his decisions in these last 2 games BUT because he's Pops, he's untouchable. He's the Johnnie Cochran of coaching. The glove don't fit...

Lol, the fact these guys act like its IMPOSSIBLE is amusing at this point.... If these guys were security guards, pop could walk in a bank / grocery store combo with a AK-47, steal 10 HUGE bags of money, walk out... And they'd walk up to him and say, "can I help you with those groceries sir???"

That's what this is right now.... They won't cave NO MATTER WHAT, because it's Pop.

Goat Milk

What you're saying holds no weight because Miami went for a 3.... And EVEN IF they got a quick 2, the Spurs still have all their best Free Throw shooters in the game, and the heat have to foul one of them again... You cant keep going back and forth with 2's, then it's ball game.

There is no "overthinking" having Kawi in the game... Kawi shouldn't even have been in the game.. Put Duncan and your best FT shooters in the game period.

If neal is in the game, he likely hits both Free Throws (lenard missed one), and the game is over

Let me ask you this.... in game 6: Ginobli = 8 turnovers... Rest of team = 5 turnovers.

Ginobli was doing NOTHING good in the game to make up for his turnovers....

If Pop had benched Ginobli in the 2ND QUARTER when he should have, Spurs win by 15 to 20, EASY...

But... But... .Let me guess.... Pop just "over thunk" leaving in a guy that is KILLING the team right? Right?

Or wait.... Was it Loyalty? right? .... The same loyalty he showed Tim Duncan and Parker by benching them down the stretches of games right..... Right?

It's no way out bro.... No matter how hard you try.... The only logical explanation for Pop's coaching in 2 games, back to back, is rigging.
    Dude Ginobli was in the game because the guy is a PROVEN clutch player throughout his career. In the GS game earlier in the playoffs, the guy was playing AWFUL. Burying the team. T.O.s, wide open missed 3. 3 seconds to go. Ginobli for 3, for the win, or tie? Got it...Spurs win the game....

Ginobli is and has been the Spurs most clutch player for the past decade FYI...

Green was in the game for defensive purposes. Go watch the game. Wade took Gary Neil in the post 2 consecutive plays and Miami scored on both plays then I believe Pop took him out of the game....

You don't look at the details, you just look at the offensive side of the ball. Gary Neil cannot and will never be able to guard Wade, and no one else can on the Spurs besides Leonard and Green, and that was evidenced all series long...

Thanks.

reallytho

And if OJ REALLY WANTED to Kill Nicole, he would have shot her in the head in front of a Police station...

You do understand, you can't be OBVIOUS right?

You've proven yourself as an idiot kid. This is why nothing gets through to you. Go to bed.

Goat Milk

You're corny as f*ck. Give it up.
    K. The best coach in NBA history rigged the NBA finals up 5 with 28 seconds left from hosting a championship trophy.

Simple rig job.

Goat Milk

And if OJ REALLY WANTED to Kill Nicole, he would have shot her in the head in front of a Police station...

You do understand, you can't be OBVIOUS right?

You've proven yourself as an idiot kid. This is why nothing gets through to you. Go to bed.
    An idiot kid? lol I'm a legend on this forum pal. Go read my writeups for any of these games in the finals and note how 75% of them were pinpoint accurate. I diagnose plays and give ppl here an insight into coaches schemes and matchup analysis -- things that the average viewer or even espn analyst would never consider. Before the games, mind you...

reallytho

*No Longer Responding to Goat*

He OBVIOUSLY has an agenda... Moving along.

You know something funny Mac? I wish there WAS a HIGHLY intelligent dude on these boards... That could come explain every single bullshit move Pop made, give SOME TYPE OF common sense to it, so I could continue watching basketball.... There is NOTHING I would love more than that.....

But everyone who responds to us, they pick and choose points to respond to.... When they do respond to certain points, they sound like complete fools.... it's crazy.

But I know no one can come up with a more realistic reason than rigging.

Honestly, the Danny Green Move (leaving him in when he's TERRIBLE, pulling him when he hits his FIRST SHOT), was the smoking gun.... If pop DIDN'T DO THIS, I would HIGHLY SUSPECT him of rigging, but would not say it's a FACT.

This move was the baffling one, and the ultimate smoking gun.................................. (Oh hell who am I kidding, he did so much ****** up shit its a lot of smoking guns.. but this was the biggest)

Mac4Lyfe

When have you ever seen him do this before? When have you ever seen any coach do this? Even a coach in middle school knows when you need a 3 you put in 3 point shooters? Bonner can set a hard screen too, plus he can shoot 3's. Diaw can set hard picks and also hit 3's. Duncan? Splitter? Are you honestly buying that? You need a 3 so you put in your worst? You need a rebound a few minutes earlier so you take out your best rebounders? Man, this shit was foul.

and we are not arguing. I'm thick skinned. We are simply trying to explain what we all saw. You don't think it was rigged but think about the moves? When have you ever seen Pops do that shit? How long have we seen Pops coach? Can you honestly say that this was normal moves by Pops? Why did he suddenly go stupid? I'd buy he had a brain tumor more than he is incompetent? It doesn't make sense. You guys are taking up for something that doesn't make sense.

Goat Milk

Honestly Mac I think Pop made a lot of bad moves. But saying it was rigged is just annoying and you know it. Your saying the best coach in maybe all of sports rigged the championship. It's annoying to hear and it's unfair to Spurs fans and to the organization/players.

Pop knew exactly that he was gonna get the shot he wanted. He actually drew up a phenomenal play for Green on a flair back to the corner and Bosh read it. That was a phenomenal play call. And if I remember right, didn't splitter set the screen on Battier or someone that got Green wide open to the corner?

Don't forget, Duncan was in the game because he is the Spurs best inbound passer. Pop needed a big guy to set the screen. Who else could have made that pass besides maybe Ginobli on the Spurs? No one....

Goat Milk

*No Longer Responding to Goat*

He OBVIOUSLY has an agenda... Moving along.

You know something funny Mac? I wish there WAS a HIGHLY intelligent dude on these boards... That could come explain every single bullshit move Pop made, give SOME TYPE OF common sense to it, so I could continue watching basketball.... There is NOTHING I would love more than that.....

But everyone who responds to us, they pick and choose points to respond to.... When they do respond to certain points, they sound like complete fools.... it's crazy.

But I know no one can come up with a more realistic reason than rigging.

Honestly, the Danny Green Move (leaving him in when he's TERRIBLE, pulling him when he hits his FIRST SHOT), was the smoking gun.... If pop DIDN'T DO THIS, I would HIGHLY SUSPECT him of rigging, but would not say it's a FACT.

This move was the baffling one, and the ultimate smoking gun.................................. (Oh hell who am I kidding, he did so much ****** up shit its a lot of smoking guns.. but this was the biggest)
    "When you're a shooter and you have to guard Wade and James for a 7 game series, it weighs on your legs. Green and Leonard have guarded these guys all series long with a few other guys to give the two stars some different looks, but when game 6 and 7 come around, you lose the lift in your legs and your jumper is not gonna keep falling. And what happens when that jumper doesn't fall? Long rebounds. And what happens with long rebounds? Easy fast break points. And who's the best fast break team in the NBA? Thanks.

Pop is all out of adjustments he can make. He's been winning these games on the hands of average players such as Green and Neil. That won't continue. Trust me, that won't continue, which leaves a lot to fall on the shoulders of Timmy D and Parker. You can beat the heat with good ball movement and shooting but in the end the guys making the shots are average overall nba players. That success won't continue when you smother them, which the Heat will do the next few games.

I expect MIA to win both of these games. One of them will be close no doubt. But I just don't see the Spurs with enough left in the tank to win 1 out of these next 2 at miami."

That's what I wrote before game 6. That's not even technical stuff. That's the lightweight stuff. Never question me. Do you understand?

Mac4Lyfe

I just listed 9 errors Pops made with 30 seconds left. Pops sure did his job well... I would have never believed it if I didn't see it for myself. Even Heat fans that left the building couldn't believe the outcome. The NBA crew were wheeling the trophy and taping off the court. What do you think the odds are of losing a game in that spot?

K. The best coach in NBA history rigged the NBA finals up 5 with 28 seconds left from hosting a championship trophy.

Simple rig job.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

An idiot kid? lol I'm a legend on this forum pal.

reallytho

Dude Ginobli was in the game because the guy is a PROVEN clutch player throughout his career. In the GS game earlier in the playoffs, the guy was playing AWFUL. Burying the team. T.O.s, wide open missed 3. 3 seconds to go. Ginobli for 3, for the win, or tie? Got it...Spurs win the game....

Ginobli is and has been the Spurs most clutch player for the past decade FYI...

Green was in the game for defensive purposes. Go watch the game. Wade took Gary Neil in the post 2 consecutive plays and Miami scored on both plays then I believe Pop took him out of the game....

You don't look at the details, you just look at the offensive side of the ball. Gary Neil cannot and will never be able to guard Wade, and no one else can on the Spurs besides Leonard and Green, and that was evidenced all series long...

Thanks.

The Spurs were getting BLOWN OUT in the Game vs Golden State... It was an OBVIOUS LOSS..... So leaving in Ginobli to possibly help create some MIRACLE isn't the most RETARDED thing in the world, because you have NOTHING TO LOSE down 18....

In game 6, the Spurs had 1000% control of the game... And Ginobli killed their momentum with every turnover... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 turnovers to 5 for the team.

I don't even have to tell you to look it up, I know for a FACT Ginobli didn't have almost 3x his teams turnovers in the Game vs Goldenstate...

As far as Green, he was not doing ANYTHING defensively or offensively... So to say Pop left him in for defensive purposes is hilarious... ANYBODY should have been in the Game instead of Green at that point. (and I see you still didn't explain him taking Green out ONLY after he hit his first 3 pointer.. but its ok... I see you're indenial like nothing I've ever seen before)

So, Nice try.... But your argument fails.

reallytho

Ahhh hell... I looked it up:

Ginobli Vs Goldenstate in comeback: 4 Turnovers .... Team 10 ... So he had 40% of his teams turnovers

Ginobli VS Heat... Game 6: 8 turnovers... Team 5 ..... So he had 160% of his teams turnovers.

Again, nice try, but you'll NEVER win this argument with me.

Just say Pop fixed and go to bed.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol. this rigging thing is ridiculous. the 'better' explanation that you seek is that the Heat championship disturbs you to the point of irrational denial.*

look at what your mind has manufactured:

If Allen misses the three-pointer?
    are you then conjuring up any notions of 'rigging'?

why would Pop get himself into a position where he was 5 pts up with 28 secs. to go..
    if he has already arranged to throw the game?*

he anticipated another series of events, where a faster defense would yield a better result..

reallytho

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    lol. this rigging thing is ridiculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sox_Scandal

I agree.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Regardless of who was at fault it was the biggest collapse in Professional Sports Championship History. The Heat are 100% lucky. IMO they should be ashamed of themselves that it came down to what it came down to with all of the talent that they have.

reallytho

"The Black Sox Scandal took place during the play of Major League Baseball's 1919 World Series. The Chicago White Sox lost the series to the Cincinnati Reds, and eight White Sox players were later accused of intentionally losing games in exchange for money from gamblers. The players were acquitted in court, but nevertheless, they were all banned for life from organized baseball."

First 12345 Last