doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Peyton Manning winds up in Miami, only a matter of time

The writing is on the wall, among other things, he knows he needs the best protection he can get for his neck (Jake Long, and none of the other teams that are advertised as competing for him are even close at LT) and needs good receivers (marshall for sure, bess and hartline for possession, and probably his sheep Wayne will follow back to Miami for a homecoming), a good backfield to take off some pressure (bush and Thomas) and a solid D, Miami was 6th in the league and higher than that over the second half of the season after their opening funk.

Other teams might provide attractive storylines for their fans, but it's all hype, there's only one logical destination...As much as I hate to admit it as a pats fan, it's only a matter of time, this will bring the manning/Brady rivalry back in a hurry at least twice a season instead of once as in the past and the AFC East will have a true competition now. Suck it Jets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...-south-florida

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...peyton-manning

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Kansas city is a much more talented team than Miami, though no Jake Long.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Still skeptical he'll even play this season. Even if he does, he'll get knocked out by midseason.

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Kansas city is a much more talented team than Miami, though no Jake Long.
    Forgot to say manning is gonna need warmth or dome likely to succeed as per previous history and current neck status, agree in some ways on the talent, but KC provides neither of those other options. Lot of their talent is in question right now too, just like manning, but how will JC come back from the knee? Or Eric Berry as well? Is Baldwin too much of a head case (a la Marshall), does Bowe re-sign to a longer deal than the franch tag..?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of teams fit

Houston and SF instant superbowl contenders if he goes there

Miami good too

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Suck it jets? The phins already own the pats this would result in blowouts every GM.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Mia would dominate the afc east jets pats would be fighting for wc

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Houston not getting rid of Schaub for him

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Suck it jets? The phins already own the pats this would result in blowouts every GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Mia would dominate the afc east jets pats would be fighting for wc

Yeah as they've shown over the past ten years, nowhere did I say Miami wouldn't be good, but there's no way they're just going to be handed the division just like that. The reason they play us close (and sometimes it's not that close at all) is d/t many reasons, not limited to the fact of familiarity seeing someone twice a year theres only so many wrinkles you can throw in. And when a team like Miami really presents no threat year in and year out how do you as a pro get as geared up for the game? Houston played Indy tight all the time too d that was before they even had foster or won a playoff game. It's division rivalry. This will be a good thing for the pats and phins rivalry.

And yeah, suck it jets, cause manning won't wind up there, no way he shares the same 'jersey' city as his brother. Jets stuck with sanchize for now.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Come to Seattle!!!
    We have the most money out of all the teams and the weakest Division.

Please!!!!

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4973

I see Matt Flynn in Miami.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22986

Never, Won't happen......

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas City

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post
    Come to Seattle!!!
    We have the most money out of all the teams and the weakest Division.

Please!!!!
    AFC West would love to compete with you for weakest division title lol. Seattle has good D, but probably just not the right overall football place that manning is looking for. Even though you do probably have the best '12th man' advantage in the league

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

He's going where he gets the highest contract. That's the first thing. 2nd thing... he'll have to pass the team's physical... that may be another totally different story..

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16666

Hopefully he ends up in San Francisco.

Mjh702
    Mjh702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Looks like Miami is his landing place

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Even if he does, he'll get knocked out by midseason.
    Wouldn't surprise me. Don't draft him in fantasy football.

Where ever he goes, he needs to bring Reggie Wayne with him.

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    He's going where he gets the highest contract. That's the first thing. 2nd thing... he'll have to pass the team's physical... that may be another totally different story..
    i'll be interested in seeing the results of this...if he has been cleared by as many renowned surgeons et al that have said his fusion was 100% successful and back to normal and can play to extent of his ability then physical should be an afterthought..something tells me it won't be though

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

did sb odds go down on dolphins

Wayne went to miami and could head to the dolphins. I heard garcon wanted to go where manning went.

B marshall first round pick if manning goes to miami.

Also the best division for him to make the playoffs. He should stay in the afc.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

As a Jets fan I don't even want Peyton......If it was a guarantee that he would have his arm strength back and keep it, he wouldn't play scared to get hit, and one big hit wouldn't end his career I would take him in a heartbeat obviously......But that is not the case

Peyton is damaged goods even if he looks fine throwing the ball with no pads on.....One big blindside hit and who knows what can happen.....36 year old QB with spinal neck fusion? OK, GTFO

Then again I am a fan of Sanchez and don't listen to everybody else and make my own opinions......What other 25 year old, 3rd year QB has gotten destroyed by fans and the media this bad unfairly? Most good qb's in the NFL didn't even take a snap until their 2nd or 3rd season AND Sanchez only started 1 year in college and went straight to starting in the NFL his rookie year......

Call me crazy, but Sanchez has gotten better every single season and has a 4-2 record in the playoffs on the road......What other QB starts from day one and barely misses out on a superbowl trip the first 2 years?

doylfish, You have seen first hand that Sanchez isn't pure garbage like everyone likes to say.....He beat up your team nice and good in the playoffs last season....And has had a few other good games against you guys........

Sanchez is very inconsistent but has looked really good at other times......This is expected of a YOUNG QB.......He gets shit on worse than any other young qb I've ever seen because Rex Ryan and the Jets are targets and because of the NYC thing, its not fair to Sanchez

doylfish

^^
    if you read what marshall faulk said it's makes a lot of sense that peyton wouldn't go anywhere but AFC, neither brother wanting to detract from each other's chances to make the playoffs and hopefully the superbowl.

i'll bet any amount of points that manning doesn't go to washington. there is zero chance unless snyder offers him like $25-30 mil a year, then i could see something changing in his mind

doylfish

MoneyLineDawg:

I agree sanchez get's put in a lot of limelight so his every bad move carries a lot more weight, but first off the playoff loss was two years ago now and that came after an absolute a** whooping the pats delivered in the regular season. also i have no qualms in saying we overachieved to make the playoffs that year just like there was more luck than ever in us getting to the superbowl this year. the Jets D keyed in on us in the playoffs and had much more to do with that win than sanchez did. you know as well as i do the jets D far and away carries that team.

there have been many instances where sanchez has hurt his team much more than helped it. he's got horrible clock managing skills as evidenced in that debacle at the end of the season last year and never seems to make the 'smart' football choice. you know rex wanted to drag him back and forth through the mud and i can only imagine what kind of restraint it took him to say as little as he did. people call alex smith a game manager in San Fran, but he does that job well and never really hurt his team this past season. in fact it was special teams that failed them. It's a stretch to call sanchez a game manager even because he makes a lot of dumb mistakes. 3 years into his career or not, you'd usually expect to see some improvement by now, either you have it or you don't. his career line is still pretty bad, 55% passing completion rate, that's a pretty telling statistic. this really is a make or break year for him.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I know the defense has carried the Jets, but if you look at Sanchez's playoff games, he has stepped his game up big time

In 6 road playoff games.....9 TD's, 3 INT's.....60% Completion.....About 200 yards a game..........So yes, Sanchez hurt his team in some regular season games (Which is expected of a YOUNG QB).....But he has been absolute money in the playoffs......

Sanchez also leads the NFL since he's been in the NFL in 4th quarter comeback wins......Now some will say him playing shitty earlier in the game will give him more chances, but the facts remain

So now we have a 25 year old QB who is very inconsistent, up and down, but has physical talent and MOST IMPORTANTLY steps up his game considerably in BIG SPOTS (Playoffs and 4th Quarter)

Shoot me if I want to continue to see Sanchez improve and see him without Shithead Schottenheimer at offensive coordinator

This is just my opinion.....I understand how people think Sanchez sucks or whatever, but I'm a little more patient and have seen a lot of good things out of him so far

One Big Peyton Manning hit and Jets franchise will be set back for 5 years if we get rid of Sanchez for Peyton.......Its a huge risk when you POSSIBLY have your QB position set for a decade
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 03-07-12 at 11:17 PM.

doylfish

^^
    forgot about how shitty schottenheimer is...I really liked the sparano pickup if Rex will listen to him at all. Underrated coach. Got a bad rap in Miami with never having a good qb to compete with. Lame duck season and still put a good foot forward

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Lebron was recruiting him in a post game interview today.

doylfish

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Manning to Brandon Marshall would be deadly.

Good chance Reggie Wayne follows Peyton to Miami... good chance Miami wins AFC East next year

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A lot of teams fit

Houston and SF instant superbowl contenders if he goes there

Miami good too

Was SF not a contender last year without him? Houston would have won the AFC if Schaub was in.

doylfish

Roto97
    Roto97's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    [/B]

Was SF not a contender last year without him?
    Well, Manning might have completed more than 12 passes the whole game and had a slightly better completion % than 46%. More importantly won the game.

doylfish

Reading there are some issues in Miami that might turn Peyton Manning off from going there..

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter that, in the "estimation of many people around the league," the Dolphins are losing steam in the sweepstakes for free agent Peyton Manning.

Without providing detail, Schefter cited the same reasons that drove away Jim Harbaugh and Jeff Fisher. "I think there are certain circumstances that prevented certain people from choosing Miami," Schefter said. "And I think that those factors will come into play with Peyton Manning." Added Schefter, "I think their chances right now are dwindling some. ... Miami doesn't seem to have an advantage that it did a few days ago, in the estimation of many people around the league."

I wonder what those circumstances are??

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

he is going to denver

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys who think Manning is gonna end up with a "non-contender" are smoking something. So scratch Miami, Zona, Denver and Miami off your list now. Hous, San Fran, Jets is where he's going.

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    You guys who think Manning is gonna end up with a "non-contender" are smoking something. So scratch Miami, Zona, Denver and Miami off your list now. Hous, San Fran, Jets is where he's going.

Talk about 'smoking something' if you think he still has a shot to be with the jets ..they extended Sanchez for a reason, they know they have no option with manning and they hope the extension can salvo some confidence and goodwill for Sanchez to perform better this year

San Fran maybe, Houston...don't see it. They would've won it all this year if they didn't have their injury bug run through, as a pats fan I have no problem admitting they would've been there instead of us

Either way, if all reports are true, Manning wants no part of NFC because he doesn't want he and Eli to be responsible for keeping one another out of the Super Bowl

12 Last