BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Jim Valvano nominated for sainthood worship and he was a con man turd.

Is anyone getting sick of the whole Dick Vitalle screaming on ESPN what a messiah Jim Valvano was?Just because someone dies it doesn't make them a saint.We are all going to die damnit!The last few years of Valvano's life was scandalous how he was the biggest ruthless recruiter of non qualified student athletes in a time where that stuff was at it's worst.Valvano's recruiting tactics were cartoonish where basket weaving even came into play as a required course for his players.He was a total shifty,used car dealer, cheap polyester paisley suit wearing,gaudy medalion wearing media whore.Look up used car dealer and shifty college basketball coach in the encyclopedia and they use a drawing of Valvano to depict them.Movie comedies were made loosely depicting Valvano type college basketball teams.Did Valvano ever get student aid money to pay his players to keep alligators out of the NC State gym?

Even in his death he made sure his ego came into play where he will be the one to have defeat cancer.Curing cancer is the biggest scam on earth where even the Rockefeller's profit from it.Intentionally the establishment and big pharma doesn't want a cure.Instead of curing cancer in his will,Valvano should have had it where his foundation raised money for ex college basketball players to learn to read and write.

Fitting quote about people like Vaitell and Valvano came up in an episode of the 50's western Maverick where Maverick said,my pappy told me that if someone has to get all their points across to you screaming and hollering,they usually are crooks or they don't know their manure from Scheinolla.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 12-07-11 at 10:48 AM.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I personally could give a fukk less about valvano and dickie v.

brh75
    brh75's Avatar Become A Pro!

r

roll tide

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

there is some truth to what you're saying brentcrude.

some of the non-liked guys like muhammad ali become deified once they are sick or dead

i do get a bit tired of them being proud of how much money they raise in these things (i think jimmy v has raised $115 million), that money could've probably been more wisely spent to feed and house the poor in this country.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its been 28 years pal, let it go.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

its overkill now

sick of the speech although if it is helping cancer victims cannot knock it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jesus Christ

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Op must of had a ml bet on phi slamma jamma

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

This thread is absurd, the "cardiac kids" beating houston in 83 was one of the greatest championships games I have ever seen and one of the greatest upsets ever. Valvano was a massive personality and his family is still really loved in the Raleigh area, I wish more coaches had a strong personality like that.

From the onion

Excited Mike Krzyzewski: Duke Squad Hasn't Been This Unlikable In Years

DURHAM, NC—Though cautioning that it is still early in the season, a beaming Mike Krzyzewski told reporters Monday he has not seen a Duke team this unlikable in many years, and is optimistic about the Blue Devils' chances to grow even more repulsive and annoying with practice.

"Obviously, we set the pace early with my all-time wins record and the never-ending, fawning media hoopla over that, and I think we've been able to stay consistently repellent since then," said Coach Krzyzewski, who argued that his current players' obnoxious ability to draw charges compares with his most loathsome teams ever, giving them the potential to become more infuriating than any J.J. Redick*–led squad.

"We've got Stephen Curry's little brother, a ball-hogging NBA coach's son, three Plumlees, and a whole roster of overprivileged assholes, so all the pieces are in place for this to be one of the prickiest teams in Blue Devils history. We just need to get it done." Krzyzewski said he does not want to weigh the team down with expectations, but college basketball fans should not be surprised to find themselves cursing and turning off their televisions in utter disgust come March

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    Is anyone getting sick of the whole Dick Vitalle screaming on ESPN what a messiah Jim Valvano was?

Fitting quote about people like Vaitell and Valvano came up in an episode of the 50's western Maverick where Maverick said,my pappy told me that if someone has to get all their points across to you screaming and hollering,they usually are crooks or they don't know their manure from Scheinolla.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

"Don't give up, Don't ever give up" I must have heard that speech at least 300 times in the last 18+ yrs.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

true, we are never closer to a cure then 50 years ago and more people are getting it and they only want our money.

sbcash
    sbcash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

say what you want about valvano or dickie v, but bottom line is that his legacy is being used for positive means. you discredit yourself when you rail against cancer research. give me a break dude.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Op must of had a ml bet on phi slamma jamma
    That's too fukking funny!

I thought I was the only one around here old enough to remember Phi Slamma Jamma.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    Is anyone getting sick of the whole Dick Vitalle screaming on ESPN what a messiah Jim Valvano was?Just because someone dies it doesn't make them a saint.We are all going to die damnit!The last few years of Valvano's life was scandalous how he was the biggest ruthless recruiter of non qualified student athletes in a time where that stuff was at it's worst.Valvano's recruiting tactics were cartoonish where basket weaving even came into play as a required course for his players.He was a total shifty,used car dealer, cheap polyester paisley suit wearing,gaudy medalion wearing media whore.Look up used car dealer and shifty college basketball coach in the encyclopedia and they use a drawing of Valvano to depict them.Movie comedies were made loosely depicting Valvano type college basketball teams.Did Valvano ever get student aid money to pay his players to keep alligators out of the NC State gym?

Even in his death he made sure his ego came into play where he will be the one to have defeat cancer.Curing cancer is the biggest scam on earth where even the Rockefeller's profit from it.Intentionally the establishment and big pharma doesn't want a cure.Instead of curing cancer in his will,Valvano should have had it where his foundation raised money for ex college basketball players to learn to read and write.

Shut up jerk, Valvano made an inspirational speech after he was inflicted with terminal cancer. Where's your heart. Have you ever seen people go through cancer? (Maybe you have), well I sure have and it's sad and inexcusable. He could barely walk and poured his heart out to the public with his friends like Dick Vitale by his side. Vitale has never left his side in trying to cure this awful disease. These people are people to look up to or at least admire. Any immature comments about them trying to find a cure for cancer is either by someone very young, ignorant, or selfish.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    That's too fukking funny!

I thought I was the only one around here old enough to remember Phi Slamma Jamma.
    Phi Slamma Jamma is extremely famous.

You didn't have to be around for them to know about them.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

They were fun to watch. I always rooted for Clyde the Glide Drexler. Olajuwon had "Akeem" on the back of his jersey. Great team. Should've have beaten NC State but Drexler got into foul trouble early.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Didn't you already post this thread earlier today?? I think people got your point then?? Maybe you should start another thread calling Valvano & Vitale douchebags tomorrow?? Or better yet maybe you should try start your own foundation & raise 100+ million for a noble cause??

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Yeah I wasn't around for them just know the history.. but still if you don't like it change the channel is that so hard? What was the spread on that game? Phiiiiii slammmmaaaaa jammmaaaaa... o.p is getting buried

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    They were fun to watch. I always rooted for Clyde the Glide Drexler. Olajuwon had "Akeem" on the back of his jersey. Great team. Should've have beaten NC State but Drexler got into foul trouble early.
    In my opinion, the Lousiville/Houston game was one of the classic NCAA tournament matchups.... damn near the entire game was played above the rim.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

True... I'll rephrase my response... I thought I was the only one on this site who was actually old enoough to not only have witnessed Phi Slamma Jamma in real-time, but also old enough to have legally/illegally gambled on them.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

if anyone had any sense of a clue, they would nuke the entire planet and i guarantee you none this would be an issue.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

For the record, and for those of you who don't know....

Valvano was investigated by 6 bodies....

The NCAA
    The North Carolina State Faculty Senate
    The North Carolina Attorney General
    The North Carolina Board of Governor's
    The Poole Commission
    The US Dept of Education.

NOT ONE OF THEM FOUND VALVANO GUILTY OF A MAJOR VIOLATION.

I doubt Crude will read or understand this----but for those of you not on psych meds, this info may help.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

There hasn't been a cure for cancer but the survival rate for many types of cancer has risen substantially. At the same time, cancer is surely a cash cow for the medical establishment.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Crude seem like your obsessed with Jimmy V. 3 threads really?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Shut up jerk, Valvano made an inspirational speech after he was inflicted with terminal cancer. Where's your heart. Have you ever seen people go through cancer? (Maybe you have), well I sure have and it's sad and inexcusable. He could barely walk and poured his heart out to the public with his friends like Dick Vitale by his side. Vitale has never left his side in trying to cure this awful disease. These people are people to look up to or at least admire. Any immature comments about them trying to find a cure for cancer is either by someone very young, ignorant, or selfish.

I didn't see nuttin

Coming from a guy with a pedophile protector
    as an avatar...
    Too funny.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    There hasn't been a cure for cancer but the survival rate for many types of cancer has risen substantially. At the same time, cancer is surely a cash cow for the medical establishment.
    there is a cure for many forms of cancer, if the medical "establishments" release it they will all disappear. use your head, they will hold back the answers as long as they can due to cash flow. sell the "cure" and good night to a trillion dollars.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by sbcash View Post
    say what you want about valvano or dickie v, but bottom line is that his legacy is being used for positive means. you discredit yourself when you rail against cancer research. give me a break dude.
    i half heartedly agree with the title of the thread (other than that its made by a psycho) but this quoted comment sums it up

theres more good that came from his deification than bad that he caused...or happened under his watch...when he was coach

and he was great when he moved to espn to commentate

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    there is a cure for many forms of cancer, if the medical "establishments" release it they will all disappear. use your head, they will hold back the answers as long as they can due to cash flow. sell the "cure" and good night to a trillion dollars.
    yeah because theres no other illnesses for them to move on to if that happens

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    true, we are never closer to a cure then 50 years ago.
    Wrong.

http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrar...0/11/4243.full

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

More money is made in treatment/research, surely nobody would use that to their advantage. I mean shouldn't we trust the medical community without question?

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

This guy is giving Emily Haines a run for best forum troll

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I agree that Dick Vitale is a total "assclown".

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I agree that Dick Vitale is a total "assclown".

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    there is some truth to what you're saying brentcrude.

some of the non-liked guys like muhammad ali become deified once they are sick or dead

i do get a bit tired of them being proud of how much money they raise in these things (i think jimmy v has raised $115 million), that money could've probably been more wisely spent to feed and house the poor in this country.
    more wisely spent than trying to find treatments or a cure for one of the most deadly diseases in the world? cmon now

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    true, we are never closer to a cure then 50 years ago and more people are getting it and they only want our money.

Again....completely absurd and incorrect. What makes people say things that are baseless?

12 Last