biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Greg Williams Speech before Niners game, sickening to listen too

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

Greg Williams might be finished in this league or gone for a very long time.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

great speech

soft ass liberals might have a heart attack and their vaginas might squish up into a crumpled croissant....

so I recommend for weak ass bitches like Emily Haines to not listen to this. otherwise, this is business as usual

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

football coaches have been telling players to give the other team brain injuries for years, nothing new here. sad though.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I wonder if they were "shocked" when the 49ers won Williams is a psycho

Has nothing to do with politics baskets he's talking about purposely injuring players, you can compete at a high physical level without playing dirty

Saints are a joke now

The uniform is a joke

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cougar, I don't think you've followed the nfl for more than 5 minutes

this is regular stuff

soft ass bitches like E.Haines will most likely have their anuses up in an outroar

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Been watching NFL since 1984.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

That's football, love it.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Cougar is right, you're better off playing smart and just focusing on your job, not giving away stupid penalties as a defensive player rather than trying to kill people and snap their neck. All that tough talk and they gave up how many points that game? lol.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Yet they were crying when Pierre Thomas was KO'ed with a concussion. Pathetic. Hypocrites.

All the Saints fans calling it dirty.....

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    Cougar, I don't think you've followed the nfl for more than 5 minutes

this is regular stuff

soft ass bitches like E.Haines will most likely have their anuses up in an outroar
    Yup, they should get a practice player on the field and completely take out Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers for their careers.
    Nothing to lose.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

man this is football the guy is firing up his troops. its war out there its a barbaric game. imo i dont think he really wants to see guys get killed or get brain injuries he just wants his team to have a killer instinct

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

The only thing wrong with his speech is specifically naming players.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I like it

More coaches should be like him

Fukk goodell
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4829

Players are soft.

Conrad Dobler, Jack Lambert, Jack Younglood, Joe Greene would never need to have a speech like this directed at them.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

The world has change...

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4829

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Regardless of what you think of it, this will sink Greg Williams even further. This has erased any doubt from before about his intentions.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

When greg williams starts selling insurance there will be a bounty on the buyers heads too.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14540

Damn - that is some speech. Could make a good movie out of all this.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is done in nfl

100000%

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I saw nothing wrong with the speech until he mentioned the ACL. He was obviously bringing it up, to make the players aware that he was returning from an injury but of course he was doing it to remind them to attack it.

The other stuff is regular football coach speak that high schoolers hear.

Of course this is 1000x worse if the hand motions that he is accused of doing during this speech are true.
    Last edited by WvGambler; 04-05-12 at 04:33 PM.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

awesome

zoo youk

really think this punk puzzy Roger Goodell forgets this game is FOOTBALL a BARBARIC sport with the worlds best athletes and strongest men competing and hitting each other at the highest level. Goodell is going to kill the NFL.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    really think this punk puzzy Roger Goodell forgets this game is FOOTBALL a BARBARIC sport with the worlds best athletes and strongest men competing and hitting each other at the highest level. Goodell is going to kill the NFL.

Goodell has no choice but to enforce the actions he has taken against players getting injured. This isn't about Goodell being soft, he is simply protecting his product against inevitable lawsuits that will be filed by former players. If a jury thought for one second that the NFL didn't do all it could to protect its workers from brain injuries, how many billions of dollars would be awarded? They could shut the entire league down with litigation.

Goodell has no choice. Its a different world today. People sue McDonald's because their coffee was hot. How much do you think you could get for permanent brain damage which could have been prevented?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Goodell is going to kill the NFL.
    Funny you say that, I think he's doing an outstanding job.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    great speech

soft ass liberals might have a heart attack and their vaginas might squish up into a crumpled croissant....

so I recommend for weak ass bitches like Emily Haines to not listen to this. otherwise, this is business as usual

What does this have to do with politics? You bring boring politics into every fukking post on here. It's boring. Everyone's sick of it.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16129

look at the BITE marks ole Jim Brown had on him from Sam Huff and the NY Giants

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

well, thats what living is, the six inches in front of your face!!!!

but no seriously, the worst part about the speech was him mentioning to "kill his [frank gore's] head"... if only he said "hit him hard" or something... he wouldn't have dug this hole for himself.

but really, I could care less if a coach wants to pump his players up and takes it to far, everyone is already trying to hit each other as hard as they possibly can already. So now that my coach is offering me 1/1000th of my salary as a bonus and yells a lot, I'm going to go cheap shot people every chance I get and risk penalizing my team/getting suspended?

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

You fukking simple-minded fools. This is not ok.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave Vitooch 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

We should hear George bush audio...just be bless you live in America USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwilliams is doing his job

Gbush is doing his job

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Goodell has no choice but to enforce the actions he has taken against players getting injured. This isn't about Goodell being soft, he is simply protecting his product against inevitable lawsuits that will be filed by former players. If a jury thought for one second that the NFL didn't do all it could to protect its workers from brain injuries, how many billions of dollars would be awarded? They could shut the entire league down with litigation.

Goodell has no choice. Its a different world today. People sue McDonald's because their coffee was hot. How much do you think you could get for permanent brain damage which could have been prevented?
    good points opie. I totally agree about concussions and what not leading to brain damage. I'm all for everything against the helmet to helmet hits and head hunting but other than that I think its getting out of control with the over protection.

sure you don't want guys intentionally going after ACLs to take a players career/season away...but IMO its just a bad choice in wording that Williams used to try to fire up his guys. In the back of the players mind I don't really think they really want to harm another player like that, these guys don't hate each other anymore like they used too...they are all friends..all smiling, laughs, hanging out after the game...theres no hatred like there used to be in the old days so i dont believe these guys are going to go out and intentionally hurt "their boys", so these coaches gotta go to the extremes to milk these guys for all their worth to bring out the animal in them, especially with the amount of money they are making these days, its so easy for them to dog it and take plays off.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

He is done. Regardless if a billion coaches do it, if you get caught saying this shit the NFL has no choice but to bury you. They can't have a public image that this isn't a huge deal.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Hope he saved some money because he will never coach at any level of football for a long time. For a guy who never played at a high level to ask his players to go and intentionally try to injure an opponent shows what a pussy he is. Football is just a game and to try and potentially end someone's livelihood is unacceptable. Opie laid out plain and simple why Goodell had to come down so hard on all involved. I'm actually thinking he let Payton, Loomis and Vitt off lightly since they all had knowledge of it.

Brees has to be a little concerned opponents don't target him as retaliation.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

How many players have the Saints intentionally hurt the last few years?

I know that the Bears lost Bennett for 5-6 games b/c of a dirty head to head hit over the middle against the Saints which put the Bears in a bad situation as he was our best receiver last year... I assume every fan could think of a few plays against their favorite team from the Saints that seem dirty.

Saints are lucky they didn't get worse punishment to be honest. They have ruined at the very least a couple of guys' seasons.

12 Last