I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i would hate to be his twin brother.

everyone's gonna think he's gay.

kushkhronicles
    kushkhronicles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

out of curiosity, how will that hold up in the locker room?

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

elite female athletes have been publicly lesbian for decades

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/29/jason-...et-homophobic/

... Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace!!

Just HOURS after NBA player Jason Collins announced he's gay, 26-year-old Wallace took right to Twitter to provide the first ignorant comment.

“All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH (shakin' my head) …”

30 minutes later, Wallace deleted his tweet and replaced it with a half-assed explanation:

"Never said anything was right or wrong I just said I don't understand!! Deeply sorry for anyone that I offended."

Fun Fact -- Dolphins are one of the few animals that engage in gay sex!

---------------------------------

I/O

Title of story should be......

"Only black in all of professional sports with no illegitimate children"

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    How is our society doomed from accepting gay people? Maybe we shouldn't accept people with brown hair. Or people who's first name begins with the letter C. Sexual orientation is just one of the many qualities that makes up a person. They are not "gay people" they are people. I don't know how you lump gay people with "livestock fondlers" and other groups. 2 consenting adults doing stuff in the privacy of their homes isn't anyone's business. Even if gay people being in a relationship grosses you out, it isn't like they are having sex on the court. Maybe gay people look different and you can tell they are gay. Even if they look different, who cares? I used to have anti-gay attitudes myself, but one of my good friends knows a gay person and my opinions changed after meeting him. He wasn't a weirdo, just a nice person I respect. I'm sure if you met a normal gay person, you would realize they are just like anyone else.
    i have no opinion on this issue, but this post is ridiculous.

'i was anti gay until i met a really nice gay person --> he was friends with my good friend --> you shouldn't be anti gay'. give me a break. almost unbelievable.

and again, i have no opinion on the issue. but to give you a response to something you said:

"Sexual orientation is just one of the many qualities that makes up a person. They are not "gay people" they are people. I don't know how you lump gay people with "livestock fondlers" and other groups."

the one difference is that a man and a woman can procreate another human being, which imo is basic human instinct at its core. all of the things, however absurd, the other person suggested cannot.

carry on

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    Used to think the same thing. They are a little over the top and in your face. Why isn't there straight pride parades? Turns out many gay people themselves have low self esteems. They hate themselves for being gay and view it as wrong because of the society we live in. They turn to drugs, suffer depression, even commit suicide for negative feelings regarding their sexuality.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth

Gay pride is a way of trying to combat negative inwards feelings among gays. If gays were accepted completely, pride parades wouldn't be necessary. It is similar to black pride in the sense that "who i am is nothing to be ashamed about, but something to celebrate." Not all gay people participate in parades or love will and grace. You should not associate all gay people with flamboyant pride parades. It isnt like there is a unified gay group which is a single entity. Blame the networks for having too many gay characters, not gay people.
    i see your point about the pride aspect, makes sense...I suppose when you are oppressed, celebrating can be an outlet for people to be comfortable with themselves...I guess I see it as such a non issue (i dont care if some people are gay) that I dont understand what gay people are subjected to emotionally...and I know gay people arent pushing the shows (which is why im suspicious as to why so many)

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    Dazzle me with big words arts major...
    nice deflection...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I like how the media spins anyone with a different opinion than theirs as "ignorant"

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    The thing is no one really cares about women's sports.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I like how the media spins anyone with a different opinion than theirs as "ignorant"
    ironically, this is an ignorant statement.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who gives a fuk? 1/9 people are gay . I learned that in health class in hs. You got I/O in this thread. He's a homosexual. So what? Let them live their lives.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

How do you guys think ESPN and the rest of the media will react to the next player that comes out? I can't see this much attention, but I can't see it "sliding by" either.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    Who gives a fuk? 1/9 people are gay . I learned that in health class in hs. You got I/O in this thread. He's a homosexual. So what? Let them live their lives.
    Nothing like ignorance.

3% (3.8) of the population is gay. Get your facts straight.

Post a winning play in this, a gambling forum, when you find the time genius.

Thanks for the props

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

[QUOTE=I/O;18546968]Nothing like ignorance.

3% (3.8) of the population is gay. Get your facts straight.

Post a winning play in this, a gambling forum, when you find the time genius.

Just joking around boss. But seriously the percentage is quite unknown . Lots of people hide it or repress it. 3% is the figure most have come up with but 3-9% is not completely off if you count the ones that haven't come out.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    i have no opinion on this issue, but this post is ridiculous.

'i was anti gay until i met a really nice gay person --> he was friends with my good friend --> you shouldn't be anti gay'. give me a break. almost unbelievable.

and again, i have no opinion on the issue. but to give you a response to something you said:

"Sexual orientation is just one of the many qualities that makes up a person. They are not "gay people" they are people. I don't know how you lump gay people with "livestock fondlers" and other groups."

the one difference is that a man and a woman can procreate another human being, which imo is basic human instinct at its core. all of the things, however absurd, the other person suggested cannot.

carry on
    Didn't mean to make it seem like I was anti-gay and then magically changed after I met a nice gay person. I didn't exactly hate gay people before, but didn't accept them completely either and had certain negative attitudes attributed towards them. I was an immature teenager and my attitudes have changed over the years. Meeting an actual person who was gay reaffirmed the notion that they are just another human, and it was part of a process not the only cause of my change of mind. I advocate accepting gay people for rational reasons. I shared my story to show that a straight person's attitudes can change towards others with different sexualities. I used to always say "I have no opinion" whenever a discussion about gays would come up.

I understand your notion of sex between a man and a woman for procreation. Do you have views against premarital sex then or sex with contraceptives between a married man and a woman? Should women who become infertile never have sex? I come from a religious background and schooling and have heard from many different perspectives. There is also a notion of a healthy human being. Having sex for reasons other than procreation seems to be part of a normal human's well being. It is part of a normal healthy relationship, whether it be between 2 men or a man and a woman. For a gay person who wants to have an emotional, meaningful relationship, sex seems like a basic human instinct. If a man and a woman can have a loving relationship, why can't 2 men or 2 women? Should women stop having sex after menopause?

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Who the fuuck cares if someone is gay or not, let them do what they want with their lives.

The only reason you gotta be worried is if you're hiding something yourself, but are too scared to admit it so you hate on others.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Wulfman14, and Guinser

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

he's such a coward...he comes out after he plays his LAST NBA game....what a loser....

can you imagine being a teammate of his and wondering forever if he masturbated to a mental image of you naked in the shower.....

I have the same nightmares about Russian ROcket...and he's never even seen me, period.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: emoney

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Who the fuuck cares if someone is gay or not, let them do what they want with their lives.

The only reason you gotta be worried is if you're hiding something yourself, but are too scared to admit it so you hate on others.
    the problem is these guys in pro sports are forced to take mandatory group showers.

If there is a gay dude in the shower with a hard on looking at all the dudes asses and dongs its gonna cause some awkwardness.

The only way to allow gay players in pro sports is to build individual shower stalls and that would be too expensive.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CarpeDime

TheRifleman

It's sad and upsetting that many of the same people applauding Jason Collins for being the first openly gay player in mainstream American sports are the ones criticizing Tebow for openly displaying his faith.

Liberals hate god, but love homosexuality.....Sodom and Gomorrah got destroyed for the same thing.

Wow.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post

Exactly.Bet you most gay bashers are anxious about their own sexuality.

TheRifleman

Slatest PM: ESPN Analyst Uses Jason Collins' Announcement to Call Homosexuality a Sin

Not Everyone Was So Kind: ESPN analyst Chris Broussard offered this clunker during a special edition of Outside the Lines: "Personally, I don’t believe that you can live an openly homosexual lifestyle or an openly, like premarital sex between heterosexuals. If you’re openly living that type of lifestyle, then the Bible says you know them by their fruits. It says that, you know, that’s a sin. If you’re openly living in unrepentant sin, whatever it may be, not just homosexuality, whatever it maybe, I believe that’s walking in open rebellion to God and to Jesus Christ. So I would not characterize that person as a Christian because I don’t think the bible would characterize them as a Christian."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...nts_about.html

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    the problem is these guys in pro sports are forced to take mandatory group showers.

If there is a gay dude in the shower with a hard on looking at all the dudes asses and dongs its gonna cause some awkwardness.

The only way to allow gay players in pro sports is to build individual shower stalls and that would be too expensive.
    Seems like you've given a lot of thought to this.

thewhiteguy
    thewhiteguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aaron McCrevice
    Aaron McCrevice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post

all Broussard did was call it a sin according to the Bible and he's correct

leave it to the anti-christ drug-addicted media to call Broussard "controversial"

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron McCrevice View Post
    all Broussard did was call it a sin according to the Bible and he's correct

leave it to the anti-christ drug-addicted media to call Broussard "controversial"

That is amazing, isn't it? All he is saying is that he is a Christian and the bible states it is wrong. He also guilted himself about it though in my eyes when he mentioned heterosexuals having pre-marital sex. His tone of voice at that point was like "Yeah, I fukked bitches when I wasn't married. "

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I never saw this coming

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Bigger news if Collins scored 10 PTs in a game,,. Guy sucks.

Atleast now has an excuse when he gets cut, "it's cause I'm gay."

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Seems like you've given a lot of thought to this.
    thanks for saying it

love how some people automatically think gay men would get wood in the shower with other guys lol

Aaron McCrevice
    Aaron McCrevice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

on the other hand if Broussard were a Muslim, and he spoke of how the Quran says to punish homosexuals by death....

I'll bet you wouldn't hear a peep from our blessed media on that one

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I feel this is a ploy by Jason Collins to get more twitter followers.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I feel this is a ploy by Jason Collins to get more twitter followers.
    Would it work for me?

Seaweed
    Update your status

On a side note, I cannot believe i did not get a badge for being a reporter on the Boston Bombings. I was in that thread the entire 48 hours providing breaking coverage not found anywhere else. Unbelievable.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron McCrevice View Post
    on the other hand if Broussard were a Muslim, and he spoke of how the Quran says to punish homosexuals by death....

I'll bet you wouldn't hear a peep from our blessed media on that one
    He wouldn't have his job if he was a muslim.

First 123456 ... Last