1. #36
    koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-21-08
    Posts: 1,829
    Betpoints: 156

    Love it....Lets Go Reds
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/15/2014


  2. #37
    HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-12-09
    Posts: 30,569

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    It's not Palmer, McNally, Dobson and Cuellar, but this isn't crap either.

    Dusty Baker will run @ least two of those guys into the ground, and ruin Latos's career. Young pitchers have no chance @ success w/Dusty.

  3. #38
    Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-21-10
    Posts: 8,928
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Dusty Baker will run @ least two of those guys into the ground, and ruin Latos's career. Young pitchers have no chance @ success w/Dusty.
    Have not seen it happen once in Cincy.

  4. #39
    PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-31-11
    Posts: 12,722
    Betpoints: 13

    Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Have not seen it happen once in Cincy.
    Maybe he has learned, but the guy is a proven moron and will never win a title.

    He once admitted to playing .190 average Lenny Harris at 3rd one day because it was hot and sunny and black guys just know how to take the heat better.

    8-1 game with Prior pitching? Lets let him go 136 pitches.

  5. #40
    Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-21-10
    Posts: 8,928
    Betpoints: 793

    I agree on some points but do you guys realize guys use to throw way more pitches than this and be perfectly fine back in the day, i know that has nothing to do with today though.

    I will say i do not agree with his managing and lineups at all. Chapman has had 1 of the best springs as a starter in all of the MLB and he moves him to the bullpen when the plan the whole off season was for him to be a starter. You don't sign a guy or 70 Million to be in the bullpen

  6. #41
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 6,273

    Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Maybe he has learned, but the guy is a proven moron and will never win a title.

    He once admitted to playing .190 average Lenny Harris at 3rd one day because it was hot and sunny and black guys just know how to take the heat better.

    8-1 game with Prior pitching? Lets let him go 136 pitches.

    Great story...
    I remember Dusty the Dolt saying that about negroes and the heat.
    A white manager spouting such idiocy would be fired on the spot and
    banned from baseball.
    A mind is a terrible thing to lose....Dustiny indeed.

  7. #42
    Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-21-10
    Posts: 8,928
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Great story...
    I remember Dusty the Dolt saying that about negroes and the heat.
    A white manager spouting such idiocy would be fired on the spot and
    banned from baseball.
    A mind is a terrible thing to lose....Dustiny indeed.

  8. #43
    PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-31-11
    Posts: 12,722
    Betpoints: 13

    Dusty was as responsible for the Cubs falling short in 2003 as Alex S. Gonzalez.

  9. #44
    jays12
    jays12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-09-10
    Posts: 251
    Betpoints: 978

    votto rocks

  10. #45
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 6,273

    The reds have to overcome bullpen woes and
    mound problems.....

    Injury Notes

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Madson, Ryan (P)
    03/25
    Out for Season
    2013
    Torn ulnar collateral ligament
    Scheduled for Tommy John surgery on April 4.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Masset, Nick (P)
    03/28
    Day-to-day
    TBD
    Right shoulder stiffness
    Likely to begin season on DL.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Smith, Jordan (P)
    03/30
    Day-to-day
    TBD
    Right elbow inflammation
    Has not pitched since March 8.

  11. #46
    HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-12-09
    Posts: 30,569

    Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Have not seen it happen once in Cincy.
    Travis Wood.

    And directly off Tommy Johns surgery was letting Volquez go 110 pitch outings...

    Dusty is aloof

  12. #47
    lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-10
    Posts: 12,875
    Betpoints: 172

    this hurts as a jays fan

    bautista lind votto lawrie would be the best hitting in baseball

  13. #48
    sweethook
    hes one of us
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-21-07
    Posts: 7,455
    Betpoints: 1724

    all these guys should get paid by the ticket sales only

First 12
Top