k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

NFL fans and management think Cam Newton is great and are ready to trade their whole franchise for another similar average QB.

Meanwhile 26tds and 18 int's is the worst QB in the NFL to you???

He may not be a franchise QB but he's far from #30....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is not that bad and won a lot of big games already early in his career

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Mark Sanchez is overall average but improving.......My problem is that everyone acts like he's GOD-AWFUL which is like me saying he's an elite QB....Both are not true at all

I don't think Sanchez will ever be great, but I think he can be pretty good as an NFL QB, certainly good enough to win (Which they have already proven).....If not, The Jets can cut their losses pretty easily

Hey, speaking of the Giants, fans and NYC media was ready to run Eli out of town at about this point in his career......His stats vs Sanchez's stats during year 3 in the NFL are actually eerily similar

Eli Manning: 24 TD-18 INT....57.7 %.....3,244 yards

Mark Sanchez: 26 TD-18 INT.....56.7 %......3,474 yards (Also 6 rushing TD's)
    i definitley remember giants fans ready to run eli out...and hes something else now.....sanchez definitley should be afforded the opportunity to evolve and get better....i just dont think he has the same pedigree as eli....its the most important position on the football field....if you are going to win with a qb who isnt great/elite...you better have a defense that is....

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    NFL fans and management think Cam Newton is great and are ready to trade their whole franchise for another similar average QB.

EXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is not that bad and won a lot of big games already early in his career
    EXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i definitley remember giants fans ready to run eli out...and hes something else now.....sanchez definitley should be afforded the opportunity to evolve and get better....i just dont think he has the same pedigree as eli....its the most important position on the football field....if you are going to win with a qb who isnt great/elite...you better have a defense that is....
    Great post....especially the bolded.......I personally don't think Sanchez will be as good as Eli, but I think he can be good enough as long as the Jets defense stays strong and they can add some solid picies on the offense

Not everyone can have a Brady on their team.....gotta do the best with what you have, as long as the QB can step his game up when it really matters (Which Sanchez has in him) you can win in the NFL.....Sanchez does need to improve alot of things though, Agreed

bobby heenan
    Update your status

good piece from kc joyner on sanchez

In reviewing the Mark Sanchez contract extension, it is apt to think back to some comments former New York Jets defensive end Gerry Philbin made about Joe Namath's situation heading into New York's 1968 Super Bowl season.
    In the NFL Films documentary series "America's Game," Philbin indicated that Namath's wild off-field ways were starting to affect his on-field performance and costing the team games it should have won.
    At that point, Philbin said the Jets management knew they had to do something to get Namath to change his ways. The higher-ups went to the other players on the squad and asked them to elect Namath captain. They figured if he had a leadership role on the team, it would give him a sense of responsibility and make him step his game up.
    Eventually, this strategy worked, and Namath started to play at a consistently strong level. When that was combined with a superb amount of talent around him (as the 1968 Jets certainly had), it led to a Super Bowl victory.
    The moral of this story is that even the best young quarterbacks in the NFL don't always arrive with strong leadership skills. It also shows that a team can be patient in developing that aspect of a quarterback's game as long as the circumstances are correct.
    That is why, as frustrated as Jets fans may be about the end to the 2011 season or that the team won't be signing Peyton Manning in free agency, New York made the right move in offering Sanchez the contract extension. A closer look at New York's metrics from last year shows that Sanchez and this passing game are not very far away from helping to carry this team to another deep playoff run.

The primary reason for this is that one of the weak areas of last season's Jets club was a lack of vertical passing success. This is evidenced by the drop-off Sanchez saw in his vertical yards per attempt (VYPA) from a 10.8 mark in 2010 to a 9.2 mark in 2011. (Note: A vertical pass is defined as an aerial thrown 11 or more yards downfield.)
    Some might be tempted to blame this on Sanchez, but the truth is that Gang Green's vertical passing woes last season can just about all be placed on the shoulders of Plaxico Burress and the members of the Jets' front office.
    Here's the evidence: Sanchez had a 10.7 VYPA last year on passes thrown to players other than Burress, which is only one-tenth of a yard lower than his VYPA mark in 2010.
    That means Sanchez had more downfield success throwing to Santonio Holmes (45 vertical targets), Jeremy Kerley (13), Derrick Mason (5), Patrick Turner (7) and all of the tight ends and running backs than he did to the wideout the Jets brought in to be their top vertical threat.
    Burress was so bad on vertical passes last year that he actually had a higher YPA total on short passes (6.8) than he did on vertical routes.
    The reason these woes can be placed on the front office is that there was a litany of evidence against Burress being able to handle the vertical wideout role in the first place.
    [+] Enlarge

This is something I noted in an Insider article in September. Quoting the article, "In his last full season (2007 with the New York Giants), Burress gained only 7.9 YPA on vertical passes. To put that YPA total into perspective, consider that it ranked 63rd out of 69 qualifying wide receivers that season.
    "In other words, Burress wasn't a dominant downfield threat four years ago, even though his frame seems to imply as much, so why would anyone think he could be one today now that he is 34 years old and has gone through everything that happened to him since then?"
    Making matters worse for New York's decision-makers is that they let Braylon Edwards and his 12.7 VYPA (which was 10th best among wideouts with 40 or more vertical targets) leave via free agency.
    So, to summarize, they took away Sanchez's best downfield target, replaced him with someone well past his prime and then seemed surprised that the move did not work out.
    The good news for the Jets' front office is they should be able make up for that error this offseason. Free agency offers more than a few solutions, as Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Marques Colston and Mario Manningham all have a history of posting double-digit VYPA totals.
    In addition, the 2012 NFL draft has its share of downfield receiving threats, including Kendall Wright, Stephen Hill and Rueben Randle. All of those players should be available at the Jets' No. 16 draft spot. They could also decide to mimic the New England Patriots' success with Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez and try to snag Stanford tight end Coby Fleener, as he has displayed an ability to post quality totals when flexed out as a wide receiver.
    And that is really what this comes down to. If Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum really want the Sanchez experiment to work, they cannot weigh him down with mediocre vertical wideouts like Burress. Give this guy some real talent, and the complaints about his lack of leadership should all but disappear.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-28-14 at 01:47 PM.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    jets 22nd in rushing; 20th in sacks allowed (40), ferguson allowing the most by far, 9.5..... but it's all sanchez fault.
    A lot of the sacks allowed is because Sanchez is a fukking idiot and doesn't understand pre play reads/adjusting protection and doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough. Green bay gave up 41 sacks and that didn't stop Rodgers from putting up monster numbers. The jets had a very good receiving core last year and there is absolutely no excuse for Sanchez to be #30 in QBR. As far as I'm concerned, he's the worst QB in the league among starters

And this was a big step back for the jets offensive line, the 2 years before this they were top 10 in sacks allowed, top 5 in running game and Sanchez' QBR was still atrocious. Enough is enough. Team accomplishments don't make a mediocre player any better

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    A lot of the sacks allowed is because Sanchez is a fukking idiot and doesn't understand pre play reads/adjusting protection and doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough. Green bay gave up 41 sacks and that didn't stop Rodgers from putting up monster numbers. The jets had a very good receiving core last year and there is absolutely no excuse for Sanchez to be #30 in QBR. As far as I'm concerned, he's the worst QB in the league among starters

And this was a big step back for the jets offensive line, the 2 years before this they were top 10 in sacks allowed, top 5 in running game and Sanchez' QBR was still atrocious. Enough is enough. Team accomplishments don't make a mediocre player any better
    dont always agree with this guy....but i happen to on this particular subject.....

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

LOL Worst QB in the league.....you're fukkin lost pal

Tell me what you know about the offense Schottenheimer ran and how it differed from 2009 and 2010 to 2011.......Tell me what the Jets didn't do right on offense last season only and why they couldn't......

bobby heenan
    Update your status

i dont happen to believe hes the worst qb in the league....but

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

But, what? It's the same thing as me saying he's the best in the league....its fukkin ignorant as hell

26 TDs- 18 Int's......6 Rushing TDs......3400 yards

Cannot be the worst qb in the league, by definition

bobby heenan
    Update your status

But, what? It's the same thing as me saying he's the best in the league....its fukkin ignorant as hell

26 TDs- 18 Int's......6 Rushing TDs......3400 yards

Cannot be the worst qb in the league, by definition
    hes definitley not the worst...saying that is extreme...i happen to think this guy is right about most of what he says regarding sanchez though

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

1. rodgers was sacked 36 times, not 41.

2. sacks on rodgers are often his own fault for holding on to the ball too long. even mike mccarthy has criticized him for holding on to the ball too long. even rodgers has admitted to holding on to the ball too long.

sanchez is often sacked cause there's a jailbreak in his face even before he finishes dropping back.

3. qbr is retarded. the fact you even mentioned it shows how clueless you are. when tim tebow with 4 completed passes achieves a higher qbr than aaron rodgers with nearly 400 yds, it shows how idiotic it is.

"Rodgers, whose Packers won at the Georgia Dome, completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns. His Total QBR was 82.1.

Tebow, whose Broncos lost at home to the Chargers, completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown. And he ran the ball six times for 38 yards and a touchdown. And his Total QBR was 83.2."

So, yeah, I’ll continue to ignore ESPN’s Total QBR stat.

4. you're the same retard who predicted rip hamilton would score 17ppg and was the missing piece to a bulls championship. yeah, how's he doing?

you're a fuking clown kerry/brahma. stick to what you know best, -300 moneylines that lose outright.

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-28-14 at 01:48 PM.

brahmabull117

1. rodgers was sacked 36 times, not 41.

2. sacks on rodgers are often his own fault for holding on to the ball too long. even mike mccarthy has criticized him for holding on to the ball too long. even rodgers has admitted to holding on to the ball too long.

I watch plenty of jets games - a lot of those "jailbreaks" are a result of Sanchez not understanding blitzes/blitz protections. Simple as that. The jets offensive line was about average last season (#17 in sacks allowed, not #20) but it was elite the 2 seasons before that and Sanchez has still managed a pathetic career 73 passer rating

Sanchez was #23 last season in the league in QB rating among qualified passers and many of the guys below him played on much worse teams with atrocious offensive lines and nothing at WR. The jets were average at OL and well above average at WR and Sanchez was still mediocre

And some moron compared him to Cam Newton? Cam had 35 total TDs (passing and rushing) last year in his rookie season. Sanchez had 15 total Tds in his rookie season - GTFO With that nonsense

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Newton had 4700 total yards and 35 TDs his rookie season

Sanchez had 2500 total yards and 15 TDs his rookie season

You retarded bro?

brahmabull117

Mark Sanchez is overall average but improving.......My problem is that everyone acts like he's GOD-AWFUL which is like me saying he's an elite QB....Both are not true at all
    3 years in the league so far

#28 in QB rating
    #27 in QB rating
    #23 in QB rating

His first 2 seasons in the league, the Jets were a top 5 team in terms of overall talent around him at RB, WR, OL and defense in the league. How is this not an awful QB?

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

stop stop stopp you dont have a clue I really could careless about sanchez and could give a shit about peoples opinion but you honestly do not have a clue..............he only had time to throw slants and crossing routes nothing else when he dropped back he would get fuked up

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

3 years in the league so far

#28 in QB rating
    #27 in QB rating
    #23 in QB rating

His first 2 seasons in the league, the Jets were a top 5 team in terms of overall talent around him at RB, WR, OL and defense in the league. How is this not an awful QB?
    You keep bringing up QB Rating and Total QBR.....They are flawed as hell

Chad Pennington was always great at QB Rating and He sucked, it doesn't mean much

His first 2 seasons in the league he should have been on the bench learning but they had him play anyway

Overall he has improved every season (atleast statistically) and he led the Jets to the AFC Championship game twice in a row.....Awful QB's don't do this

And if you wanna argue it was all the defense in the playoffs, you're wrong....

He has had some absolute terrible games, but has also had a lot of very good games throughout his career....not to mention he has been money in late game comebacks (Texans video posted is a prime example)

He needs to improve just like most young qbs.....

KingJD31

only a clown like you would say its adjusting protection...........are you a coach with the jets like you fuking know its an adjusting protection problem if you have every seen wayne hunter he literally wiffs on 70% of plays I watched every single play this season I no what I saw and its the offensive line so go back to watching espn cause you dont have a clue u dont watch the jets I can tell

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    stop stop stopp you dont have a clue I really could careless about sanchez and could give a shit about peoples opinion but you honestly do not have a clue..............he only had time to throw slants and crossing routes nothing else when he dropped back he would get fuked up
    Not to mention, Schotty never rolled him out, moved the pocket, or let him throw it down the field.......You keep running the same bullshit 5 yard routes, your receivers wont get open, the defenses just blitz the hell out of you, and db's jump routes all day

And if you wanna say Sanchez can't throw down the field or has a weak arm, you are wrong about that too

1:42 and 1:52......That was missing last season.......We need Braylon back!

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Guys are getting carried away. Mark Sanchez has led the league in 4th qt comebacks over the past 3 years.

brahmabull117

You keep bringing up QB Rating and Total QBR.....They are flawed as hell

Chad Pennington was always great at QB Rating and He sucked, it doesn't mean much

I would take Pennington over Sanchez by a good margin. At least pennington was accurate and didn't turn the ball over. Sanchez has terrible accuracy and turns the ball over like a machine (68 INTs and fumbles in 3 years)

QB Rating is flawed? Look up the top 5 in QB Rating last 5-10 seasons and it's lists loaded with elite Quarterbacks

[quote]And if you wanna argue it was all the defense in the playoffs, you're wrong....

He's been fantastic in the playoffs. I never denied that, However there's no reason for having to play so many road games

The jets could have had homefield advantage with a good QB

He has had some absolute terrible games, but has also had a lot of very good games throughout his career....not to mention he has been money in late game comebacks (Texans video posted is a prime example)

He needs to improve just like most young qbs.....

This is just a copout. You're talking about a guy who is statistically one of the worst QBs in the league playing on very very talented teams. Even last year the Jets were above average if you just consider their defense and WRs. A top 10 QB on the jets last year easily makes the playoffs

brahmabull117

Not to mention, Schotty never rolled him out, moved the pocket, or let him throw it down the field.......

so what's the explanation for having a pathetic 57% completion percentage last year?

If you're just dinking and dunking all day, you should be around 65-70% completion percentage. Hell that's what Chad Pennington was doing

KingJD31

[QUOTE=MoneyLineDawg;14081579]Not to mention, Schotty never rolled him out, moved the pocket, or let him throw it down the field.......You keep running the same bullshit 5 yard routes, your receivers wont get open, the defenses just blitz the hell out of you, and db's jump routes all day

And if you wanna say Sanchez can't throw down the field or has a weak arm, you are wrong about that too

1:42 and 1:52......That was missing last season.......We need Braylon back!

shotty was terrible I wish we promoted callahan to oc but sparano will be an upgrade Im sure but somehow we need a right tackle dont care how we get it but if we do we are so much better than last year than we can focus on hopefully mario williams and to less extent braylon
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-28-14 at 01:49 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

How is that a copout? It's the truth......Statistically he wasn't close to the worst last season, and he has had good and bad games.....With great playoff games

Last season, the Jets' chemistry was fukkin awful because the whole team turned on the offensive coordinator and were also fighting within the locker room.....Did you not pay attention to all the bullshit that came out after the season?

btw, the WR's were not good at all last season......Plaxico cannot run anymore, he is a red zone target ONLY.....Holmes stopped trying halfway through the year, Keller is very hot and cold.......They had a decent rookie Jeremy Kerley, but who else?

The O-line was fukkin awful last season as well, you have to watch the Jets every game to realize how bad they were......Same rb's as 2010 but no running game in 2011, which is proof

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

I watch plenty of jets games - a lot of those "jailbreaks" are a result of Sanchez not understanding blitzes/blitz protections. Simple as that. The jets offensive line was about average last season (#17 in sacks allowed, not #20) but it was elite the 2 seasons before that and Sanchez has still managed a pathetic career 73 passer rating

Sanchez was #23 last season in the league in QB rating among qualified passers and many of the guys below him played on much worse teams with atrocious offensive lines and nothing at WR. The jets were average at OL and well above average at WR and Sanchez was still mediocre

And some moron compared him to Cam Newton? Cam had 35 total TDs (passing and rushing) last year in his rookie season. Sanchez had 15 total Tds in his rookie season - GTFO With that nonsense

1. The Jets allowed 40 sacks, which ranks 20th in the league. They allowed a sack once every 14.7 dropbacks. A year ago, it was once every 19.8 dropbacks. That's a fairly significant drop.

2. you obviously don't watch jets games since jailbreaks can happen without blitzes. sanchez was constantly pressured by defensive linemen because his o-line was clearly overmatched. even in a blitz, you need time to drop back and set, he never even got that.

not to mention the line allowed a ton of qb pressures last season which forces hurried throws:

3. only morons looks at qb ratings to determine a qb's worth to his team. troy aikman had a 55 qb rating as a rookie..... so you would rather have romo starting for you since his qb rating is twice as high?

keep proving what an idiot you are, kerry/brahma.

brahmabull117

How is that a copout? It's the truth......Statistically he wasn't close to the worst last season, and he has had good and bad games.....With great playoff games

He's had an average QB rating of about 26th in the league last 3 years playing on teams with well above average talent

Please show me a QB who performed worse with more talent around him than Sanchez had

KingJD31

here is just a small example of the great wayne hunter

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

so what's the explanation for having a pathetic 57% completion percentage last year?

If you're just dinking and dunking all day, you should be around 65-70% completion percentage. Hell that's what Chad Pennington was doing
    What I just said in the same post......Sanchez is not great from a short accuracy standpoint, and probably never will be.....He is at his best when he is reacting, rolling outside the pocket and hitting guys down the field.....But we did none of that last season and played exclusively to Sanchez's weaknesses.......

When all we did was run the same few short routes, teams pressed up everyone and blitzed the hell out of us......Our WR's were being blanketed all the time, there was no separation, and DB's were jumping routes all the time......Sanchez was getting hit all the time as well inside the pocket.....The Jets never adjusted, AT ALL

Now you would think that can't be true......No Offensive coordinator would do this, but it was.......The OC was truly awful and stubborn as hell

This is something you would need to watch the Jets every week to realize, but it was very hard to watch

KingJD31

one more

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    here is just a small example of the great wayne hunter

Wayne Hunter

How about when Haloti Ngata of the Ravens did the same exact thing and speared the fukk out of Sanchez's back about a second after the snap......Unreal

brahmabull117

3. only morons looks at qb ratings to determine a qb's worth to his team. troy aikman had a 55 qb rating as a rookie..... so you would rather have romo starting for you since his qb rating is twice as high?

Discounting the most widely used stat for evaluating QBs in the league for the last 15 years? Are you fukking retarded?

KingJD31

one more

brahmabull117

What I just said in the same post......Sanchez is not great from a short accuracy standpoint, and probably never will be.....

Sanchez isn't good at anything

His short accuracy sucks
    His deep accuracy sucks
    He is a turnover machine - 68 turnovers in 4 seasons

brahmabull117

Wayne Hunter

How about when Haloti Ngata of the Ravens did the same exact thing and speared the fukk out of Sanchez's back about a second after the snap......Unreal

Stop posting these videos

Every team in the league has jailbreaks. How many times did Jay Cutler get sacked last 2 seasons and he put up way better stats than Sanchez

KingJD31

slausen this time

First 12345 ... Last