Its bizarre

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

Sad to say but Lin's mental game/killer instinct > Lebron

Only reason lebron might win a ring is bc he has dwade as a teammate

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poochie you're so sharp you did see you quoted me twice right and how was my argument crushed and defense demolished? Guy responds with defenitions and cartoon graphics aka Geekus dorkus: ”blank because he has nothing worth saying”

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Sad to say but Lin's mental game/killer instinct > Lebron

It takes a team effort to get a ring. 1 man can not score all of the point. Jordan and Kobe got rings because they had decent teammates around them.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Yeah I laughed at that too I guess he thinks because kobe has one reg season mvp thats the only season he was the best player in the nba
    Please feel free to enlighten me which seasons he was the best player in basketball??

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post

What part of "while playing for the Heat" did you not understand?
    Those Cleveland teams were statistically unreal good, too. Best defense in the league, top 3 offensive rebounding, 66 wins.

But of course, some people only use stats when they help there argument.

Also fukin LOL at that kid saying that bron has accomplished more at 27 than jordan or Kobe. Unfuking real
    Last edited by zsr; 02-27-12 at 02:49 PM.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Kobe to Lebron "shoot the f'n ball!"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/kobe...he-fcking-ball

Last night, LeBron James had the ball and an opportunity to win the game for the Eastern Conference with 15 seconds left and Kobe Bryant guarding him. So what'd he do? He passed. And then he got the ball back 10 seconds later. And then he passed again. According to Adrian Wojnarowski's awesome piece on Yahoo today, Kobe had some choice words for James.
    Here’s the thing, too: James knows Bryant goes to great lengths to belittle his unwillingness to rise up in the final moments of his biggest games. Bryant has five titles to James’ none, and had to bail James out in the fourth quarter of the gold-medal game of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Now Kobe was within inches, screaming into James’ face, “Shoot the [expletive] ball!” And, still, LeBron’s instincts weren’t to take ball and deliver it down Bryant’s throat. Score on Kobe, win the game and tell him to go to hell. Bryant would respect that.

So would Michael Jordan. Magic Johnson. Larry Bird. LeBron James is different. He’s probably better than all of them, but nothing in his DNA demanded that he go after Bryant there, that he destroy him in that moment.

“Yeah, he was telling me to shoot it,” James said. “I wish I could have that one back.”
    So Lebron, next time you have a chance to win a game in the fourth quarter, remember this:

zsr

I must of missed the memo where choking away 2 NBA finals where your team would of otherwise won is accomplishing something

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Please feel free to enlighten me which seasons he was the best player in basketball??
    Pick one... hint wasnt just the one year he won the reg season mvp like you think maybe one of years hes was the finals mvp of the best team in the nba? I like 08/09 all defenive first tm, co all star game mvp, nba finals mvp .... world champion who won the reg season mvp that year

zsr

dlunc "no one has done more individually than lebron by age 27"

shall we go to the stats, as you always do?

Lebron before age 27

Regular Season: 28 7 7
    Playoffs: 28 8 7

Jordan before age 27

Regular Season: 32 7 7
    Playoffs: 36 7 7

Not going to add up the FG %, but lebron is mid 40s, while jordan is above 50 as well

Have any more opinions youd like to share with us?
    Last edited by zsr; 02-27-12 at 03:06 PM.

dlunc3

Pick one... hint wasnt just the one year he won the reg season mvp like you think maybe one of years hes was the finals mvp of the best team in the nba? I like 08/09 all defenive first tm, co all star game mvp, nba finals mvp .... world champion who won the reg season mvp that year
    Please continue... Name all the seasons that he was the best in the league.

zsr

And then if we get into lebron in the finals

Against the spurs he shot 30% (but you insist he played good, another opinion, huh?)

And against the mavs we all know he was just pathetic in the 4th quarter. No need to even search for the stats.

Thats not getting into failing to win a title with a cleveland team that was unbelievable year in and year out.

teaserpleaser

Please continue... Name all the seasons that he was the best in the league.
    Why should I already made my point

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    James is a paid on the side player........
    I totally agree. And he's not the best actor in doing it.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

bryant would respect that lol

dlunc3

Why should I already made my point
    Exactly... You made my point and listed one season.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

This is nothing new, not sure why people are all over this now, here. I guess people have been on a desert island the past 8 years.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    dlunc "no one has done more individually than lebron by age 27"

shall we go to the stats, as you always do?

Lebron before age 27

Regular Season: 28 7 7
    Playoffs: 28 8 7

Jordan before age 27

Regular Season: 32 7 7
    Playoffs: 36 7 7

Not going to add up the FG %, but lebron is mid 40s, while jordan is above 50 as well

Have any more opinions youd like to share with us?
    dlunc......check in pal.

rdkjglsk
    rdkjglsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

kobe was the best player of the 2000-2010 decade. the injuries and age have started to take a toll on him, he's not as explosive to the basket. i feel like he never gets an open shot, he's always struggling to create rather than moving off the ball, ends up taking difficult shots and that kills his fg%

this decade will probably belong to lebron, maybe durant if he puts on 20 lbs

dlunc3

Do not get me wrong... I have never said Lebron is even in Jordan's league.. but I did say that lebron has accomplished more then anyone in the last 30 years before age 27, and that is true.

Prior to the season when each player turned 27:

assists: Jordan-2565 Lebron-4364
    rebounds: Jordan-2694 Lebron4451
    steals: Jordan-962 Lebron-1079
    blocks: Jordan-465 Lebron-854
    all star appearances: Jordan-6 Lebron-7
    MVPs: Jordan-1 Lebron-2
    All NBA 1st team: Jordan-3 Lebron-5
    All star game MVP: Jordan-1 Lebron-2

Obviously the only reason Lebron is higher in every category is bc he skipped college and was in the NBA sooner... but again, that is why I made the statement that he has accomplished more then anyone prior to age 27. This is an individual statement, not a team statement.... If you wanna say"kobe was better bc he had 3 rings" then say he is better then jordan too since jordan also had 0 at this point... at this point in his career, lebron is better then kobe was when he was 27 and this cannot be argued.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by rdkjglsk View Post
    kobe was the best player of the 2000-2010 decade. the injuries and age have started to take a toll on him, he's not as explosive to the basket. i feel like he never gets an open shot, he's always struggling to create rather than moving off the ball, ends up taking difficult shots and that kills his fg%

this decade will probably belong to lebron, maybe durant if he puts on 20 lbs

Kobe wasnt though... he was only the best player in the league for 1 season... the best player in the league was a combination of jordan, shaq, duncan and lebron throughout kobes whole career.... sure, kobe was the consistent 2nd best player most seasons... but rarely the best.

He will go down as one of the greatest bc of his longevity. He was consistently great for many years... but rarely the best.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

His beard is stupid.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    His beard is stupid.
    this is true

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

who cares how many points you avg and all that. if you cant hit 2 FTs with the game on the line, you will always be viewed as a choker

zsr

yes, Lebron has better total numbers because he played almost THREE full seasons more than Jordan before 27, counting Jordan only playing 18 games his second year.

Jordan was obviousy a much better player than Lebron before 27, after 27, etc.

The Kobe argument is tough because he was deferring to shaq for 4 years before he became a star.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    yes, Lebron has better total numbers because he played almost THREE full seasons more than Jordan before 27, counting Jordan only playing 18 games his second year.

Jordan was obviousy a much better player than Lebron before 27, after 27, etc.

The Kobe argument is tough because he was deferring to shaq for 4 years before he became a star.
    exactly, jordan was definitely hands down better

but no the kobe argument isnt tough, bc even since kobe was the star without shaq, his numbers still havent compared to lebrons

dlunc3

exactly, jordan was definitely hands down better

but no the kobe argument isnt tough, bc even since kobe was the star without shaq, his numbers still havent compared to lebrons
    and lebron still puts up monster numbers even with wade and bosh, so even with shaq on his team, kobe still had no excuse

zsr

Look at the huge difference in field goal attempts during there first 5 or so years. That explains the huge stat difference between Kobe and Lebron

This is all foolish anyway, Lebron has to do this for another 6 years, win multiple championships, and be able to play well in the finals and the clutch before we talk about him in top 10 all time or whatever.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by eldoctord View Post
    Kobe has never seen a shot he didn't like, especially in an All-Star game. But Wades "hard foul" that broke Kobe's nose was a clear statement of Game ON. Good for Kobe to give it back to LeBron!!!
    Dwyane better hope the Lakers don't reload before the deadline or he might have to answer for that foul come June.

dlunc3

absolutely... you cannot judge him at this stage of his career as he is still younger then even jordan was when he won his first...

let the guy playout his career before hating on him... if anything, praise him for the amazing numbers he has already put up while still at a young age.

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Yeah, not that advanced metrics show LeBron to be the best player since his second year in the league or anything.

Poochie you're so sharp you did see you quoted me twice right and how was my argument crushed and defense demolished? Guy responds with defenitions and cartoon graphics aka Geekus dorkus: ”blank because he has nothing worth saying”
    Lol. I don't like to insult directly, so I'll say that we're not nearly on the same level, intellectually. I'm highly certain you're a teenager, or an adult who didn't graduate college. "Geekus dorkus" is a lame comeback, as well as pointing out repeated quotes. On page one, you said stats don't matter and that you can just tell what player's the best. Yeah, because you're just smarter than everyone else? Only an idiot -- sorry, less than intelligent person -- would say numbers don't matter on performance where most metrics can be numerically measured.

Cut your losses and stop here.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

exactly, jordan was definitely hands down better but no the kobe argument isnt tough, bc even since kobe was the star without shaq, his numbers still havent compared to lebrons
    No arguing that Leborn is probably the most physically gifted basketball player of all-time. God has given no player more gifts then he did Lebron James. It's sad that Lebron has done so little with all of it. He really hasn't developed any new skills or aspects to his game since he came into the league. He can't touch Kobe when it comes to actual skill level. Kobe is probably top 3 or 5 most 'skilled' players of all time, and easily has the best footwork in the league today.
    I'm really curious what Lebron will do when he can no longer overpower and out-jump everyone. It will be interesting.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

that is false and stats actually prove that even lebron is better at the end of the game with the game on the line

its amazing how many people think this

are we forgetting that just last night kobe was terrible in the 4th and choked from the line to give the east a chance at the end??
    I think ill take what I saw from LeBron over the years in Cleveland and what I watched him do in the Finals last June with my OWN DAMN EYES, especially in the 4th quarters...over what some fukkn stats would "say" about him

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Are we still arguing over who's better? There won't ever be another Kobe Bryant. The guy has pure raw determination. A fu#$ing Workhorse. Kobe haters can hate all you want... give the man respect though. The guy works hard... cocky or not...

blue.eyed.tuna
    blue.eyed.tuna's Avatar Become A Pro!

You sure about that?

Through the end of the 2011 season, Kobe Bryant is 7/25 or 28% with the game on the line with 24 sec or less on the clock in the post season.

Lebron James is 5/12 or 41.7%.

They really arent even close when it comes to game winning shots.

Not even counting game winning shots, you say Kobe is better in the playoffs? Kobe actually declines in the playoffs whereas Lebron elevates his game.

Post season stats:

PPG: Lebron 28
    Kobe 25.4

Assists: Lebron 7
    Kobe 4.8

Rebounds: Lebron 8.4
    Kobe 5.1

FG%: Lebron 46%
    Kobe 44.8%

Steals: Lebron 1.7
    Kobe 1.4

PER: Lebron 26.3
    Kobe 22.3

Seems stats prove the exact opposite of what you say huh?
    Titles? Record in the playoffs? PPG in the 4th quarter of game sevens. PPG in the 4th of the playoffs? Etc. LJ doesn't pass the sight test...anyone who says they want him with the ball and the game on the line over Kobe hasn't watched basketball

First 123456 ... Last