ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Ok guys, its week 2 and after going 4-0 last week let's hope we can clean up once again.

Posted below are LEANS for week 2. Remember, tail or fade and as always let's get us some $$...

Brisbane Lions +20.5 L
    Port Adelaide +25.5
    Fremantle Dockers +6.5 (they play well at the SCG)
    West Coast Eagles -47.5
    Adelaide Crows -29.5
    Hawthorn Hawks -11.5

Discussion and input are appreciated. Cheers and may all our wagers be winners...
    Last edited by ACoochy; 04-05-12 at 07:04 AM.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I jumped on Port the other day and have been debating the Carlton/Brisbane match this morning. Not sure what I'm going to do there. I think Brisbane can keep it close but something's holding me back from taking that line.

Will pop back in here when I decide.

ACoochy

Shari thankyou.

Would have agreed with the Lions/Blues match had it not been played at the Gabba.

Actually like their chances SU (so early in the season) here but will play safe with the number...GL

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

i can see the blues doing what they did to richmond and blowing them out late, too much love for brisbane so early

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    i can see the blues doing what they did to richmond and blowing them out late, too much love for brisbane so early
    I'd agree if match was being held after round 5 or so but can see them carrying early season form into this game to keep this one tight.

Blues really didn't impress me last week (except Mr Betts) and playing away I expect them to still struggle, esp with the humidity late in the game...GL

Chozzdogg
    Chozzdogg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Brisbane did play a half decent game, and being at the gabba will help, but that was against melbourne who played one of the shittest games i've ever seen so i'm not sure of brissy can replicate that against a possible top 4 side

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Waiting for the total to be released.

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

Total 190.5...playing over for a unit

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    I'd agree if match was being held after round 5 or so but can see them carrying early season form into this game to keep this one tight.

Blues really didn't impress me last week (except Mr Betts) and playing away I expect them to still struggle, esp with the humidity late in the game...GL
    my angle for the blues is all about their "perception" as a team, lots of media bagging about calrtons horrible preseason, they come out and smash the tigers, they were impressive in stages of the game and slept in others, I believe carlton will continue to come out playing hard and determined to win these early round games as a f*** you to the people who doubted them. brisbane are young, they played melbourne nothing special there, now they play against a premier midfield, lets see how they go. also the public are hitting brisbane in last few hours, another reason i enjoy carlton line.

Domestic

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    Total 190.5...playing over for a unit
    Yeah, hopefully it goes over. Considering Brisbane were involved in a 197 point game last week despite a pretty slow scoring start.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Yeah, I don't understand all the love for Brisbane. They beat Melbourne - big deal! There must be a lot of love for Brisbane as the line has dropped to 18.5 now. Same thing happened last week against Richmond and they blew them away in the end. It looks like it will take a few weeks for people to give a bit of respect to the blues. I fell for it last week, but im not falling for it again.

GL everyone.

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought the blues weren't bad last week. The round 1 matches with the tigers always have a big build-up, so the tigers were always going to have a good patch, and taking out a burst of 10 minutes or so, the blues won the rest of the game by 11-12 goals. I can't say their opponents are much tougher, but the travel factor does come in. Added to that, Carlton rarely have games where they don't have a poor patch, and they usually do enough in the rest of the game to cover. Think I'll be sticking with the blues personally.

GL to everyone playing.

Bic
    Bic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Brisbane have played Carlton really well in the past (3-4 o the last 5 under 10 points) but that was due to big Johnno Brown playing. He is out. The only weakness in this Carlton side is their backline. Nobody poses a threat there. (Rockliff surely won't get another 9 shots at goal). Carlton will win this by 6 goals, as they take the foot off the gas in the last term. Look for the domination in the 3rd quarter where they break the game open. Take advantage of this line.

ACoochy

Careful with the 'yeah it was only the demons' reasoning guys as using the same mentality id say 'yeah it was only the tigers'.

Im sure as of this moment no-one expects them to be in top 8 contention? Will struggle to make the top 12 if they keep repeating performances like that...

Believe Tigers arent too far off the Demons in terms of form from what ive seen, so im not reading into that reasoning.

Blues were struggling against tigers until Eddie Betts created the spark the Blues needed. He did play a stellar game imo...

GL guys...

kingsr

Whats's your play Cooch?

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cooch i'm liking the lions tonight. Brisbane teams are rolling right now, great atmosphere here, let's get it

shari91

I tailed Coochy earlier on Brissie and I'm also on the over.

I'm still feeling quite iffy about this Lions play though. If they're looking like arse at HT, I'm jumping off of it somehow. GL everyone

GAMBLOR777

Lions can win in the den, sprinkle on the ML i say

kingsr

Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLOR777 View Post
    Lions can win in the den, sprinkle on the ML i say
    You at the game?

GAMBLOR777

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    You at the game?
    only in spirit

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

rats, i took carlton -19.5! Lucky it wasnt too much.

Jumping on the over with you boys.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Brisbane first to 25? +155

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I tailed Coochy earlier on Brissie and I'm also on the over.

I'm still feeling quite iffy about this Lions play though. If they're looking like arse at HT, I'm jumping off of it somehow. GL everyone
    Shari its only a lean. Didnt mean 4 u 2 play it and if u did then please tread lightly.

Decided to stay away here as can't find any definitive edge, but gut says they cover this number. Will be good to just watch 4 a change :-) GL mate and everyone else. I'll be cheerin it in 4 ya :-)
    Last edited by ACoochy; 04-05-12 at 04:28 AM.

shari91

I bet the Lions and missed the "across the way" part

Doesn't matter... when I was watching the Footy Show last night a few of them almost had me convinced to take the Lions as well. That's when I first checked the line on them so I'll blame it on those guys if my Blue Boys smoke them

brucethebear
    brucethebear's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the wire to wire as any other result as my only play.
    Ie the same team does not lead at the end of all 4 quarters.
    I expect the lions to start strong and run out of legs.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

not at all happy with coochys betting control...coochy, we are degens pal..fukkin bet something!

Carlton -19.5 for a few shackles...googluck boyz

shari91

I'm getting off the Lions at half. That crazy bounce a minute ago is a sign that I shouldn't have bet against my boys.

Richo just said it was only their second clearance??? If I get motivated to find my phone, I'll call in a live bet instead.

ACoochy

Shari what's the best mobile live scores website 4 aussie rules? Ty

Domestic

Not so fast Shari.

shari91

Shari what's the best mobile live scores website 4 aussie rules? Ty
    I use 365's mobile app. AFL site seems to be delayed a minute or two whenever I try but 365 is spot on.

Domestic, I have no faith in this team. If Carlton hadn't gone on the turps there a bit with their kicking, this already would've been a blow out. They're winning almost every battle for the ball. Good to see as a fan but not when I have money on the other side

Domestic

Oh well, I at least hope Bisbane keep it close until half time so you don't have to make a risky hedge and maybe end up with a middle.

ACoochy

Guys am I missing something? Not watching game but from what I see there's a 4 point difference at quarter time, yet u guys r talking like its over??

shari91

Guys am I missing something? Not watching game but from what I see there's a 4 point difference at quarter time, yet u guys r talking like its over??
    Yes Carlton had 4 or 5 set shots for a goal in a row thanks to Brisbane not even being able to clear the ball outside of their own 50 each time. Luckily for them the Blues' kicking went squirrelly for a few minutes.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I use 365's mobile app. AFL site seems to be delayed a minute or two whenever I try but 365 is spot on.

Domestic, I have no faith in this team. If Carlton hadn't gone on the turps there a bit with their kicking, this already would've been a blow out. They're winning almost every battle for the ball. Good to see as a fan but not when I have money on the other side
    Blues haven't kicked straight for years.

Coochy, check out the sportal AFL app, its pretty good for updating scores quickly.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

lions definitely wont be covering now

1234 ... Last