DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    A true confession: I was once a liberal

Many believes are still liberal. But when it comes to taxes and general economics I part company with my liberal brothers. High taxes act as high vig. The more that is extracted from the economy the less the economy will grow. Too much taxes and the economy will shrink until there is none. We are teetering on the road to none. Democrats did not always believe in redistribution. Google John F. Kennedy's economic plan and you will see it was crafted around significant tax reductions similar to the ones Republicans are now advocating.
    I am exactly the same way. Look up the meaning of liberal nowadays. It's nothing like the original meaning at all.

Liberalism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and the free exercise of religion.

That is almost the complete opposite of the meaning today.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

On a side note I really think Romney and Paul Ryan got something going, I think he should be VP people will smarten up we don't need a Spanish VP to get there vote

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Problem with highly educated white liberals is that most of them have no experience... pretty much in all areas.... hence their naive views on blacks, Mexicans, illegals, etc.

A guy from a ghetto knocks on the door of a white liberal's $800,000 house at 3am in the morning... and the white liberal lets him in for milk and cookies. 2 hours later the house is looted, his wife is raped, his throat is slashed and his children are shot to death....

.... "Well, he looked like a wholesome fellow who might be a little down on his luck so I let him in. He asked for milk and cookies and well, aww shucks, I've got a soft spot for milk and cookies. Two hours later it was a terrible experience. But I believe in kindness so I'm going to pay the guy's bail and put his kids through college... his kids that he's never met. I feel it's my duty to help that poor guy out .... even if he slit my throat and raped my wife and killed my kids. Heck, gosh gee shucks, I'm a liberal. We believe in the goodness of people."

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I am exactly the same way. Look up the meaning of liberal nowadays. It's nothing like the original meaning at all.

Liberalism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and the free exercise of religion.

That is almost the complete opposite of the meaning today.
    That looks about right..

Tell me dwightie, whats has oreilly brainwashed into your head?

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    Problem with highly educated white liberals is that most of them have no experience... pretty much in all areas.... hence their naive views on blacks, Mexicans, illegals, etc.

A guy from a ghetto knocks on the door of a white liberal's $800,000 house at 3am in the morning... and the white liberal lets him in for milk and cookies. 2 hours later the house is looted, his wife is raped, his throat is slashed and his children are shot to death....

.... "Well, he looked like a wholesome fellow who might be a little down on his luck so I let him in. He asked for milk and cookies and well, aww shucks, I've got a soft spot for milk and cookies. Two hours later it was a terrible experience. But I believe in kindness so I'm going to pay the guy's bail and put his kids through college... his kids that he's never met. I feel it's my duty to help that poor guy out .... even if he slit my throat and raped my wife and killed my kids. Heck, gosh gee shucks, I'm a liberal. We believe in the goodness of people."
    You confuse liberals with Mormons. Mormons would do that cause its christian. Most upper class liberals shudder away from minors. If that happended to an upper class liberal he would let the guy rot in jail and write an opinion to the NY times blaming republicans for the attack.

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

I can't tell if you're serious when you guys are talking about Fox being educated and fair. It's gotten a LOT better with people like Judge Napolitano and Ben Swann airing on Fox, but as a whole, they are very, very biased. As are all the liberal stations.

And I'm a slightly right leaning Libertarian. I hate republicans, but I REALLY hate democrats. And I'm with the liberals that Fox is just as bad as NBC, etc.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    You confuse liberals with Mormons. Mormons would do that cause its christian. Most upper class liberals shudder away from minors. If that happended to an upper class liberal he would let the guy rot in jail and write an opinion to the NY times blaming republicans for the attack.
    lol, I think you're talking about Emily Haines there.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    I can't tell if you're serious when you guys are talking about Fox being educated and fair. It's gotten a LOT better with people like Judge Napolitano and Ben Swann airing on Fox, but as a whole, they are very, very biased. As are all the liberal stations.

And I'm a slightly right leaning Libertarian. I hate republicans, but I REALLY hate democrats. And I'm with the liberals that Fox is just as bad as NBC, etc.
    Pretty much in your corner too. I have seen such a negative insider view of how conservative power-play types manipulate their following, that it sickens me badly. Sure, the same thing happens on the other side too, though. Rich people look at the poor and middle class through a lens that sees how they can support their agendas. Shameful.

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody said that fox isn't biased. But to
    purposely doctor something to stir up race tensions is despicable

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Any white person who is a leftist and watches MSNBC has a disease, not debatable. Even with an overt example of manipulation like this, sheep will still be sheep

Fox News is a shill house and hardly better though. Anyone regularly watching cable news is a dupe, but in terms of pissing in your face as a non-minority, MSNBC takes the cake

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    1.There is a reason fox dominates ratings,
    2. they have liberals on fox msnbc has 0 repubs,maybe Michael steel a little but he's a clown

1. Fox dominates because it's more entertaining, also liberals watch it to see what's up with the other side. Howard Stern at his most popular had just as many haters listening as fans.

2. Totally false...Republican candidates do an MSNBC interview much more often than a Democrat does a Fox interview. This is obvious after only a few days of watching both channels.

Fox news's most popular show, Bill O'reilly, averages between 2-3 million viewers, that's less than 1% of the U.S. population. Turns out no one really watches cable news.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Number 1 reason FOX has such high ratings.

Their viewer base is conservative. The people that are generally too stuck to realize there is much better information on the Internet, or don't know how to access the internet.

Liberals and Independents usually don't use the television to have someone spout an agenda'd view of the news.

Meaning, once again, it is the generally misinformed or people who can only handle like minded idealouges, who get their info from the television.

It would be like trying to cap a game without looking up, updated stats on the internet and instead using only ESPN. You're behind, and most likely wrong.

Flashmo
    Flashmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24315

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Do you believe that Fox is not biased? Do you think Fox news' audience would be pissed if they showed liberals who did a better job arguing their points of views? Or, do you think that Fox's audiences would prefer liberal pundits, who constantly look bad when participating in round table discussions? Trust me, it's all very calculated on both sides ends of the news spectrum.
    There ARE no liberals who can argue their point better

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    A true confession: I was once a liberal

Many believes are still liberal. But when it comes to taxes and general economics I part company with my liberal brothers. High taxes act as high vig. The more that is extracted from the economy the less the economy will grow. Too much taxes and the economy will shrink until there is none. We are teetering on the road to none. Democrats did not always believe in redistribution. Google John F. Kennedy's economic plan and you will see it was crafted around significant tax reductions similar to the ones Republicans are now advocating.
    The democrat back then was a borderline republican of today...

The republican of today is basically a moderate democrat...

and if your a liberal in today's times, you're a fukkin communist...

put aside all your agenda driven bullshit, forget about what color you are for 2 seconds and listen to what this guy says... take 30 minutes out of your life and learn something.. This was 50 years ago!!! He was warning you exactly what was gonna happen...

Now go argue about Trayvon you fukkin clowns...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

bottom line: we are never gonna agree on this issue. There have been several threads about FOX News and there will no doubt be several more. Nothing with get accomplished. Politics brings out the worst in a lot of us and topics like this only proves it.

Fox News attracts more liberal-minded common-sense free-enterprise free-thinking individuals
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-06-12 at 03:17 PM.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    The democrat back then was a borderline republican of today...

The republican of today is basically a moderate democrat...

and if your a liberal in today's times, you're a fukkin communist...

Depending on the era, sure - there was an idealogical shift in the parties, around the time of the new deal.

However, you have a Regan video. In today's times many of his position on issues would be classified liberal-esque, including this redistribution misnomer.

If you are a moderate democrat today, you were most likely in line with a moderate republican of 20-30 years ago. If you are a moderate republican today, you were most likely in the staunch conservative group. If you are a staunch conservative today - I can't even think where you would fall, maybe something along the lines of an isolationist. If you are a liberal democrat today, you were most likely in line with that of a moderate democrat of yesterday.

There has been a severe ideological shift to the right recently. This country is about as conservative as it gets. A liberal here would damn near be considered a conservative in every other free-thinking 1st world country. A hard-core conservative would be a fanatic in most of those countries.

However, the I of today and the I of yesterday, are essentially the same - they believe in a very obvious set of principles, and the lines don't get too mushy. They general lean right on most ideas of government and economy. Civil liberties issues is where I's differ, but they mainly vote on where a candidate/bill stands, instead of a party line.

If you're not a registered I in today's bullshit political climate - you're most likely confused of what your party really stands for.

To keep on point, FOX News, MSNBC, Al Jazeera, etc are part of the problem.

First 12