MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    many future professional athlete black kids in the inner city now emulate drug dealers and rappers instead of Professional athletes other than Lebron.

its too bad, I've met quite a few kids in chicago that had the potential to be the next georges Laraque, peter worrell, or don Brashear if they could just get off the corner, into school, learn to tie shoes, then learn how to tie skates and skate....

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    You don't have $200 to even be a pro on this site lol. HAHA guy who served 7 years in prison and is now a multimillionaire without even having a job. Do you realize this forum is filled with liars like you? Do you even remember anymore when you became a pathological liar?
    Hey buddy, it's $100 and it appears neither do you.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

serious answer,

it is weird how few there have been since many years ago......... who was the last really good one? american black that is?

not that many black americans play baseball anymore.

i presume if a baseball coach gets an excellent black athlete to play baseball then put him somewhere in the field that utulizes his athleticism.

u think it would ever happen that the manager/coach or another player interacts with pitcher through catcher? meaning you could theoretically put a much better hitter at catcher if he doesn't have to handle calling the game

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

I think that we are going to see an up tick of black players again in baseball after the next generation. Don't know how big it will be with MLB focusing on Hispanic countries, but with all of the studies coming out about kids and football, I wouldn't be shocked if they make the 15% threshold in the next 10-15 years.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I think that we are going to see an up tick of black players again in baseball after the next generation. Don't know how big it will be with MLB focusing on Hispanic countries, but with all of the studies coming out about kids and football, I wouldn't be shocked if they make the 15% threshold in the next 10-15 years.
    Probably not because baseball going more and more international, both hispanic and asian. I expect eventually that maybe half of the players will have been born and raised in another country.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    as an inner city dweller, where most of the black talent is found. Id say that is near impossible.

there just are no leagues for these guys to start playing in, until they are in Hs (even most inner city Hs baseball teams are a joke)

leagues cant last. not enough parent support. less than a quarter of kids show up after the initial week. coaches and umps flake almost as frequently. that is how I knew way ahead f time that the south side jackie robinson little league team could not be legit.

very few black kids are going to sit and watch any parts of a slow paced baseball game. and they cant practice on their own.

the way a kid falls in love with baseball most of the time, is having a FATHER or other mentor tht loves the game. and passes it down

First 1234