HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post

Still feel there isn't a good book out there for how to hunt for EV and strategy for signing up at books and getting max value out of them.
    Careful what you wish for. A book that showed where certain outs could be exploited is certain to force them to make necessary adjustments. Any author that exposes specific info like this would be a fool to do so.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's no real wrong answer to your question IMO and it all depends on your motivations.

If you want to do this on larger scale at some point in the future it would probably be better to save your weak outs and max bet them until you're banned. I regret signing up at the weaker books and getting banned now because I've left money on the table. I guess the other facet of this approach would simply be to learn, and save the $100.00 until you've got enough money to reach that point.

If you're still learning about BRM and have psychological issues in that area betting $1.00 per game with a $100.00 bankroll may be appropriate. I personally think it's ridiculous and would suggest taking shots with the $100.00 on weak numbers and hope you land on the good side of variance. I know people poo poo that idea generally but you should consider the utility of the money.

Of course if you don't have an edge it's rather useless to be arguing about BRM. Treat the money as a budget and bet the amount that won't adversely affect you financially but is enough to give a few shots of dopamine into your monkey brain while sweating a game.

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet a 2 team parlay and roll it over on another 2 teamer and repeat a few times.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Dream

HedgeHog

Unfortunately, many of the posters here have more experience at turning 1k to $100 than vice versa.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shovde

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

there is only 1 really easy good answer in this whole thread... it is a 2 word answer.

not poker or SI tho, and def not all in.

ljump12
    ljump12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Buy Apple Stock. Much better chance.

Rubes on forums asking Qs like this, tsk, tsk.
    First off, you can't buy a share of AAPL with $100. Second, even if you could buy a partial share, you would be expecting the worlds biggest company to be 10 times bigger!!! There's never been a trillion dollar company before, and now you're expecting a 6 trillion dollar company?

(Granted, you probably recommended that tongue in cheek)

pipita17
    Update your status
    pipita17's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    turning 100$ in 1000$ if things where that easy we would all be rich in this forum, must bettor are lucky if they turn 100$ in 101$ in the end of the year.
    truth

jumpsquat
    ako ko naidje jebiga...
    jumpsquat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    turning 100$ in 1000$ if things where that easy we would all be rich in this forum, must bettor are lucky if they turn 100$ in 101$ in the end of the year.
    i would consider it a huge failure and a waste of time. ffs, if you put 100$ in a bank and do nothing you'd have at least 105$ in a year...

back to the topic, choose bets wise, place them for 5-20 $ and you should do well, don't know how much experience you have, but over time you should learn what to look at when betting

also, try to avoid MLB,NBA, NFL and top5 european football leauges. there is much less chance you ll get rich from 100$ when betting on those leagues.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by jumpsquat View Post
    i would consider it a huge failure and a waste of time. ffs, if you put 100$ in a bank and do nothing you'd have at least 105$ in a year...
    What bank is paying 5% interest annually? Can't even get half of that on a 5-year CD last time I checked.

jumpsquat
    ako ko naidje jebiga...
    jumpsquat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    What bank is paying 5% interest annually? Can't even get half of that on a 5-year CD last time I checked.
    http://www.kbz.hr/

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Quote Originally Posted by ebelisle22 View Post
    I'd love to hear good handicappers' thoughts. Please let me know how you approach this small bankroll and make it grow. 5$ bets seem pointless maybe 20 but what do you all think

Martingale

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I turned a $40 deposit to $270 by spot betting.

Take your time, pick your spots, patience is virtue. Make one bet per week or even one bet per month.

People who are new to gambling should only deposit $100 or less and bet very small. So they don't go bankrupt. Better to lose $100 than $10,000.

Avoid Sports that have more luck than skill, hockey and baseball because the moneyline is never at -500 or greater favorite.

Bet on Sports that do have -500 or greater favorites: football, basketball, mma, boxing and tennis. More skill than luck on these sports.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fade Landers ALL IN

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I turned a $40 deposit to $270 by spot betting.

Take your time, pick your spots, patience is virtue. Make one bet per week or even one bet per month.

People who are new to gambling should only deposit $100 or less and bet very small. So they don't go bankrupt. Better to lose $100 than $10,000.

Avoid Sports that have more luck than skill, hockey and baseball because the moneyline is never at -500 or greater favorite.

Bet on Sports that do have -500 or greater favorites: football, basketball, mma, boxing and tennis. More skill than luck on these sports.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

best method in taking 100$ and making it into 1k

printing press outta thin air

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd suggest just talking a shot on a three team parlay. A $100 isn't really worth using alot of stategic plays.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I turned $100 into over 1K twice in the past month.
    Cashed out the majority both times, now I'm out completely.

The money has helped out a lot, and will save for a month or so, and try again.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by Hankwins View Post
    I'd suggest just talking a shot on a three team parlay. A $100 isn't really worth using alot of stategic plays.
    Not true, I've managed to do a lot with $100, you just need to take it slow at first. Only bet when you 100% believe in the play.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Not true, I've managed to do a lot with $100, you just need to take it slow at first. Only bet when you 100% believe in the play.
    Agree 100%. Respect your bankroll, however small. Old adage: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post

Talk about intentionally leading someone down a path of destruction.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Work. Travelodge is looking for housekeeping.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sarunas

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

If the only goal is to take $100 into $1,000 then go purchase 100 scratch off lotto tickets. If you plan to continue on in sports betting, then here is the reality.

Find a capper that can consistently hit 55% or better (less than 1% of this board). And don't avoid parlays if you find someone that can hit in the neighborhood of 58% consistently.

Even with that, the reality is you can expect to make like 4% max per year in sportsbetting, unless one of the many sharps here can refute that with statistical data.

I'd start with books J7 mentioned, but also read up on Kelly. not because his system works, as it is built on the false assumption that any person living or dead can accurately gauge his edge and place a numerical value on it. But it is good information to consume and in the course of which you will also be exposed to Gamblers Ruin.

Or find a syndicate that will let you buy in for $100.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

best method in taking 100$ and making it into 1k

Lie in wait at nearest ATM with stun gun.................

pipita17
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ShawNee922 View Post
    Split in half and take 2 shots at hitting 5 straight ...

50----100-200-400-800-1600

Repeat as necessary...

5-0 gives you 1600 and you have 32 tries at it before you are out 1600$ ...

Stringing 5 wins together isn't too hard if you use discipline ...
    works..

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Find a penny stock that is being touted by promoters and put all 100 in it. Let it move a few cents and padow!

pipita17
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    Find a penny stock that is being touted by promoters and put all 100 in it. Let it move a few cents and padow!
    alo slanino jebem te u nick! pozz
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jumpsquat

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Heres wat you do go buy a box of baking soda around $2.99 this leaves ya with $$96.99 go down to your local colored area and ask for a 1.5 of soft then go home mix a little baking soda in with it and little water heat up stir then put on ice in the freezer for a couple minutes then go to local trailer park and youll have $200

pipita17
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Heres wat you do go buy a box of baking soda around $2.99 this leaves ya with $$96.99 go down to your local colored area and ask for a 1.5 of soft then go home mix a little baking soda in with it and little water heat up stir then put on ice in the freezer for a couple minutes then go to local trailer park and youll have $200
    jesus..get a life

ikimiki
    ikimiki's Avatar Become A Pro!

"How to Gamble if You Must : Inequalities for Stochastic Processes" by Dubins and Savage (1965)

advocates 'bold play' -- the strategy that at every fortune x, 0 < x < g stakes the entire fortune x or just
    enough to reach the goal g, whichever is smaller, given that the bettor has access to fair bets with probability p < 1/2.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

There is no solid advice for turning $100 into $1000

However, if I was desperate; I would put it all on a 4 team parlay with two spread picks and two totals.

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by cala56 View Post
    Work. Travelodge is looking for housekeeping.

is so much nice!

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    $5 is overbetting. Stick to $1, if your bankroll is $100. If you don't have the discipline to do this with a small bankroll, how can you hope to succeed when you have a large bankroll?

But before you bet, spend $20 of your bankroll on these two books. Read up.
    Sharp Sports Betting (Wong)
    Weighing the Odds in Sports Betting (King)
    if $1 is amount make on the betting then whens have the planning make arrive on the $1,000? and! how many is the wagers total number yous make? 3,000 wagers? what is frequents or % on the success of wagers?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by mcfugly View Post
    I love how most people on here seem to be 100% certain that they are right no matter what they're talking about. To me, ridiculously strict bankroll management is not necessary when dealing with a roll this small, because you can always reload in the off chance that you do lose it before you build it up a bit. That being said, I definitely wouldn't take anything away from someone who is willing to use strict BM at these kind of stakes - it will just be slow as hell
    Reloading is a losers mentality. It will undoubtedly happen to you. You have that "if I lose, I can just reload" mentality that the books need to make money. Your entire post is highly questionable because eveyone knows that you lose overall with parlays, so you may be having a bit of luck now, but talk to me at the end of the season, and do NOT forget to tell us how many times you reloaded.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    If the only goal is to take $100 into $1,000 then go purchase 100 scratch off lotto tickets. If you plan to continue on in sports betting, then here is the reality.

Find a capper that can consistently hit 55% or better (less than 1% of this board). And don't avoid parlays if you find someone that can hit in the neighborhood of 58% consistently.

Even with that, the reality is you can expect to make like 4% max per year in sportsbetting, unless one of the many sharps here can refute that with statistical data.

I'd start with books J7 mentioned, but also read up on Kelly. not because his system works, as it is built on the false assumption that any person living or dead can accurately gauge his edge and place a numerical value on it. But it is good information to consume and in the course of which you will also be exposed to Gamblers Ruin.

Or find a syndicate that will let you buy in for $100.
    Basically, you are right, but you miss on the 4%. Right now I am currently at 45-34-1 0n my spreadsheet in here. (anyone can see it) I wager to win 100 units, and I am up 760 units on a 57% win ratio. That figures out to a 9% ROI, not 4%.

First 123 Last