Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20357

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Surprised
    not from lots of us though

Bleeth
    Bleeth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

Yeas indeed, they will take as much as 6000 EUR from me on almost any market. Unfortunately the odds shouldn't be above 1.001 in that case.

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yes they do. Even weird sports like handball where Pinny limits bets at $25, you can bet a few hundred on 365. I'm pretty sure they will limit the hell outta you if you do well on those though.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Jj what do you mean (seems) and big bets I bet about 100 quid on some events

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by superjeff24 View Post
    Yes they do. Even weird sports like handball where Pinny limits bets at $25, you can bet a few hundred on 365. I'm pretty sure they will limit the hell outta you if you do well on those though.
    I think that rather than quoting how much stake they will let you bet it would be better to compare how much they will stand you to win as it seemed to me when last able to play there that was how they were setting my stake limits.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

jj - enjoy while you can those above-market odds at max amounts.

won't be long...

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Been making a living from bet365 since 2009, still not limited

Degenerate
    Degenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

They'll only keep taking the bets if you lose.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
    They'll only keep taking the bets if you lose.
    Not necessarily true. The chap I mentioned before has been winning there for years and hasn't been restricted.

Not sure what the secret is.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

JJ how would you know? You got runners like billy walters?

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet £5k + on b365 daily (single bets) and have been using them for years without being limited. Great book if you know how to use them. Strangest thing I ever encountered was paddypower, placed one small bet which lost, and got limited to £1 or somehting dumb - can only assume my name is on some type of list.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you compare all the books Bet365 is right up there as a high limit book

Its does sound strange though because we here guys having small limits

barba
    barba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Sorry, you must be a high steak player than and nobody can understand what are you saying. I am betting at bet365 for 8 years and I don't see any big changes in betting limits, prematch or live. For majority of sports they are high and for some sports you wouldn't expect, they are actually huge. So, what is the big news?

barba
    barba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

From my perspective baseball is weird sport, not handball. And in handball live betting they will let you win 2400 euros on handicap and 1200 euros on totals. No one can match that, even close, only Ladbrokes maybe, but I will like to so can anyone bet live on that sport for one week and still not receive a limit.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by barba View Post
    Sorry, you must be a high steak player than and nobody can understand what are you saying. I am betting at bet365 for 8 years and I don't see any big changes in betting limits, prematch or live. For majority of sports they are high and for some sports you wouldn't expect, they are actually huge. So, what is the big news?
    The Barber so many clowns here to claim they got limited to $10 a game after they won some cash

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

The Barber so many clowns here to claim they got limited to $10 a game after they won some cash
    It's not a claim. It's the truth. Bet things they don't like and it happens.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    It's not a claim. It's the truth. Bet things they don't like and it happens.
    Many people bet for years without limits or just with small adjustments

I think many people lie about having limits cut real small or they took shots at the book with bad lines

There is more that meets the eye with posters on the forum and off the forum

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

You don't have to win to be limited there. They will cut people from certain countries even for making bets at market odds.

shari91

I think many people lie about having limits cut real small or they took shots at the book with bad lines

I'm sure some do. But I know I'm not and I didn't even win money on the bet type I was limited on. Now I'm smarter about my bets with them. Live and learn.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    You don't have to win to be limited there. They will cut people from certain countries even for making bets at market odds.
    Yeah that's what happened to me. The worst part is that these Euro books don't explain anything to you so you have to figure out the reason for yourself. They just cut and paste the same standard answer over and over.

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7801

After some ev+ bets they will limit everyone. And I dont know anybody who is not limited at bet3.65

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some romanian people once asked me to place bets for them on Romanian football games via b365. It was set up through a third party like it was some gangster shit. Turned out it was about 3,000$ and I just laughed and declined. So yes bet types/countires would make a difference and rightly so. And why should bookies explain to people why they can't bet when they identify very high risk areas for them. I'm sure some people get catogorised wrongly but thats a different story. So many scum bag shits about you can't blame an organisation to take steps to protect themselves.

jjgold

It could be territorial as far as cutting limits

Sportsbet.AU takes small limits from UK residents but Aussie residents can bet much more on many events

laconic
    laconic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1891

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Yeah that's what happened to me. The worst part is that these Euro books don't explain anything to you so you have to figure out the reason for yourself. They just cut and paste the same standard answer over and over.
    You can demand a Subject Access Request under 1998 Data Protection Act to find out all info they are holding on you. I did it with one book but they stonewalled me with name rank and serial number. Couldn't be bothered taking it any further with the Information Commissioner because I knew they'd never take a bet again anyway.

Bleeth
    Bleeth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

I don't get why would someone lie about getting limited, what's there to gain. I got limited to 6-24 EUR max winnings after about a month of betting there. My biggest bet was about 600 and average about 100-200 EUR, and i was only a few hundreds in profit when i got limited (and didn't make any withdrawals). The only 2 reasons for getting limited i can think of are my country of origin (territorial discrimination) or taking only the bets where they have the best price on the market (and we're not talking bad lines here, i rarely even see them on bet365 )(but c'mon who doesn't do that, you got to take the best price on the market if you wanna give yourself a chance of some profit, it's hard enough this way ). It could be that i wouldn't be limited if i took @1.50 prices when the market average was @1.70 but is it worth having an account there if that's the only way i can bet.
    Last edited by Bleeth; 04-10-12 at 10:00 AM.

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I have been making a good solid profit from bet365 for years now, and I'm not limited.
    And I'm a high staker. So I don't see why they would limit anybody, unless you're making maybe 10000$ a month or something.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

I havent been limited there, I have a max 3000 win in each bet, does that make me a loser

laconic
    laconic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1891

Most people will lean toward that opinion which chimes in with their own personal experience. For me, that is the one aligned to the epithet Bet3.65

Albania
    Albania's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 622

Quote Originally Posted by meckis View Post
    After some ev+ bets they will limit everyone. And I dont know anybody who is not limited at bet3.65
    that is true to a friend of mine happened that he betted 1000 euro stake on live event he wined and imediatly was limited in the max profit.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's too obvious JJ...you work for sbr, 3.65 = sponsor...
    do some vids instead, thanks

jjgold

Many of the guys here can bet decent amounts

I think I proved my point

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

what is this bullshit, JJ you are a legend.
    3.65 is a legend too, well known for limiting to pennies.

JJ don't change the basics, or we fire you.

123 Last