konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Who is the best young pitcher that will hit the MLB this year

Probably wont start in the bigs but he will be up because of lack of attendance but I think Wheeler for the Mets could be one of the impact new pitchers...Mets picked up Marcum on a gamble for the 5th man so if he doesnt rebound or No Hans has trouble Wheeler will get an early call.
    Mets have 3 young kids in A+ ball in St Lucie that will be large all throw 95 or better and have other pitches but none are over 21 we may have to deal some pitching to get a bat or two.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

gotta think that it could be dylan bundy or gerrit cole....bundy has already hit the big leagues briefly...although you have to see if his frame can hold up and he doesnt have arm issues

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

btw im really interested to see how matt harvey(local kid) does in a full season

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

assuming the orioles aren't more concerned with pushing his arb back the answer should be Dylan Bundy.

Tyler Skaggs will get a chance in Arizona, Bauer has a good chance to start the season with the Indians, and Shelby Miller was impressive in AAA last year and Carpenter's injury makes it Likely he will start the season in the majors.

The two studs in Pirates system Tallion and Cole may both show up mid season and Taijuan Walker may have the best arm of the all and is the youngest, but struggles with command and the mariner's looking to be non competitive probably won't get more then a September cup of coffee at the most.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Cole might see some time this year, but I highly doubt Tallion does.

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

I agree that Bundy or Cole should be the best of the young pitchers to debut this year. Although he's probably not in their class I'm interested to see what Kyle Gibson does with the Twins in his first full year back from Tommy John. Our rotation is such a mess he could be the "ace" of the staff pretty quickly if he's as advertised.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Can't wait to see the Cuban missile get some starts

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Dylan Bundy on the Orioles or Zack Wheeler on the Mets.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    btw im really interested to see how matt harvey(local kid) does in a full season
    Harvey is top shelf he is a bright spot in the Mets future I figure they will trade him soon......I also think Harvey is just a shade below Straussballs

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    assuming the orioles aren't more concerned with pushing his arb back the answer should be Dylan Bundy.

Tyler Skaggs will get a chance in Arizona, Bauer has a good chance to start the season with the Indians, and Shelby Miller was impressive in AAA last year and Carpenter's injury makes it Likely he will start the season in the majors.

The two studs in Pirates system Tallion and Cole may both show up mid season and Taijuan Walker may have the best arm of the all and is the youngest, but struggles with command and the mariner's looking to be non competitive probably won't get more then a September cup of coffee at the most.
    Cool Ill find a game here in spring training im close to both Pirates and Mighty O's camps Maybe I can hit a Balt vs Pitts and catch some of them

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Chapman as a starter....could blaze through lineups

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post

Can't wait to see the Cuban missile get some starts

HUGE Reds fan but I don't see it working out. He barely throws a 2nd pitch and you need 3 to be a good starter. He won't be able to throw 102 every pitch either and last 5-6 innings. Hope I'm wrong....could be the black Randy Johnson if I am.

PaperTrail07

100% agree MR....BUT......he has been working on some things in the offseason ( so I have heard).....when he is shook though....look out....buries himself...

TheStandard.ag
    TheStandard.ag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

Dylan Bundy is the top guy to be watching for this year. Agree on Wheeler, Cole and Skaggs. No one has mentioned Taijuan Walker's name yet...reportedly a plus fastball and above average change and curve already. May not make it up this year, but on a thin Mariners team it is possible.

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    100% agree MR....BUT......he has been working on some things in the offseason ( so I have heard).....when he is shook though....look out....buries himself...
    Who knows with Dusty since he's not the sharpest tool in the shed but I'm thinking they'll use AC like LaRussa used Garcia.....4-6 innings at 90 pitches or so. He has all the talent to go farther if he doesn't try to K everyone.

Mr Handicapable

Joe Kelly with the Cards was very impressive to me....throwing 95+ with movement. He might win 15 in his first full year as a starter.

PaperTrail07

100%..I agree..I dont know how dusty keeps his job really.....cant remember the last time he won something they wernt supposed too/were favored to.. If AC gets rolling, look out, but if he is off, shit could get ugly

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

What about some top level bat prospects coming up? My 16-team league is interesting in that we have 24 rounds, and if you draft someone past 12th round, and they are under 25 years of age, then you can opt to keep him for 3 additional years (only way to keep someone)...so needless to say we spend plenty of time scouring up future prospects.

Any big hitting prspects? I usually save my research for beginning of Marchish so pardon my ignorance.

TheStandard.ag
    TheStandard.ag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

Jurickson Profar, Oscar Tavares and Wil Myers are the hitters you want. Profar and Myers have the can't miss tags on them.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Erock87 View Post
    What about some top level bat prospects coming up? My 16-team league is interesting in that we have 24 rounds, and if you draft someone past 12th round, and they are under 25 years of age, then you can opt to keep him for 3 additional years (only way to keep someone)...so needless to say we spend plenty of time scouring up future prospects.

Any big hitting prspects? I usually save my research for beginning of Marchish so pardon my ignorance.

Starling Marte with the Pirates is under 25 and he'll be the starting left fielder this year.

Pluthero
    Pluthero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Erock87 View Post

Oscar Taveras is the guy you're looking for. Although, I would assume someone in your league already has him stashed away.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Harvey is top shelf he is a bright spot in the Mets future I figure they will trade him soon......I also think Harvey is just a shade below Straussballs
    not tonight

kid's been the best pitcher in the league early in the year

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Fernandez