PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    only proof i need is that he was found not guilty by an independent third party that had a lot more access to the details of the case than you or i will ever have
    you state something as fact, but in actuality, you have no proof of it whatsoever?

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

The fix is in for sure, selig knows his brewers would have an empty ballpark for the home games in april and most of may without braun and fielder. Ironic this happened to the owner/commish of this team only right. What other time has a suspension been overturned, never. Braun is true scum too cause he knew he had tested positive and went and accepted the MVP that he cheated to win like nothing had ever happened.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Explains y he went off the rails in the off season....WIth that much testosterone in the body you'd be hard to control and that window between rationality and irrationality becomes blurred...

PickWinnerAllDay

Milwaukee Brewers - Where cheating and STD's happen.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

so you are reserving judgement while at the same time judging that he beat the system

people don't want to admit they were wrong, so they come up with this b.s. that the test wasn't delivered to fedex on time. it showed 10x the testosterone that a human being could have in his system and not die, but we'll ignore that
    Key word is seems Mike, maybe you didn't read that in your reactionary zeal. I did not speak in absolutes. ie. "He Beat the system"....so yes, I am suspicious, but will reserve judgement, there remains some doubt imo if he was guilty. Everything isn't always so black and white, right and wrong, most things fall in a grey area's so I am careful to condemn someone.

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!
    ericthegangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    So is Hall of Famer Rod Carew
    He converted.

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Milwaukee Brewers - Where cheating and STD's happen.
    Steve Bartman

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by ericthegangster View Post
    Steve Bartman
    Steve Bartman means nothing to me.

Any legitimate baseball fan knows that the Cubs didn't win the world series in 2003 because Alex S. Gonzalez can't turn a routine double play.

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!

Steve Bartman means nothing to me.

Any legitimate baseball fan knows that the Cubs didn't win the world series in 2003 because Alex S. Gonzalez can't turn a routine double play.
    Steve Bartman.

PickWinnerAllDay

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

He was obviously on steroids but the league decided they didn't want to take the huge publicity hit of the MVP being a cheater.

Not surprising considering Bud Selig's obsession with the Milwaukee Brewers.
    you state something as fact but have no proof whatsoever

talk about the pot calling the kettle black

let it go dude, the brewers got ramirez and the cubs couldn't get fielder even though the cubs tried to entice him by hiring his alcoholic buddy sveum as the coach

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Lol the quote he was obviously on steroids blows my mind. Just so stupid.

Braun being on roids would be like Jeter on em

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

I'd rather have people think I took steroids than have herpes that's for sure

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    I'd rather have people think I took steroids than have herpes that's for sure
    that's a tough one

either way your street cred and marketability go way down

not too many magic johnson jerseys were being sold after he said he was hiv positive

PickWinnerAllDay

you state something as fact but have no proof whatsoever

talk about the pot calling the kettle black

let it go dude, the brewers got ramirez and the cubs couldn't get fielder even though the cubs tried to entice him by hiring his alcoholic buddy sveum as the coach
    LOL have fun with Ramirez... I'm sure you'll love him when hes hitting .150 in late May as usual.

And we didn't want Fielder... notice how Fielder kept saying the Cubs were his first choice and the Cubs just weren't going to overspend on a guy who will tail off b/c he isn't in shape.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Lol the quote he was obviously on steroids blows my mind. Just so stupid.

Braun being on roids would be like Jeter on em

I think you misunderstand how steroids work. You dont' have to be jacked to be on steroids.

Ken Griffey Jr. was probably on them and he was never jacked. But notice how his hamstrings and ligaments always failed him.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

that's a tough one

either way your street cred and marketability go way down

not too many magic johnson jerseys were being sold after he said he was hiv positive
    Yeah but you take steroids....OK people are a little angry for a year, but nothing happens after that except for a few haters ragging on you later on

If you have herpes....well you have fukkin herpes forever

No-brainer

PickWinnerAllDay

So the tester either conspired to screw Braun or Braun is a dirty cheater who isn't going to be punished for it.

Gee, I wonder which is more likely.

zoo youk

Belson also reports that Braun did not test positive for steroids but merely a prohibited substance

Probably some over the counter shit from gnc

PickWinnerAllDay

Belson also reports that Braun did not test positive for steroids but merely a prohibited substance

Probably some over the counter shit from gnc
    I thought it was already confirmed he tested positive for synthetic testosterone????

zoo youk

I think you misunderstand how steroids work. You dont' have to be jacked to be on steroids.

Ken Griffey Jr. was probably on them and he was never jacked. But notice how his hamstrings and ligaments always failed him.
    Did you really just say Griffey was on steroids??

Yeah right. If he was on steroids he would have certainly been on hgh and wouldnt have been cut short from injuries

PickWinnerAllDay

HGH can't fix the problem when your ligament snaps in half. LOL, it isn't magic.

zoo youk

I thought it was already confirmed he tested positive for synthetic testosterone????
    You get dumber and dumber with each post. Synthetic testosterone is a steroid. So no.

PickWinnerAllDay

You get dumber and dumber with each post. Synthetic testosterone is a steroid. So no.
    That was the initial report and I've yet to see anything that says that report was flat out wrong. So no, I'm not getting dumber and dumber, you're just believing something that is coming from an unconfirmed source.

milwaukee mike

pickwinner please learn some history before continuing down this path of putting your foot in your mouth

bonds and griffey jr had many conversations about using steroids (they were good friends), griffey was never going to use but understood bonds' position that inferior players like sosa and mcgwire smacking 60+ hrs were making it unfair for guys like griffey and bonds to compete legitimately.
    this is all public knowledge

PickWinnerAllDay

pickwinner please learn some history before continuing down this path of putting your foot in your mouth

bonds and griffey jr had many conversations about using steroids (they were good friends), griffey was never going to use but understood bonds' position that inferior players like sosa and mcgwire smacking 60+ hrs were making it unfair for guys like griffey and bonds to compete legitimately.
    this is all public knowledge

lol so Griffey and Bonds talked about not using proves Griffey never used?

I like you Milwaukee Mike. I do... I look forward to the Reds slapping both our teams around this year.

milwaukee mike

Following the conclusion of the home run chase between Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa in 1998 that captured the attention of the country, Bonds and Griffey reportedly met in Florida at Griffey’s house. The two had a discussion that would see them make very different decisions that will ultimately affect how both are remembered.

In his book Love Me, Hate Me, Jeff Pearlman tells a story in which Bonds met with Griffey and confided in his longtime friend over dinner that he was about to start taking some “hard-core stuff.” Bonds was jealous of the attention that McGwire and Sosa received, feeling that he was the superior athlete and ballplayer and was not receiving his due recognition. While Bonds chose to elevate his game by cheating, Griffey chose to stay clean.

PickWinnerAllDay

Thats a great story... but you guys need to get your story straight.

Milwaukee Mike says he tested positive for 10 times the testosterone possible for a human to be alive
    Zoo youk says it wasn't synthetic testosterone at all that he tested positive for.

You guys are both defending Braun so which of you is full of shit (or both?)

milwaukee mike

lol so Griffey and Bonds talked about not using proves Griffey never used?

I like you Milwaukee Mike. I do... I look forward to the Reds slapping both our teams around this year.
    i guess it is hard to prove a negative, i'll agree with you on that

perhaps i am a bit naive, but i like to believe guys are innocent until proven guilty or if they don't pass the smell test (chipmunk cheeks, huge arms out of nowhere) like sosa, mcgwire, etc

and i enjoy the discussion, it's hard to change perception once you believe something. i thought braun was innocent from the start, and nothing has changed that. most of those that think he was guilty from the start probably aren't going to be swayed by this ruling.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Braun tested positive for steroids....but it was from a steroid given to him as a remedy for his herpes rash

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Braun tested positive for steroids....but it was from a steroid given to him as a remedy for his herpes rash
    That is a funnier excuse. Now we've got 3 excuses for why Braun is innocent.

milwaukee mike

Thats a great story... but you guys need to get your story straight.

Milwaukee Mike says he tested positive for 10 times the testosterone possible for a human to be alive
    Zoo youk says it wasn't synthetic testosterone at all that he tested positive for.

You guys are both defending Braun so which of you is full of shit (or both?)
    my "10 times" number was an exaggeration but apparently his test was more than twice as high as anyone else ever. that's pretty hard to believe that an amount of testosterone that high would be suddenly gone on the next test, from what i've heard it takes quite a while for that to flush out of your system (like marijuana staying for quite a while on a drug test).

so yes i will admit i am full of shit on more than a few occassions, nothing i or anyone else says here should be taken too seriously...

PickWinnerAllDay

As a Cubs fan, I really don't care about Braun and his 50 games or not. Cubs have no chance to contend until Soriano is off the books anyway and Theo knows that which is why he didn't overpay for Fielder.

PickWinnerAllDay

my "10 times" number was an exaggeration but apparently his test was more than twice as high as anyone else ever. that's pretty hard to believe that an amount of testosterone that high would be suddenly gone on the next test, from what i've heard it takes quite a while for that to flush out of your system (like marijuana staying for quite a while on a drug test).

so yes i will admit i am full of shit on more than a few occassions, nothing i or anyone else says here should be taken too seriously...
    Testosterone, to my understanding varies a ton.

I think I read that a guy having sex would have testosterone levels through the roof and then an hour or so after they'll be much lower than normal. Not sure if I remember the exact numbers correctly.

First 123 Last