slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I have no problem putting these 3 rookies ahead of Brees and Eli because those 2 have not had a phenomenal year. With Eli, maybe it's the Super Bowl hangover, if Eli wants to know why he missed the playoffs he can look in the mirror. Brees is more about the team falling apart around him, but look at Luck who was thrust into at least as bad of a catastrophe and he is in the playoffs. As for the big-3 rookies, each one has 27+ TDs this year and each one was critical to getting his team into the playoffs, no rookie QB has ever done that, not Montana, Elway, Marino or even Peyton. Compare this to Eli's 26 TDs or Brees leading the leauge in TDs but also in INTs with both missing the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, if any of these rookies starts to play like a rookie, even in the playoffs, I'll knock them down a peg one by one, but the thing is they aren't playing like rookies at all!

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Morris has been just as important to the Skins as RG3. To put any of the rookie kids ahead of Eli and Brees is ridiculous at this point.

1. Rodgers.....can carry a team better than anyone. Jennings/Jordy Nelson missed alot of games and their D isn't that great either

2. Brady.....interchangeable w/PM but arm is stronger which might help more in Jan. Both are HOFers and as smart as it gets.

3. P Manning.....weaker arm in Jan. cold/wind concerns me but has had another MVP type year

4. Ryan....no playoff excuses this year with #1 seed and solid D behind him

5. Eli....nobody repeats anymore....Nicks needs to be 100%

6. Luck...best of the kids imo.....has to carry the team and has while taking a beating

7. Brees....still one of the best....prob still top 3 if he didn't have to force the ball in shoot outs every week

8. RG3.....great ability....little skinny though to run the ball this much and he hasn't had to throw it that much with Morris

9. Big Ben.....bad year this year.....about to fall out for good imo due to so many hits taking their toll

10. Dalton....always underrated....they don't run that well so he (& AJ Green) have to do it by themselves usually

11. Kaepernick.....great great talent but who knows if these RG3 type read option guys can get hit that much and play every week. Can he be a pocket guy if need be?

12. Russell Wilson.....smart smart kid and great leader but Lynch sets up everything

here's my dirty dozen....ok I did put Luck ahead of some of the vets...thats because of how much he carries Indy. AL must get hit hard 30x/game with that line and still produces.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Schaub

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Each list I see here is a joke. So much bias.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Jaws' QB Rankings

Peyton Manning

#18 QB
    Denver Broncos

2012 STATS

• Att583
    • Comp400
    • Yds4659
    • TD37
    • Int11
    • QBR84.1

1. Peyton Manning
    Previous: 1

There is a very good debate over who is the NFL's best QB in 2012, one that has prompted a lot of conversation at the NFL Films office. But as far as I'm concerned, what Manning has done, going to a different system and producing the way he has, makes him my top quarterback. Changing from one system to another is just so difficult. I transitioned through several systems in my career and have learned firsthand how all of the little things that build chemistry -- the eye contact, the play-calling language, the subtle indicators -- can take years to develop. Peyton has done it in a single season, bringing the other players around him onto the same page with him.
    It's true that his arm strength isn't what it used to be, but his anticipation is better than it has ever been. I don't know how he completes some of those back-line throws he made last week. Manning is obsessive about his accuracy and, when he practices, will point to his receivers' shoulder pads and tell them, "the ball will be right here." This past week, he hit Demaryius Thomas in the belt buckle for a touchdown. I'm pretty sure that, despite the touchdown, Peyton was upset about missing his target.
    It's that kind of dedication that led him to such a speedy recovery, and such quick acclimation in Denver. It also has made him my No. 1 QB for 2012.

Aaron Rodgers

#12 QB
    Green Bay Packers

2012 STATS

• Att552
    • Comp371
    • Yds4295
    • TD39
    • Int8
    • QBR72.5

2. Aaron Rodgers
    Previous: 3

Rodgers has been phenomenal of late. He definitely has struggled at times because of different circumstances over the course of 2012, including health at wide receiver and his protection, but he's ending on a high note. The Packers' line has not been very good; Marshall Newhouseand Don Barclay need help from running backs and chip blocks. Because of that, Rodgers has not had his full receiving complement at his disposal this season, as tight ends and backs have needed to stay in and help the linemen. His receiving corps has been banged up virtually all season, but he hummed along for the most part. He has felt pressure at times -- and gotten a little frenetic as a result -- but he worked his way through it. He was very, very solid in the last quarter of the year.

Tom Brady

#12 QB
    New England Patriots

2012 STATS

• Att637
    • Comp401
    • Yds4827
    • TD34
    • Int8
    • QBR77.1

3 . Tom Brady
    Previous: 2

At some point, high praise for Brady just feels like piling on. He slides solely because I thought Rodgers was sharper down the stretch and Brady showed a little cause for concern against Jacksonville. I thought he made some questionable decisions and missed throws down the middle. But when you're a surefire Hall of Famer and a top-three QB in the National Football League, those are the exceptions, not the rule. He'll be ready for the playoffs.

Matt Ryan

#2 QB
    Atlanta Falcons

2012 STATS

• Att615
    • Comp422
    • Yds4719
    • TD32
    • Int14
    • QBR74.5

4. Matt Ryan
    Previous: 4

Ryan had one bad game with five picks against Arizona in mid-November, but he has since calmed down and I believe he is ready to make a playoff run and put postseason shortcoming talk behind him. Here's what will be critical for the Falcons' success: Ryan is a QB who needs a comfortable pocket. The first thing his playoff opponents will try to do defensively is get pressure up the middle and pass-rushers around Ryan's feet. If I showed you all the bad throws from Ryan in 2012, the vast majority would be because he had to move and didn't get his feet set. Ryan has been very good this year, but when defenses make him move, he has a tendency to make mistakes.

Drew Brees

#9 QB
    New Orleans Saints

2012 STATS

• Att670
    • Comp422
    • Yds5177
    • TD43
    • Int19
    • QBR67.9

5. Drew Brees
    Previous: 8

I had to drop Brees over the course of the year because he just wasn't playing up to his standards. I think he'll be the first to tell you that 19 INTs isn't good. I've seen him work through his slump the past few weeks (11 TDs, 1 INT), and I've slotted him back into the top 5, as a result. When things get back to normal in New Orleans next season, I expect him to still be among the league's elite passers.

Ben Roethlisberger

#7 QB
    Pittsburgh Steelers

2012 STATS

• Att449
    • Comp284
    • Yds3265
    • TD26
    • Int8
    • QBR62.8

6. Ben Roethlisberger
    Previous: 5

Although I'm taking his injury into consideration, Roethlisberger slips one peg to end the season. He finished with a flourish against the Browns, but the lack of a playoff berth for Pittsburgh is disappointing. When he was healthy, though, Big Ben carried this team for most of the season. The run game (26th in the league) didn't help much, nor did some drops from his receivers.

Eli Manning

#10 QB
    New York Giants

2012 STATS

• Att536
    • Comp321
    • Yds3948
    • TD26
    • Int15
    • QBR67.4

7. Eli Manning
    Previous: 7

Eli was very inconsistent down the stretch, but his body of work says he's definitely a top-10 guy. We could see the highs clearly enough with his great game against the Eagles in Week 17. Unfortunately, there were too many lows mixed in this season as well (see: Weeks 15 and 16). Eli has some reparation work to do in the offseason.

Joe Flacco

#5 QB
    Baltimore Ravens

2012 STATS

• Att531
    • Comp317
    • Yds3817
    • TD22
    • Int10
    • QBR46.8

8. Joe Flacco
    Previous: 9

The next hurdle for Flacco is to get it done in the playoffs, but I really saw his confidence level grow against the Giants. He was hitting on the deep ball, firing the ball outside the numbers, and he looked as if he had that edge he showed us against New England in Week 3. For the Ravens to succeed in the playoffs, he'll have to show it again.

Matt Schaub

#8 QB
    Houston Texans

2012 STATS

• Att544
    • Comp350
    • Yds4008
    • TD22
    • Int12
    • QBR62.6

9. Matt Schaub
    Previous: 6

There's no other way to put it than by saying Schaub is in a real slump. The Texans have not been able to get the ball downfield, and, for Schaub to have success, they have to connect on those shot plays. He is not a matriculator; he's not going to steadily complete passes on a long drive. He needs a few plays that can chew up big chunks of yards. Houston is another team that has yet to enjoy great playoff success. This weekend presents a huge game for the Texans, and for Schaub.

Robert Griffin III

#10 QB
    Washington Redskins

2012 STATS

• Att393
    • Comp258
    • Yds3200
    • TD20
    • Int5
    • QBR71.4

10. Robert Griffin III
    Previous: 16

I didn't think it would be possible for a quarterback to climb into the top 10 in the NFL in Year 1. A track record of success, and being successful when the league has a book on you, should count for something. But you really can't say enough about the rapid success RG III has enjoyed in Washington. As we discussed above, the Shanahans have fostered his growth slowly and stayed away from dumping too much on the rookie too soon. They've kept it simple -- and have maximized Griffin's natural athletic gifts in the process. I've also been impressed with his grit and toughness and his presence as a leader on that football team. That locker room respects him, which is no small feat for a rookie QB.

Andrew Luck

#12 QB
    Indianapolis Colts

2012 STATS

• Att627
    • Comp339
    • Yds4374
    • TD23
    • Int18
    • QBR65.0

11. Andrew Luck
    Previous: 15

Another rookie who got his team to the playoffs. Luck needed to acclimate a little more rapidly than his rookie peers, in that Indianapolis didn't really enjoy the surrounding talent in the run game that Washington and Seattle enjoyed. But despite the steep learning curve, Luck has already achieved success and will only get better with more experience. That pass to T.Y. Hiltonlast week … you just cannot make a better throw than that. The accuracy of the throw was great, but it goes deeper than that. It was the read, the eye discipline to manipulate the defense, the pump fake to move the safety -- it was a Hall of Fame-worthy pass, especially at that juncture of a big game.

Jay Cutler

#6 QB
    Chicago Bears

2012 STATS

• Att434
    • Comp255
    • Yds3033
    • TD19
    • Int14
    • QBR51.9

12. Jay Cutler
    Previous: 10

I love Cutler's talent -- now he just needs a coaching staff that can maximize it. I see so many tools that should equate to success for Cutler, and we've gotten glimpses of it all season long, but there has been no consistency. He needs a support system that can help him maximize his talent … and help keep that pass rush off his back. For Cutler's future, what happens on the offensive line in Chicago means as much as anything.

Russell Wilson

#3 QB
    Seattle Seahawks

2012 STATS

• Att393
    • Comp252
    • Yds3118
    • TD26
    • Int10
    • QBR69.6

13. Russell Wilson
    Previous: 19

Wilson debuted at No. 31 when I updated my rankings after Week 4. Look at him now, leading the Seahawks to the playoffs. I was a little concerned with his Week 17 showing against the Rams, as I thought he left some plays on the field. A little too often his No. 1 target would open up, but he'd already moved on to his next read. I thought he just lost a little discipline in that game, which gives me pause as he goes on the road for his playoff debut. He needs to regain that calmness that led him to such a stellar second half of the season.

Colin Kaepernick

#7 QB
    San Francisco 49ers

2012 STATS

• Att218
    • Comp136
    • Yds1814
    • TD10
    • Int3
    • QBR76.8

14. Colin Kaepernick
    Previous: 20

Kaepernick is the reason I like the San Francisco 49ers to win it all. Between his arm strength and his foot speed, there is nothing the Niners' offense can't do. They've got the smashmouth ground game, and the quick-strike deep ball. He has shown good feel in the pocket and, like Griffin, looks to make the pass first and doesn't default to his legs at the first sign of pressure. With a little time off thanks to the first-round bye, we could see some revolutionary types of plays from Jim Harbaugh as well.

Tony Romo

#9 QB
    Dallas Cowboys

2012 STATS

• Att648
    • Comp425
    • Yds4903
    • TD28
    • Int19
    • QBR62.7

15. Tony Romo
    Previous: 11

I defended Tony Romo in the last installment of my rankings, and he repays me with that Week 17 clunker against Washington? That game was disastrous. All three of those interceptions were on him. And as well as he has played at times this season, it's hard to get excited about him going forward. Point blank: At crunch time, he didn't play well, made bad decisions and bad throws. All in all, he dropped five spots on my board since the start of the 2012 season.

Andy Dalton

#14 QB
    Cincinnati Bengals

2012 STATS

• Att528
    • Comp329
    • Yds3669
    • TD27
    • Int16
    • QBR50.7

16. Andy Dalton
    Previous: 17

I think Dalton has been good to very good this season. Now I'm just waiting for him to become great. When I watch him on film, he just holds the ball a little too long. When Target No. 1 is open, you've got to let it go. When the Bengals were in the red zone, he left some scoring plays on the field. There was that stretch from Nov. 4 to 25 when he had 10 TDs against a lone interception. That's stellar, but I think he could have had 20 TDs if he just threw the ball to the open targets. Still, it was a nice improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 and I can honestly see a bright future in the top 10.

Philip Rivers

#17 QB
    San Diego Chargers

2012 STATS

• Att527
    • Comp338
    • Yds3606
    • TD26
    • Int15
    • QBR40.6

17. Philip Rivers
    Previous: 13

I'm a huge Rivers fan, but this was just a down year from him. The Chargers had trouble on their O-line, particularly at left tackle; he lost go-to receiver Vincent Jackson. He never looked comfortable and it manifested in some poor play. I still think he has some gas in the tank, but he needs a better supporting cast.

Cam Newton

#1 QB
    Carolina Panthers

2012 STATS

• Att485
    • Comp280
    • Yds3869
    • TD19
    • Int12
    • QBR54.2

18. Cam Newton
    Previous: 18

Newton started coming on strong once the Panthers stopped trying to get everyoneinvolved in the run game. I thought there was too much of a collegiate, option-style approach early on. I think that works as a changeup, but not as your fastball. Once they started getting DeAngelo Williams some regular carries, things improved. Newton remains a solid QB, but he still had too many misses of open receivers in 2012. He needs to work on his accuracy in the offseason, and that's a skill he should be able to improve.

Josh Freeman

#5 QB
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2012 STATS

• Att558
    • Comp306
    • Yds4065
    • TD27
    • Int17
    • QBR53.1

19. Josh Freeman
    Previous: 12

I think Freeman was the biggest disappointment of the season's last quarter. His poor play really reminded me of his struggles from the end of 2011, and seemed to suggest no improvement year over year. He was wildly inaccurate, with his mechanics failing him. He was often throwing off his back foot instead of driving his throws. He has a lot of repairs to make in the offseason.

Matthew Stafford

#9 QB
    Detroit Lions

2012 STATS

• Att727
    • Comp435
    • Yds4967
    • TD20
    • Int17
    • QBR58.9

20. Matthew Stafford
    Previous: 14

Stafford was a big faller this season, dropping from No. 6 to No. 20. Yeah, the big numbers are there, but the volume of passes is so high in Detroit it masks his problems a little bit. I truly think Stafford needs to get back to the fundamentals. I wish I could coach him for a little bit because I know he understands what he needs to do, but the mechanics just aren't ingrained. To be consistent in your success, you must be consistent with mechanics. Your arm slot, your footwork need to be the same, again and again. Sure, you need to adjust your delivery every once in a while to get the ball out in the face of a pass-rusher, but with a clean pocket you need to be mechanically sound. Right now, Stafford just isn't.

Sam Bradford

#8 QB
    St. Louis Rams

2012 STATS

• Att551
    • Comp328
    • Yds3702
    • TD21
    • Int13
    • QBR51.6

21. Sam Bradford
    Previous: 21

I'd rate Bradford somewhere between OK and good this year. It started to look like he has regained his form from his first season. I think there's plenty of potential here still, and if the Rams can get him some more help in the draft, he clearly can move up these rankings.

Carson Palmer

#3 QB
    Oakland Raiders

2012 STATS

• Att565
    • Comp345
    • Yds4018
    • TD22
    • Int14
    • QBR44.7

22. Carson Palmer
    Previous: 22

Despite what everyone says, I think Palmer was fine in Oakland. That offense around him was horrible, but he was solid. The question is, at this point in his career, and given the financial considerations of his contract, what will the Raiders do with him? I think Palmer has more to give, however, and still has three to four more years in him.

Christian Ponder

#7 QB
    Minnesota Vikings

2012 STATS

• Att483
    • Comp300
    • Yds2935
    • TD18
    • Int12
    • QBR53.8

23. Christian Ponder
    Previous: 25

I love what he has done the past few weeks, particularly with his improvement in the play-action pass game. That the uptick has come without Percy Harvin isn't insignificant, and it's also telling that Bill Musgrave has trusted Ponder more and more. His Week 17 play really bumped him up in my book. It was a must-win situation and he delivered. The Vikings don't need Ponder to be a Hall of Famer when they have Adrian Peterson. All you need is a couple hundred yards through the air, and let AP do the rest.

Ryan Tannehill

#17 QB
    Miami Dolphins

2012 STATS

• Att484
    • Comp282
    • Yds3294
    • TD12
    • Int13
    • QBR52.3

24. Ryan Tannehill
    Previous: 26

Don't judge Tannehill's season in comparison to the three playoff-bound rookies. The needs are far greater on offense in Miami than they were in Indy, Washington and Seattle. I think the future is bright for Tannehill, the Dolphins just need to develop a more consistent run game and find some more receivers to target. I've been very impressed with his first season in the NFL.

Michael Vick

#7 QB
    Philadelphia Eagles

2012 STATS

• Att351
    • Comp204
    • Yds2362
    • TD12
    • Int10
    • QBR46.0

25. Michael Vick
    Previous: N/A

Vick started the last game for the Eagles, and I think too many people are discounting him going into next season. Let me spell it out: He can play. There is no doubt in my mind that in the right system, with the right staff and a good run game, Vick is a contributor. Everyone's talking about Chip Kelly. Well, if Kelly comes to Philadelphia, I see how he could use Vick. It all depends on the coach. The turnovers remain a bugaboo, but there's still plenty of skill left in Vick's game.

Chad Henne

#7 QB
    Jacksonville Jaguars

2012 STATS

• Att308
    • Comp166
    • Yds2084
    • TD11
    • Int11
    • QBR29.9

26. Chad Henne
    Previous: 24

There were times when Henne made plays against Houston and New England that I thought were phenomenal. It will be interesting to see how things play out in Jacksonville with all of the Tim Tebow talk and Blaine Gabbert still in the picture. A lot of Henne's future will be decided in the offseason, but I think he has it in him to be a serviceable NFL QB.

Brandon Weeden

#3 QB
    Cleveland Browns

2012 STATS

• Att517
    • Comp297
    • Yds3385
    • TD14
    • Int17
    • QBR26.6

27. Brandon Weeden
    Previous: 30

After the Super Bowl, Weeden will likely be the first QB for whom I examine all of his throws in detail. I find him so interesting because his highs were quite good, but there were a lot of "very lows" as well. I like the way he throws, his power, but he needs to improve in the nuances of the game. The eye manipulation, the pocket movement, not staring down receivers -- if he can improve in those elements, there's a good shot at improvement. Is he the quarterback of the future in Cleveland? We'll see.

Ryan Fitzpatrick

#14 QB
    Buffalo Bills

2012 STATS

• Att505/
    • Comp306
    • Yds3400
    • TD24
    • Int16
    • QBR45.8

28. Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Previous: 23

Like Stafford, Fitzpatrick is still lacking consistency in his mechanics and it's showing up in his game-to-game performances. C.J. Spiller and a solid run game should have helped him more, but he was much too erratic. He needs to make better throws and eliminate those turnovers at crucial times in the game.

Jake Locker

#10 QB
    Tennessee Titans

2012 STATS

• Att314
    • Comp177
    • Yds2176
    • TD10
    • Int11
    • QBR48.1

29. Jake Locker
    Previous: 28

I think Locker has shown good feel in the pocket, but I'd like to see improved foot movement. At times he looked a little slow-footed and I think he could benefit from a solid dose of agility drills in the offseason. That said, inaccuracy remains his biggest issue.

Brady Quinn

#9 QB
    Kansas City Chiefs

2012 STATS

• Att197
    • Comp112
    • Yds1141
    • TD2
    • Int8
    • QBR27.4

30. Brady Quinn
    Previous: 29

There were times this season when Quinn showed NFL talent, but overall there were too many bad throws and bad decisions. The way things were in Kansas City this season makes it tough to get a true read on him, though. I think he could still be a starter somewhere, but he needs to go to a team that can provide him with some confidence.

Mark Sanchez

#6 QB
    New York Jets

2012 STATS

• Att453
    • Comp246
    • Yds2883
    • TD13
    • Int18
    • QBR23.4

31. Mark Sanchez
    Previous: 27

I don't even know where to start … Sanchez regressed in every quarter of the 2012 season. Decision-making, inaccuracy, lack of confidence, it all plagued him. A lot happened to Sanchez since Week 1's high note against Buffalo and I know he has the tools to be an NFL quarterback, but he really needs to make some fixes to his game. And those fixes will need to be both physical and and mental at this point.

Brian Hoyer

#6 QB
    Arizona Cardinals

2012 STATS

• Att53
    • Comp30
    • Yds330
    • TD1
    • Int2
    • QBR37.7

32. Brian Hoyer
    Previous: N/A

Hoyer ended the season as the starter in Arizona, but will he start there in 2013? I liked him in New England and if he's not Arizona's starter, I think he has already shown that he's a capable backup with the Patriots. Hoyer is a team-oriented guy, throws well enough, and if you can be a gym rat on a football field, he is one. I think the Cardinals might have something here.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16152

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Morris has been just as important to the Skins as RG3. To put any of the rookie kids ahead of Eli and Brees is ridiculous at this point.

1. Rodgers.....can carry a team better than anyone. Jennings/Jordy Nelson missed alot of games and their D isn't that great either

2. Brady.....interchangeable w/PM but arm is stronger which might help more in Jan. Both are HOFers and as smart as it gets.

3. P Manning.....weaker arm in Jan. cold/wind concerns me but has had another MVP type year

4. Ryan....no playoff excuses this year with #1 seed and solid D behind him

5. Eli....nobody repeats anymore....Nicks needs to be 100%

6. Luck...best of the kids imo.....has to carry the team and has while taking a beating

7. Brees....still one of the best....prob still top 3 if he didn't have to force the ball in shoot outs every week

8. RG3.....great ability....little skinny though to run the ball this much and he hasn't had to throw it that much with Morris

9. Big Ben.....bad year this year.....about to fall out for good imo due to so many hits taking their toll

10. Dalton....always underrated....they don't run that well so he (& AJ Green) have to do it by themselves usually

11. Kaepernick.....great great talent but who knows if these RG3 type read option guys can get hit that much and play every week. Can he be a pocket guy if need be?

12. Russell Wilson.....smart smart kid and great leader but Lynch sets up everything

here's my dirty dozen....ok I did put Luck ahead of some of the vets...thats because of how much he carries Indy. AL must get hit hard 30x/game with that line and still produces.
    Kapernick rising!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    DEAD FUCKIN PERFECT

If i had to make this list myself i'd do exactly what you did!

Fantastic yet again Foldy!
    cam is top #5 in my book

First 123