Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

This is taking forever.....

On Tuesday, Bears general manager Phil Emery said in an online chat with Bears fans that he believed Cutler was elite because of his winning record as a starting quarterback (59-52). On Wednesday, Urlacher disagreed, making his point in an interview with 87.7 FM The Game in Chicago.

"Financially, he is one of the elite guys in the NFL. ... He just hasn't produced like an elite quarterback," Urlacher said.

Cutler has a base salary of $22.5 million this season ($5 million was converted into a signing bonus in March) as part of a seven-year, $126.7 million contract extension he signed earlier this year, putting him at the top of the list of quarterback salaries in 2014, ahead of the New York Giants' Eli Manning ($15.15 million) and Denver Broncos' Peyton Manning ($15 million).

"You look at the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgers, the Brees, those guys win every year, even with no one around them," Urlacher said. "[Aaron] Rodgers has no offensive line. He wins. [Tom] Brady has no receivers. He wins.

"And you look at Jay. He's got Brandon [Marshall], Alshon [Jeffery], Matt [Forte], this great offensive line, Martellus Bennett, and they can't seem to put it together, for some reason. I'm not sure if that's his fault, but for some reason, they just can't figure it out."

Cutler threw an interception and was credited for two fumbles in the Bears' 27-14 loss last Sunday to the Miami Dolphins. After the game, frustration boiled over and yelling by Marshall could be heard outside the locker room. A source inside the locker room said some of Marshall's remarks were pointed at the quarterback. On Wednesday, coach Mark Trestman said the rant has been put behind the team.

Cutler has thrown for 14 touchdowns with 7 interceptions this season with all of the picks coming in the Bears' four losses. He has just one turnover (a fumble in a Week 3 win over the Jets) in the team's three victories.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    This is taking forever.....
    Trestman quietly wishing he had McCown to run his offense.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bears are stuck with him. They have no back up plan and have too much money in him. They have to wait for his contract up run out.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

MCCutty gunna Cutcut

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I say he barely makes it the year. What a douche. He throws in an interception and than kind of lays blame on Hester for not breaking it up. What an a sshole. I saw the play and you knew it was getting intercepted the minute he chucked it.
    The Bears are a lot better keeping Cutler and dumping Hester. Hester is not a good receiver at all, the only piece he has is the speed.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    The Bears are stuck with him. They have no back up plan and have too much money in him. They have to wait for his contract up run out.
    Yes, Cutler is this year's Tony Romo. Next year it will be Rivers or Eli or someone. People love to hate QBs.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Didn't they just pay him?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Didn't they just pay him?
    Yep, just inked a 7 year deal before this season started.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...year-contract/

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Cutler is not to blame here. Someone who makes a lot of money looked at Cutler in a room, knew everything about him down to when he shits, and gave him a contract that is laughable even to a moron on mars. Cutler was who he is before he was in Chicago. Normal humans with a clue in Denver saw this and let him go. Why would Cutler give a flip anymore? Stop blaming Cutler and look at the management in Chicago.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Cutler is not to blame here. Someone who makes a lot of money looked at Cutler in a room, knew everything about him down to when he shits, and gave him a contract that is laughable even to a moron on mars. Cutler was who he is before he was in Chicago. Normal humans with a clue in Denver saw this and let him go. Why would Cutler give a flip anymore? Stop blaming Cutler and look at the management in Chicago.
    Mad Dog Russo said something that caught my ear. Tressman is a discount coach, they didn't want to pay a real one.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Mad Dog Russo said something that caught my ear. Tressman is a discount coach, they didn't want to pay a real one.
    I kinda doubt that was it. I think they truly thought he'd be a good fit to bring up the offense up to the defense and had past success working with QB's. Problem is the defense was decimated in the meantime.

Bluehorseshoe

Even Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker took to Twitter to comment on Cutler's poor play.

Scott Walker ✔ @ScottWalker
    Follow

After this past week, I still have more wins in WI than Jay Cutler. #GoPackGo
    3:15 PM - 10 Nov 2014

Bluehorseshoe

slacker00

Today's benching is more about Tressman's dangling in the noose than Cutler. Clausen isn't saving him either.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Bears defense is the problem.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Bears defense is the problem.
    One of the problem(s) To score 15 pts at home against the Aints D, one of the TDs in garbage time, is awful. Everything about this teams sucks, looking for a big play on the Bears TT Under when the line comes out

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    One of the problem(s) To score 15 pts at home against the Aints D, one of the TDs in garbage time, is awful. Everything about this teams sucks, looking for a big play on the Bears TT Under when the line comes out
    Last years defense stunk too, but at least they could score. I believe they put up 30+ six times last year and havent hit 30 yet this year. Trestman always regresses year after year from year 1. Quarterback whisperer my ass.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

10 years from now....

Uncle Jay: Back in '14, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

Jay's Nephew: Are you serious?

Uncle Jay: I'm dead serious.

Uncle Jay: How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Jay's got to get the fukk outta dodge

It's all puppydogs and ice cream til people start disrespecting Kristin on the street

Handle your shit Jay you had the job, money and the girl you still have 2 of 3

slacker00

Something about CHI, it's hard on QBs. Cutler had a better QB rating back in his DEN days. But look at any CHI QB, Harbaugh's QB rating jumped 10 points when he went from CHI to IND. Orton's QB rating jumped 15 points going from CHI to DEN. Tomczak went up 9 points going from CHI to PIT. Even Rex Grossman's QB rating went up 4 points going from CHI to WAS. I don't know if it's the wind/weather or the coaching/management philosophy or what it is exactly.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Bluehorseshoe

Has it really been 8 yrs???

First 123