Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Does anyone else get fired up at their children's sports events?

My daughter is 8 and she plays softball, my son is 4 and just started T-ball. I see a lot of parents just sitting there not even paying attention while I'm fukin pumped up watching them out there.

I'm really competitive, I play tennis about 3 times a week and always want to win. When my kids play I also want them to win. My wife bitches at me sometimes telling me they are just kids and the point is for them to have fun, am I that wrong to want them to kick ass every time they play?

Plus573
    It's Miller Time
    Plus573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Nothing wrong with it, just don't be like these parents.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its alright to get excited and want your kids to do well, but don't be one of those parents that yells at refs, the coaches, or other parents.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Hockey parents are the worst for getting into the competitive spirit. Occasional fight in the stands

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

And if you want your kids to stick with sports through high school, I wouldn't be screaming at them while they're in the middle of a game. Quick way to burn them out.
    Points Awarded:

PuckOff gave MendozaLine 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Yes

I almost knocked some fukker out talking shit about my son. Guy was a bum looking fukk I'd a killed that son of bitch.. My boy hit a double 3-2 count fukk that punk

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

I get fired up and talk to them during changeovers (mostly to my daughter, my son is too young to know what's going on). I just want her to have her head in the game and not be like some other little girls that are in la-la-land out there. Never disrespectful to umpires, other parents, coaches, etc. I'm a competitor, but have good sportsmanship.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Guilty.

Don't want to talk about it..

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

hmm not sure where u live but people here go nuts and argue and complain non stop, so don't see how u think they are not involved,

they will be when they get a couple years older for sure

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Cheme82 View Post
    I get fired up and talk to them during changeovers (mostly to my daughter, my son is too young to know what's going on). I just want her to have her head in the game and not be like some other little girls that are in la-la-land out there. Never disrespectful to umpires, other parents, coaches, etc. I'm a competitor, but have good sportsmanship.
    nothing wrong with that, at least you're there supporting your kids and at the same time not being a jackass like some parents.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i am sure when i have kids i will be all rar rar but i never want to be one of those parents who get too carried away.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

When I was tossed from a little league game for throwing the bat (got away from me after I made contact), my old man challenged the ump to a fight in the parking lot . I can't name one other instance where he ever stuck up for me in public, so it remains a fond memory.

Protip: fight an ump and you will forge an unbreakable bond with your child.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Too many parents getting all fired up during the games when it doesn't even matter.

Practice with your kids hard. That is where it matters. Also, teach your daughter tennis, a way better investment than softball. Much more likely to meet a rich dude playing tennis than playing softball. If she is really good she can make money playing tennis or get a college scholarship.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

I 3 kids all in highschool, (fresh boy/girl twins and a senior son), daughter is a stud softball player on varsity as a fresh, fresh boy plays jv football and senior son a pitcher on varsity. I am a wreck when I watch them play because I am so jacked. I had a lot of success at baseball, played college and played in a spring training game and I am not a parent who has to push my kids. When I see them succeed and win something important, which they have a few times I am actually happier for them than I ever was for myself.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I laugh at parents getting all fired up at childrens events

Its kind of sad actually

Later years HS YES because it could mean something but kids stuff NO

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

still havent found a woman that wants to procreate with me. i got bigger fukkin problems then getting pumped at juniors game

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I guess it's fine as long as your kids still have fun. I think at the point they become more embarrassed by your behaviour or worried of how you will react towards their play moreso than just having fun, it becomes excessive. The whole point of them playing should be for them to have fun, IMO.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PuckOff

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I stay fired up at my kids games. Son plays basketball and daughter plays basketball, softball, and volleyball. I coached my son's basketball team this year and we didn't win a single damn game. 10 year olds don't know what they're doing. I think I wanted to win more than they did. Thank god the season is over. Now my son is wanting to give karate a try. Not sure how I feel about that yet

jjgold

Hoyt your lucky I do not go to games where you kids play

I would taunt your Son from sidelines and hope he misses every shot

sickler
    Facade 101

This hockey parent attacks the ref, woman in the stands screaming f-bombs.

They didn't agree with a penalty called on little Johnny?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I would never yell at my son or at a ref. But if some bully boombah started to pick on my son or a parent in the stands said something nasty about him, I'd have a hard time just keeping quiet. In one of my circles of friends here it is quite common for the parents to smuggle vodka in a 2 litre of OJ and they sometimes take a bit of Xanax to try to calm down and have fun so they don't flip out. I really hope I'm never like that.

jjgold

Shari I would taunt your Son if he was in farm or little league especially if I was dating a girl who's kid played on the other team

Even if I was friends with you...its funny because sex wins. If I was fukkin this hot Mom and she ordered me to taunt your little cutey I would have to

Shari when he is the field I would call him names like marshmellow and tell him I hope he strikes out

Shari I am real bad like this , its funny what women would do to you.

I wear the panties in the family so I will do what ordered by my girl

Sorry Hun

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Shari I would taunt your Son if he was in farm or little league especially if I was dating a girl who's kid played on the other team

Even if I was friends with you...its funny because sex wins. If I was fukkin this hot Mom and she ordered me to taunt your little cutey I would have to

Shari when he is the field I would call him names like marshmellow and tell him I hope he strikes out

Shari I am real bad like this , its funny what women would do to you.

I wear the panties in the family so I will do what ordered by my girl

Sorry Hun
    I was going to say I'd scalp you if you even tried but you'd still look the same so there's no point...

But if you said one nasty word, I'd kick your tranny friend in the nuts just so you wouldn't get any lovin' for a day or two. Don't even get me riled up about this now. Still have a year or two left until I have to worry.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Hockey parents are the worst for getting into the competitive spirit. Occasional fight in the stands
    I actually coach minor hockey Sickler and the shit I hear in the dressing room is just crazy. Parents are too tough on their kids and I always hear shit like do you want to be like Sidney Crosby and all this foolishness.

Parents in all sports should just let their children have fun.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I was going to say I'd scalp you if you even tried but you'd still look the same so there's no point...

But if you said one nasty word, I'd kick your tranny friend in the nuts just so you wouldn't get any lovin' for a day or two. Don't even get me riled up about this now. Still have a year or two left until I have to worry.

I can see you going wild with other parents

They are nuts and actually do root against other kids

Its sad actually..kids should have fun

Shari I would stand right behind the baskets and taunt him, also I would call you names with my girl
    We would try and bury you both
    WIN WIN WIN is what we would be about

I would be a different guy than you know if I was dating

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by Cheme82 View Post
    Cheme, talking to her during a changeover or on the field or whatever is disrespectful to the coach and parents even if they can't hear the conversation. Maybe talk to her at home when everyone is calm. You will get much better results if you put her on the spot at the field or event. Let her have fun, but just calm down and point out a few things to her at home. Sports is about having fun when it comes to children. If they are natural athletes then they will go far.

PuckOff

Its kind of sad actually

JJ,

Holy Christ!!! We are finally on the same page.

Yelling at a child or continously ramming advice down their throat is very sad for a child. Children need to have fun. I see this in hockey way too often. I coach hockey. I see kids on the ice/bench with tears in theoir eyes becuase their parents get too involved. These kids just want to have fun and their parents ruin it on them. Sidney Crosby's are rare. In fact, 95% of the kids drafted in the NHL do not make it to th eNHL as a full time regular player. That's how tough it is to make the NHL and I'm sure it's the same with other pro sports.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

I get in the zone actually. I step up to mound with little johnny throwing his 35 MPH fastball and knock it out of the fukkin park. I walk slowly around bases giving him eye and might step up to 3rd basement if he gives me shit kick dirt in his eyes and mow down catcher if he gets in my way.

shooterman
    shooterman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18498

Do your kids a favor and stay away from their games until they invite you. Any benefits gained from playing organized sports is often ruined by the big mouth, know it all, obnoxious parent that makes their kid hate them and the sport. I coached for many years and most loser parents never even played ball with their kid when they were young to develop some hand eye coordination... then they want to know why Johnny never pitches or plays shortstop! HaHa

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    I actually coach minor hockey Sickler and the shit I hear in the dressing room is just crazy. Parents are too tough on their kids and I always hear shit like do you want to be like Sidney Crosby and all this foolishness.

Parents in all sports should just let their children have fun.
    I was friends with a guy who was a pretty good junior player but didn't make the NHL because he wasn't big enough. Theoren Fleury-sized but not not quite his talent. His father was really tough on him in his quest to have him make the NHL. It was like dad wanted to be a hockey player but didn't make it so he's trying to live out that dream through his son.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Nothing sadder than making a child live their parents unfulfilled dreams through them.

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    I was friends with a guy who was a pretty good junior player but didn't make the NHL because he wasn't big enough. Theoren Fleury-sized but not not quite his talent. His father was really tough on him in his quest to have him make the NHL. It was like dad wanted to be a hockey player but didn't make it so he's trying to live out that dream through his son.
    Yep..... parents living vicariously through their son/daughter. It happens in all sports. Sad, but true.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

i used to ref soccer gms for elementary kids, we are talking kids that are 8 years old, through maybe 11 years old and parents on side lines BITCHING at you for offsides, penalty kicks, etc. What parents don't realize sometimes, is that rules are different for little kids, aka, no offsides depending on age and stuff.

Also, for throw ins, when the kids just jump and throw it in, we give them a second chance and correct the error. Parents shouldn't be going crazy until the kid is in like middle school and high school when real competition begins. Young age is when they are supposed to develop the skills, not be turned off of the sport b/c of their parents.

One game, my buddy threw a fan out of the game and told them they had to leave the field. Was classic

slapster33
    slapster33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its kind of sad actually

LOL, glad you don;t have kids, i can see you now stuffing your fat head with hamburgers, ya fuk the children, there to young, your a waste of air

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Can't wait to live my unfulfilled dreams through my kid.

12 Last