k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

Anyone else think Anthony Davis is overrated?

They are making him sound like he's the next Shaq or Duncan. Big man like this only come around every 10 or 20 years. Basically untradable except for 3 players in the league. Blah Blah Blah.

All this excitement for Marcus Camby......

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

The next Emaka Okafor

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Anyone who trademarks a unibrow is not overrated
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ryeskernatorr, and NOLA Brees

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Once in a generation defensive awareness matched only by Duncan and Russell

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

will be interesting to see what he turns out to be

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

He'll definitely be a defensive monster, but not sure about his offense... I might invest in some of his rookies.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

If u think he"s overated u havn"t seen him play a lot. Good consistant mid range shot, post moves, and future defensive POY.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

k13

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Once in a generation defensive awareness matched only by Duncan and Russell
    Duncan's D is not even that great.

Olajuwon, Robinson, Mutombo, Mourning all better.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Duncan's D is not even that great.

Olajuwon, Robinson, Mutombo, Mourning all better.
    Awareness= mental aspect of defense, those guys are either bigger or more athletic though statistically Duncan the 2nd highest defensive rating ever but probably a bs stat kind of.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

He's Theo Ratliff. Or Bizmak Biyambo. Not a gifted scorer.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

i hope he does great, was easy money to bet on Kentucky last season... too easy

k13

Looks like calling him Marcus Camby is giving too much credit.

How about poor man's Marcus Camby???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hard to say

Camby a very effective nba player

k13

Basketball talent is way down, what happened to all the good centers being produced?

Imagine if this kid had to play Ewing, Mourning, Shaq in college??? He would get eaten alive.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum are the last great/good centers to enter the league.

Davis isnt even a center, so not sure why people would compare him to Shaq. Ive actually seen lots more comparisons to Camby and Garnett.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Robinson from Kansas > unibrow

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Robinson from Kansas > unibrow

He wasn't in april when it counted. Robinson looks better physically, that's about it.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

this draft is so bad. there will be absolutely no players that have any immediate impact on any team.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Basketball talent is way down, what happened to all the good centers being produced?

Imagine if this kid had to play Ewing, Mourning, Shaq in college??? He would get eaten alive.
    i dont think davis is overrated really

but its a whole different ballgame.....sure college games still mean something(hence the stock of perry jones).....but nowadays when u read articles on these kids their travel team gets mentioned right next to their high school.....its just a whole different world of hoops than mourning/ewing/shaq grew up in.....

i think you look no further than austin rivers.....as an example....there are rumors that he has an attitude....that he thinks hes alot better than he is....that hes not good for team chemistry......seems like a good kid to me...and his father is a class act.....but then you think about the fact that this kid was ranked like the number 1 sixth grader when he was in 6th grade....and he was ranked that high for years pretty much up until his sr year before he was overtaken by some bigger guys.....and its no wonder some of these kids get pegged as "selfish" players.....look at how chad for recently spoke about him

FORD: Look, Lillard was a late bloomer. He wasn't lightly recruited until his senior season. You may be right that Rivers would've put up better numbers as a freshman. However, here's my knock on Rivers. He thinks he's Kobe. He's not. He doesn't have the length, the height, nor the athletic ability. Take those things away from Kobe, and he's Ricky Davis — an irritating ball hog no one wants to play with and who isn't good enough to warrant the diva act.

FORD: Lillard is a willing passer. Rivers isn't and will never be. Lillard made dramatic improvements from year to year. I thought Rivers was the exact player in college that he was in high school. Lillard is a team player. He was the second most efficient player in college basketball DESPITE being the only decent player on his entire roster; teams game planned to stop him and him alone every night. I just don't see Rivers ever being anywhere near as unselfish or efficient. I think Rivers will be shocked at the athleticism and length at his position. He'll try to do the same things at which he excelled in high school, spend a lot of time on the bench, get into it with his coach and teammates, get traded in a year or two to a desperate team, put up huge numbers for a cellar-dweller for a year or two, make some money, and eventually, teams will realize he can't be the alpha dog on a winning team.
    Last edited by bobby heenan; 06-27-12 at 03:25 PM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    this draft is so bad. there will be absolutely no players that have any immediate impact on any team.
    you think so zoo? ive liked beal for awhile now....i was touting him and making posts on him during the tournament...and loved him before that.....i think there is still a ton of talent in this draft

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Michael Kidd Gilchrist is will be a stud

k13

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Nah, there's always one or two surprises.

k13

Can you believe Miles Plumlee tested a 40.5" vertical and 12'2" max reach....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I love us all

Not one of us ever played freshman HS ball but we are great talent evaluators

K13 call me

k13

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I love us all

Not one of us ever played freshman HS ball but we are great talent evaluators

K13 call me
    JJ, I played Senior HS ball.

Passed my prime now but maybe I'll do a little basketball video later in the year.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Davis will be a great defensive players, but you're not called a superstar in the NBA if you don't score 20+ and he won't. He'll get pushed around some too, he's a bit thin. He's good, but not a superstar.

I don't like Austin Rivers at all. Just don't think he's special in any way. Some sleepers I like are John Jenkins and Will Barton.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Michael Kidd Gilchrist is will be a stud
    agree. That guy will be good.

K13,

Davis wasn't like Shaq or any of them because he used to be a guard and kind of got tall as hell out of no where. He can dribble a little and will be able to knock down jumpers in the future. He's a good defensive talent like you say but is too small right now. I'm sure he will be a solid player but will probably never be a 20 10 guy.

That Gilchrest guy is some talent. Reminds me of Tyreke Evans a bit.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

davis is like 19 years old, shaq had 3 years of college. keep that in mind.

i dont think hell ever be a super duper star, i do think hes the best player in this draft clearly though.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If he is Marcus Camby or better he will be great. I don't remember Camby not ever being a starter on any team.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i think hell be better then camby myself. wont be an all time great though either.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    If he is Marcus Camby or better he will be great. I don't remember Camby not ever being a starter on any team.
    Camby had a long and productive career but the media is talking about davis as a once in a generation talent.
    Just a weak draft so they need to build hype.

I don't think he'll be a complete bust or anything,

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Camby had a long and productive career but the media is talking about davis as a once in a generation talent.
    Just a weak draft so they need to build hype.

I don't think he'll be a complete bust or anything,
    ya definitely not going to be greg oden.

Ryeskernatorr
    Turning $100 into...
    Ryeskernatorr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

I don't think he's overrated. He's easily the best player in this draft and will end up being a perennial all-star and DPOY.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

no hes overrated offensively he faced withey in the finals a type of player he will be seeing on a consistent basis in the league and he went 1-11. Lets compare him to people defensively now will he be better than tyson chandler?

who has never made an all star team but is the supposedly best defensive big man in the league right now. Will he be better than ibaka i dont think so either its just that he is the best of the worst this year and he will be like a camby but lets talk about this with camby he NEVER MADE an allstar appearance or never led his team to a title.

Arent those the 2 qualities you want in a number 1 pick?

123 Last