t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

LA KINGS BABY!!
    Richards and Carter will be distracted by these broads and it could cost them the series.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I don't know, I think you're off on pretty much every statement you made this thread, lakerboy.

VAN, even without Sedin, are still a very well built team. That defense is deep, the goaltending tandem are strong, and the forwards are fast and strong. LA has been inconsistent all season on offense, not sure where all the hype is coming from. I agree VAN (specifically Luongo) are choke artists but that's later on. First round elimination is incredibly unlikely.

You say OTT won't touch NYR/Lundqvist? They won the season series 3-1. Other than Lundqvist and one line of offense, NYR aren't really all that impressive. Not saying OTT is going to win but I don't think it's as lopsided as you're making it out to be.

And then to say the regular season isn't important? This isn't the NBA, the regular season means a lot. You don't finish top in the NHL by being weak. You overlooking it is pretty fukking retarded, pal.
    This man is a true sharp listen to him

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Lakerboy your kidding with Carter right................................... ........im debating if this thread is a joke. Only thing that points to Vancouver not winning the series is the questionable line opening which caught my eye. Books knew Vancouver was going to be pounded yet they opened so low compared to the -105 they are to win the west......that is the only that keeps from absoultely annihilating this line.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?

Without Carter the Kings would be sitting home on their couches eating twinkies. They were the lowest scoring team in the league (remeber how there unders were the easiest things ever before his acquistion) Then he came along and they started scoring and skating. Now your saying they should revert back to their old ways of hoping Quick stands on his head every game for a chance for them to win.

Seriously, even if they play to a low scoring series, Canucks STILL have the advantage as Kings dont have have the goalscoring talent the Nucks have.

If the series turns into a shootout.......Kings dont have the firepower, speed etc to hang with the nucks.

It seems too easy IMO and that is the 1 thing that is worrying me

DennisGreen
    Update your status

LB I think you are letting your ex Flyers love (Carter,Richards) cloud your judgement a bit here. Luongo won't be exposed by a defensive, trapping team. Look how he did against Nashville last year. LA will not have their way with him and if they somehow do Schneider will be there waiting. This will come down to scoring not goaltending and VAN has a huge edge. LA is far from an intimidating team also so the "VAN are gutless cowards" argument will not apply to this series.

1sob
    1sob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

van wil be in one tough battle im not betting either team
    just bet unders and thank me every game

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

yes VAN is a well built team. yes LA is inconsistent. Jonathan Quick is the real deal, though. But LA cant score for their freaking life. jeff carter helped them. but they are terrible on road. Look at their road record. they are awful. and they aren't immaculate at home like St. Louis or Detroit is... so its not like if they just get 1 road win they will steal series. Of course its hockey and anything can happen. penalties and goaltending are big x factors. but i have just been unimpressed with the LA kings almost every time ive watched them this year. they look very sloppy at times. obviously nothing is a lock and we've seen shit happen in the playoffs before. but gotta think VAN has the edge.

i think that NYR will get past Ottawa. to say that skill of lundqvist wont be a factor is foolish. they are solid defensively, well coached, play a good system, and have solid goaltending. gotta think the edge goes to NYR there. As always, anything can happen. Ottawa has played well this year. Not saying it will be a cakewalk...but tough to think the Rangers aren't the better team at this point.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quick will stand on his head.
    But, the Nucks will score.
    Queens won't.

Nuff said.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by mikea33 View Post
    Without Carter the Kings would be sitting home on their couches eating twinkies. They were the lowest scoring team in the league (remeber how there unders were the easiest things ever before his acquistion) Then he came along and they started scoring and skating. Now your saying they should revert back to their old ways of hoping Quick stands on his head every game for a chance for them to win.

Seriously, even if they play to a low scoring series, Canucks STILL have the advantage as Kings dont have have the goalscoring talent the Nucks have.

If the series turns into a shootout.......Kings dont have the firepower, speed etc to hang with the nucks.

It seems too easy IMO and that is the 1 thing that is worrying me
    this thread is far from a joke. you will find out in due time how accurate this thread is.

the fact that i posted la to advance before the books came out with a low line to open should tell you more than you need to know.

i have predicted playoff upsets in mlb/nba and nhl on this site time and again over the past 3 years.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

love the ignore feature....it's great guys...try using it....it's great at filtering out the rubbish on sbr...

guil0000
    guil0000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2115

I agree with the guy who mentioned that Carter's health is key. Anyone with an update on him? This is the guy you want here. A big forward who is playing with a chip on his shoulder and as turned this team around since coming here. He and Richards have experience, and I'm sure they will put up a fight here.

usernametaken
    usernametaken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 828

The Canucks have been the best team in the NHL for 2 years. They went to game 7 last year. They are the best road team. They are getting healthy. They know what it takes to win. Unless a team like the Rangers or Penguins want it more and are willing to do anything to win,the Canucks barring a goalie breakdown should win. I live in Vancouver and the pressure to win is unbearable on them which might make them choke.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Quote Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
    The Canucks have been the best team in the NHL for 2 years. They went to game 7 last year. They are the best road team. They are getting healthy. They know what it takes to win. Unless a team like the Rangers or Penguins want it more and are willing to do anything to win,the Canucks barring a goalie breakdown should win. I live in Vancouver and the pressure to win is unbearable on them which might make them choke.
    Well said. The pressure is probably the only thing that can beat the Canucks. Louie needs a psychiatrist or something...

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Quote Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
    Just because your the best team in the NHL year after year, doesn't make you a favorite. Just ask the San Jose sharks....
    I dont think this series is gonna be as easy as the canucks think its gonna be...

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    I dont think this series is gonna be as easy as the canucks think its gonna be...
    Haven't heard a single canuck say it's going to be an easy series. Unless by "canuck" you mean some canuck poster

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

we'll see..

DennisGreen
    Update your status

It will be a grind and close every game but I still think Nucks win in 5 or 6.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

If the Kings hit +200...(or get very close).........way too much value to pass.
    Last edited by William Walters; 04-10-12 at 04:31 PM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

+2.5 Kings -230 Would this be a lock to some of you who like the Kings???

5dimes has so many props on the series you could spend a whole day making bets.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    +2.5 Kings -230 Would this be a lock to some of you who like the Kings???

5dimes has so many props on the series you could spend a whole day making bets.
    Wow those are pretty good odds. Most series on average go around 6 so you'd probably do pretty well betting those series spreads.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Richards and Carter will be distracted by these broads and it could cost them the series.
    Wow.

rach
    rach's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by jonorussell View Post
    Canucks 4 - 1 or 4 - 2.

You don't win the presidents trophy 2 years in a row being shit.
    Well being in possibly the worst division in 25 years sure helped. If the Sedins thought Dave Bolland was a handful, they're in for a shock facing Richards.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post
    Well being in possibly the worst division in 25 years sure helped. If the Sedins thought Dave Bolland was a handful, they're in for a shock facing Richards.
    Comparing Richards to Bolland really? Richards is a nancy boy he isn't gonna be an irritant like Bolland was.

jmathes
    jmathes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    this thread is far from a joke. you will find out in due time how accurate this thread is.

the fact that i posted la to advance before the books came out with a low line to open should tell you more than you need to know.

i have predicted playoff upsets in mlb/nba and nhl on this site time and again over the past 3 years.

once again i must chime in and say you are an absolute joke. all you do is pick underdogs so of course one of them is going to win from time to time.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    We can argue all day long my friend but luongo was awful in the finals. How many goals did he allow in the other 5 games?
    good luck with your bet but Canucks are going to be playing in the finals again

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Canucks line now all the way up to -224 from -160 It finally hit what I expected it to open at.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Canucks line now all the way up to -224 from -160 It finally hit what I expected it to open at.
    Yet the line dropped for Van in game 1??? Something isn't right here

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post
    Have you seen any of LA's game this season? Richards is a fukking ghost, pal. Even more useless than the ghosts on SBR. Every single LA backer in this thread must think Gretzky is on the team or something because I have no idea what upside they see. Quick unproven, Kopitar unproven, Williams injury prone, Carter and Richards underperforming, Doughty has lost a step... against a VAN team that year after year have depth at every position.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Yet the line dropped for Van in game 1??? Something isn't right here
    Well LA stands a much better chance of winning game one than the series. It may have dropped because now it sounds like D. Sedin may not play game one after all and it sounds like Carter will play for LA.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

This will be a long series

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Vancouver vs Pittsburg in the final.. There you go..

lakerboy

Lots of burials coming in round 1. Faves being chalked up. Expect a few long series.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

i bet all underdogs today big myself. had a sick feeling that the underdogs murder teams in the first round.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?

yup vanc pitt was my prediction at the begining and I like the odds of that staying.

I locked up Bruins series too.
    Sedin out tonight so im prob laying off the game.

Lakerboy....throughout the arguing i never said BOL.......we all got the same goal bol buddy

lakerboy

Thanks mike.

Kings series price has dropped to +178.

First 123456 ... Last