MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Revis to the Bucs

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--so...150815922.html

The New York Jets have agreed in principle on a trade to send star cornerback Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay for undisclosed draft picks and the Buccaneers have agreed to a long-term contract that will make Revis one of the highest paid non-quarterbacks in the NFL, according to multiple sources.

Revis boarded a private jet Sunday morning to fly to Tampa Bay for an official physical, although the Buccaneers' medical staff is already aware of the results of an MRI exam Revis took April 15 when he returned to the Jets’ offseason program. Assuming the physical goes well, a final agreement could be reached by Sunday night or Monday morning.

“There’s a .001 chance this deal doesn’t happen, so I don’t want to say it’s done,” one source said. “There’s always a chance something could go wrong, but it’s unlikely.”The Jets gave Revis permission to visit the Buccaneers on Sunday morning after reaching an agreement with Tampa Bay on the trade portion of the transaction.

As for the contract, the Bucs are well aware that Revis is seeking a deal worth in the range of $15 million to $16 million per year. Revis’ agents, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, have told the Jets on multiple occasions that their client is seeking a deal in line with what players such as defensive end Mario Williams (six years, $96 million) and wide receivers Calvin Johnson (eight years, $150.5 million) and Larry Fitzgerald (eight years, $113 million) have received.
    The Jets were in a bind for two reasons. First, owner Woody Johnson is not interested in paying Revis what he wants. Second, Revis can’t be franchised after the 2013 season, when he can opt out of the final two years of his contract.
    Tampa Bay, which won a Super Bowl two years after making a similarly splashy trade to get Keyshawn Johnson from the Jets in 2000, have both the salary-cap space (the team is $28 million under the cap) and the experience with Schwartz and Feinsod. The Bucs signed wide receiver Vincent Jackson to a five-year, $55.5 million deal last season. Jackson is represented by Schwartz and Feinsod.
    The teams have been working on the trade since the NFL scouting combine in February.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Good. Fuk revis. He'll be irrelevant in no time.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Very good corner, not worth that kind of money.. especially off an ACL tear.. Who the fuk does he think he is?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

As a Jets fan its bittersweet......But if one team out there is paying him the money he wants, can't really blame the Jets for getting back some draft picks and rebuilding

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Greatest jet ever, needed to be done though
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Tampa isn't a Super Bowl contender. Waste of a first round draft pick and millions of dollars.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

if I'm not mistaken bucs were the worst passing defense in the league last year and this will be a huge addition for them. Considering they have a stud RB as well as a star WR in Vincent Jackson Bucs are actually a fairly solid team too bad their in such a tough division.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Tampa isn't a Super Bowl contender. Waste of a first round draft pick and millions of dollars.
    they will be contending within a couple of years. young team with alot of talent.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    they will be contending within a couple of years. young team with alot of talent.

Better find a clutch qb

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Revis is one of my favorite players of all-time. But because of these stupid fks locking up so much money on toilets like Sanchez and Holmes, it had to be done.
    It's a stupid move for the Bucs, but great move for the Jets, as they had basically zero chance to re-sign him next year. Bucs can afford to gamble, but they aren't even close to contenders so the move doesn't make much sense for them.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Jets continue to FAIL Revis to the Bucs

Under Ryan the Jets keep getting worse when will they see the writing on the wall.
    I dont even think they got the best deal for Revis I think S Fran would have given a lot morebecause they had more picks to offer.
    The New York Jets have agreed in principle on a trade to send star cornerback Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay for undisclosed draft picks and the Buccaneers have agreed to a long-term contract that will make Revis one of the highest paid non-quarterbacks in the NFL, according to multiple sources.

Revis boarded a private jet Sunday morning to fly to Tampa Bay for an official physical, although the Buccaneers' medical staff is already aware of the results of an MRI exam Revis took April 15 when he returned to the Jets’ offseason program. Assuming the physical goes well, a final agreement could be reached by Sunday night or Monday morning.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Revis is one of my favorite players of all-time. But because of these stupid fks locking up so much money on toilets like Sanchez and Holmes, it had to be done.
    It's a stupid move for the Bucs, but great move for the Jets, as they had basically zero chance to re-sign him next year. Bucs can afford to gamble, but they aren't even close to contenders so the move doesn't make much sense for them.
    Revis kept the toilet Jets in the hunt for years the Bucs are a better team than the Jets ......With Revis lock up a playoff spot good move for the Bucco's

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Revis + Goldson = instant improvement

ch3ss
    i make it rain....
    ch3ss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

I agree... because Revis is going to get a stupid extension.....

ch3ss
    i make it rain....
    ch3ss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Revis + Goldson = instant improvement
    It is an improvement... but why pay him the kind of $ he wants coming off a serious injury....... To me thats silly....

easyliving

Jets actually got a great deal here. Apparently their getting Tampa's 1st round pick which is 13th overall.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

if I'm not mistaken bucs were the worst passing defense in the league last year and this will be a huge addition for them. Considering they have a stud RB as well as a star WR in Vincent Jackson Bucs are actually a fairly solid team too bad their in such a tough division.
    They had the worst passing D and best rushing D in the league.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ch3ss View Post
    It is an improvement... but why pay him the kind of $ he wants coming off a serious injury....... To me thats silly....
    B/c they think they can contend. Great rushing D, an improved back half, great young running back, promising WR's, and a sometimes shaky QB w/ a tremendous upside. Good move imo but time will tell.

broadway6
    on to the next one

B/c they think they can contend. Great rushing D, an improved back half, great young running back, promising WR's, and a sometimes shaky QB w/ a tremendous upside. Good move imo but time will tell.
    Paying a guy coming off knee surgery 15 million a year isn't a good move IMO. But time will tell.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Jets actually got a great deal here. Apparently their getting Tampa's 1st round pick which is 13th overall.
    Yeah thats big Ryan is looking at taking Harvey Finkelstein 5'8'' 467lbs with that pick (he has nice feet)

tylerjz24
    tylerjz24's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think no guaranteed money is good for the Buc's bad for Revis!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Better find a clutch qb
    Maybe the Bucs can get the Jets to throw Tebow and Sanchez into the deal.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

guys over paid , but they need help there

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by tylerjz24 View Post
    I think no guaranteed money is good for the Buc's bad for Revis!
    Exactly. They're paying him non guaranteed money. It's a great deal for the Bucs.

Tell me where you're going to find a player with that number 1 pick to bring anything to the Jets that Revis would.

Rmac15
    Rmac15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 574

solid.

easyliving

when you have the worst passing D in the league and teams realize they can throw on you every down of course your rushing defense numbers are gonna look good because no one tries to run on you.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

how did the nfl know this trade was gonna happen before it did? why are the bucs playing jets week #1?

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Grossly overpaid for him. Bad move

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    how did the nfl know this trade was gonna happen before it did? why are the bucs playing jets week #1?
    Seriously?

I guess I knew because I follow Jets sites, but I thought it was common knowledge for like a month+ now

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Seriously Fakerboy

Bevis to Bucheads....Must be third reich intel....
    Or fairly common knowledge...

easyliving

Revis about to get cut