easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

People who bet teasers please read

I am sick of seeing people posting NFL teasers where they tease a 2 or 3 point favorite the other way and make the line +4 or +5. Do you know how much value your losing by doing this? Your better off teasing the dog up. Also if you really like a team play them with the spread don't tease which forces you to find a 2nd team to tease with. Teasers are parlays which give the book a larger edge. Also don't tease DD favorites down to -4 or -5. Makes no absolute sense since your not covering the FG. In the long term these are all bad plays.

And finally people who use teasers in NBA, your better off burning your money it'll at least provide you warmth in this cold weather. NBA teams can score 8-10 points in a minute easily how does teasing 2 sides or 2 totals @ 4-4.5 points even if its even odds give you an edge in the long run? I would love to know how someone caps such teasers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bane

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!
    CupWanted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Good post for the teaser newbs. Only sport worth teasing is NFL and if you're going to do it make sure you cross 3 and 7. So on a standard 6 pt teaser dogs of 1.5 or more and favorites of 7 - 8.5 are decent plays. The other rule is never cross zero. You're buying a bunch of shit numbers. If you want to be teasers go read an article about Wong Teasers.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5614

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    I am sick of seeing people posting NFL teasers where they tease a 2 or 3 point favorite the other way and make the line +4 or +5. Do you know how much value your losing by doing this? Your better off teasing the dog up. Also if you really like a team play them with the spread don't tease which forces you to find a 2nd team to tease with. Teasers are parlays which give the book a larger edge. Also don't tease DD favorites down to -4 or -5. Makes no absolute sense since your not covering the FG. In the long term these are all bad plays.

And finally people who use teasers in NBA, your better off burning your money it'll at least provide you warmth in this cold weather. NBA teams can score 8-10 points in a minute easily how does teasing 2 sides or 2 totals @ 4-4.5 points even if its even odds give you an edge in the long run? I would love to know how someone caps such teasers.

Bingo....been sayin it forever. The newbies will eventually find out on their own. Education is expensive.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i dont tease ncaa real often but i did take a crack at a 2 team 6 point teaser today..

bama-2/ducks-2.5

most stuff you saying teaser 101 but for whatever reason folks insist on teasing favs thru the 0, i wont do it...i will tease dogs in the 4 o 6 point range as well tho as i like crossing the 7 and 10 almost as much as 3 and 7 but generally all my nfl teasers (nfl really only sport i tease on consistant basis) are with dogs under 3 and favs between 7-9...i think another thing about teasers that really screw a lot of ppl up is thay are never happy with paying the -110 on the 2 teamer, get greedy and start adding bunch more gms chasing that + money (huge mistake as sure they all look good w 6 points added but that asking for a gm to fukk you)..

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Haters Gone Hate

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Right on the $$!! And yes hoops teasers are a bookmakers wet dream stay away from those sucker bets at ALL times!

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Cliffs: teasers are for suckers

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

I like teasers. I agree with the -3 to +3 thing though. If you want to get technical there's no difference but if a team was -3 either they were going to cover or just lose by more than 3. You'd be better off taking a +3 to +9 because they were either probably going to win straight up, and can now lose by over a TD and you still win.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Right on the $$!! And yes hoops teasers are a bookmakers wet dream stay away from those sucker bets at ALL times!
    this is far from true, i mean they are when you dont follow simple rules and/or get greedy but 2 team nfl teasers have been money for me..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DJ Dalamar

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Basketball is the absolute worst to tease, especially totals.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    no doubt, totally pointless...ncaa fb isnt far behind although at times i find a few gms where teaser makes sense, typically low totaled gms....

Ushouldpayme
    Ushouldpayme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 789

2 or 3 team nfl teasers are the easiest ones to play when you are trying to take an under on games with teams with good D. Learn and earn. Everything else is uncivilized.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

No Banker I like my 2t and 3t football teasers. I'm sayin hoops teasers are sucker plays.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    No Banker I like my 2t and 3t football teasers. I'm sayin hoops teasers are sucker plays.
    ah,,yea hoops make little sense to tease...

Ushouldpayme

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    no doubt, totally pointless...ncaa fb isnt far behind although at times i find a few gms where teaser makes sense, typically low totaled gms....
    The bama v lsu game is worth teasing up.....spread and under. I haven't pulled the trigger tho.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Ushouldpayme View Post
    The bama v lsu game is worth teasing up.....spread and under. I haven't pulled the trigger tho.
    i teased bama down as i just dont think lsu can beat them, def think that there a better chance bama wins by 2 tds then loses but i been wrong before,,didnt wanna mess with total so i teased bama/ducks,,if one loses so be it but i like them both to win..

Ushouldpayme

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i teased bama down as i just dont think lsu can beat them, def think that there a better chance bama wins by 2 tds then loses but i been wrong before,,didnt wanna mess with total so i teased bama/ducks,,if one loses so be it but i like them both to win..
    I teased it up:
    3T SPECIAL TEAS 10 FB, 8 BK
    [331] CLEMSON -2-110 (B+10)
    [342] TOTAL u48½-110 (B+10)
    (ALABAMA vrs LSU)
    [393] OREGON +1½-110 (B+10)

mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

hit my bama, kst, clemson teaser...

the clemson game was not necessary to tease, but threw it in at the last minute. No complaints from me, but understand your logic.

Good post

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

screw teasers.

just parlay cowboys +3.5 & eagles +3 for an easy win. $200 pays $528.

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

How am I supposed to learn my lesson when bama teasers cashed in such a dramatic fashion?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bane View Post
    How am I supposed to learn my lesson when bama teasers cashed in such a dramatic fashion?

nothing wrong with bama teaser according to op,,fits the criteria, over a td fav getting brought down under a fg..

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    I never understood people who continue to do this in college hoops or the NBA....yell at the TV a few times in garbage time and it will learn you good! lol.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I threw a bunch of points away on one of the super special teaser promos. Never really bet $ on teasers though.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

bumping this because I wanna point this out again. Still people out their that bet teasers in basketball. I could see how one would think its okay to tease sides but theirs people out their that still tease totals. Their really isn't any sense in teasing that over 200 down to over 192. Very rarely will the game actually land in that 8 point gap your covering. Either bet it straight or don't bet at all. Also another thing I've seen a couple posters do is cross 0 on a b-ball teaser. Last I checked NBA games don't end in ties so your already giving a point away by crossing from -.5 to +.5. Good job teasing that -2.5 to +2.5 you're teasing 5 points yet only covering 4 numbers with your tease. Simply put stay away from teasers this time of the year until the NFL is back. You are simply throwing your money away and you simply can not win long term betting teasers in a game where blowouts occur so often and you never know when a team will stop playing defense, Those 6-8 points you tease with will rarely make a difference.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I am glad you bumped this. I agree with you in part, you should NEVER tease totals. Teasing totals you lose half of your total value in a mathematical sense.

Where I disagree is on teasing NBA spreads. I am well ahead over the last year, although the last two months I have shied away as I am having NBA issues overall right now.

It comes in most handy betting dogs, where you really think they have a shot out winning outright and then tack the extra points on to the points from the spread.....and I never tease more than 4 games. I understand that mathematically the book is building in additional margin, but if they are used in the correct way....they can be a great tool and you can beat that edge.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

If you are not Wong'ing teasers who need to be fading them.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Teasers are very addicting once you start doing them...

Sort of like any world wide drug

I know a friend of mine who use to play straight wagers... then started doing parlays... then... started doing teasers. Point of the story... the guy never does straight wagers anymore. It's been years. He wonders why he never wins.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

I have been having ridiculously good results with 10 pt NBA sweethearts this season. Funny because I was absolutely horrid at NFL teasers this past season. Also been messing around with $5 15 team open teasers on 5dimes. Haven't hit one but it's insane how many 14/15 I have had and it's bringing me back for more like crack...currently have one at 11 spots filled ::fingers crossed::. Having a little fun is worth $5 bucks every couple weeks to me. My sports betting has changed alot recently, instead of making 4-5 plays a night and without wasting my time with parlays, I usually throw the 4 games in a sweetheart and make one large straight bet.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Friends don't let friends do basketball teasers!!!!!!!!

Come to Vegas and do all the blow you want, but for God's sake, don't bet phuckin teasers in basketball.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This is my first years I did not bet a lot of teasers in any sport

Of course every teaser looks good evening hoops

It does seem though as far as the NBA or college basketball you hit a teaser before you hit a parlay

My new thing is taking more money lines

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I don't see how any sane person could tease BB. It makes no sense how in a sport where 200 points are scored you get only 4 points yet in a sport where 30 to 40 points are scored you get 6.

How the hell does that make sense? Bball lines are also way less sharp in that the losing team often purposely fouls at the end, surrendering more points for free. This almost never happens in the nfl where a team allows points on purpose.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Stan it's more of an action bet

I would think in college hoops if you could get Ten point basketball teasers you might be able to win a few

Vitothecapper
    Vitothecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 682

​teasers are for suckers!

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Teasers are great for primetime nba games since lines are so sharp

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I don't thing wang teasers are for suckers - they're something that shouldn't be overused though

12 Last