Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

November 11th 1995, a day i'll never forget

This remains a red letter day for me in my sports betting history.

I had just started, with ESB, in early 1995 after seeing their ad in the DRF.

Nov 11th stands out though as it was my first BIG winning day and truly could have been for many others, see if you guys remember these particular games anyway.

1)Northwestern -8 1/2, They win 31-20 over Iowa as Ismaeli returns a fumble like 60 yards to go up 11 in the waning minutes of the game

2)Ohio St -17 1/2 vs Illinois, Eddie George rushes for 300+ yards as the Buckeyes crush Illinois 41-3

3)Nebraska -25 vs Kansas, Big Red roll that day, ALSO 41-3

4)Kansas St -20 1/2 vs Iowa St, K-St crushes Iowa St 49-7

and to close that day...

5)Florida -20 at South Carolina, remember getting home from my shift at TGI Fridays and seeing Spurrier say "sorry about the score" to the sideline reporter as the game ended, Florida CRUSHED USC 63-7!

I won a 5 team parley for 500 bux, at 20/1.

Wanted to add MSU that day (but decided against it) at -1 vs Indiana, they cruised 31-13!

Truly a day i will never forget!! Kind of like Nov 5th 1955 in Back to the Future....The planets were aligned right that day for sure.

You guys ever have days you remember details so well from? That time in my life was just perfect, if i could go back to one day, i'd probably pick this one, not just because of the win, i had my life in perfect order that day in every area you could imagine!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I was $1,100 in the hole to my friends dads bookie I was a freshman in high school, money that I didn't really have, but could have gotten if necessary.
    Day before payday, I place 12 bets totaling $1,550.
    Thought I went 11-1 with my only loss being the trailblazers over, but my friends dad forgot to put that bet in. So I went 11-0 winning 1,500.
    That got me hooked, time will tell whether that's a good or bad thing.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

i was at work from about 5 till 10:30 that night as a cook at TGI Fridays in Champaign, had my handy ATS pager watching the scores all night.

I remember getting the payout check, for about 8,000 a few days later from ESB. My girlfriend at the time about passed out LOL

It was something else thats for sure.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

threads like this are why I love SBR.

thanks fellas, for making me less ashamed to love sports betting so much.

god bless you.

BOL today.

my biggest play of day is Utah st 1H.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

nice one Archie....My story!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

For me it was the first tyson-holyfield fight a year later. Had 2k on holyfield at 19-1, which was the bulk of my savings at that point and if the fight was a year or two earlier vip sports/online betting wouldnt have existed.

Probably the best day of my life, holyfield was getting away with butting tyson and i was laughing my ass off the whole fight - mostly nervous laughter

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

God, Chi.

I remember ESB. They used to publish a gigantic ad on the back of Football News.

I just could never pull the trigger and sign up with them. I went the Bowman's route.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I remember that weekend -- I had just started betting college football like two weeks earlier. I was also on Northwestern (and Clemson) for a nice 2-0 Saturday and $250.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

500 was about my whole bankrole at that point in time, made good money as a cook while in college, had more than almost anyone i knew!

The job was a source of funds, and i had just found those handy ************ which until a few years ago, ruled my life. I've since dumped ALL ************

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

5 more days!

red letter day boyz

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

I cant give you a date but about 20 years ago I was down about $6000 and I didn't have anywhere close to that. My limits with my guy were $500 a game and $200 on parlays. It was basketball season and the last night of the week before I had to settle. I placed a $200 5 teamer. $200 4 teamer (using the same teams), and $500 on each of the 5 games. I hit all 5 games and my bookie paid me $2500 for the week. (I hit for $8500 that night). I never put myself in that kind of situation again. Times were so different 20 years ago. We definitely didn't have the tools we have today to help us with betting info.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Fast forward to now

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Why? Let these guys enjoy their past, because they have never seen days like that since. Sounds like these guys are a bit down on their luck.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

12-4-04 timmy chang last career start for Hawaii had the Rainbows and over $1500 parlay (total was like 72!)

Michigan State was visiting the island up 21-0 halfway through 2nd quarter

was working at a sports bar at the time did not feel good every time i looked up there was the score taunting me

but they came charging back 2nd half to win 41-38 it was so sick!!!!

there was confetti and trash all over the field at the end the endorphin rush was palpable

went from disaster to dessert best gambling night of my life

unreal

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

saloon

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

end of college basketball this season, of course ncaa football, and nfl playoffs, this year cashed out 2000 with Party Bets. They sure gave me the run around when I was winning. They dropped my bets to 40 bucks, so I got out. I'm still picking away with 5dimes, i'm hoping to cash out with them one of these days. They have more than enough of my money. Last year I was learning how to gamble on ncaa basketball after not really knowing how previous times. Not saying that all end up well again. I do know one thing, injuries, suspensions, and such mean a lot in a bball game, even some ncaa football. but there's just too many games to keep track of, this is why i like this forum at times the information that gets passed on is good. There were a few postings about injuries and such in ncaab i bet on an won.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

feels good to celebrate again!

and thank you VETS!

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

golden age thinking

always thinking the past was way beter and the future is bleak. just think back 5 years ago i bet you figure you were better off then. but at the time you thought 5 yrs before that was better ect ect.........in 5 years you will be longing for today lol