1. #36
    billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-29-09
    Posts: 5,175

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    $923

    1/3/3 (9 tickets) $10 a ticket, $90 total
    74H Illinois

    25U 5.5 Islanders/Sens
    27H Wild
    75H Oregon State

    70T Wisconsin/Ohio State
    72V California
    28H Ducks

    1/1 (1 ticket) $5 a ticket, $5 total
    70V Wisconsin +11.5
    71H Manhattan -3.5
    72V California -1.5
    74H Illinois -5.5
    75H Oregon State -2.5

    K+2/3 (3 tickets) $5 a ticket, $15 total
    70T Wisconsin/Ohio State

    25U 5.5 Islanders/Sens
    72V California
    75H Oregon State

    Looking at that I question whether you would make money in any form of sports wagering. Let alone a garbage market like Pro-Line.

    That is just a real bad job of handicapping. Whatever the market.

  2. #37
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 8,100
    Betpoints: 12

    If you bet a 2 game parlay & push one of your games you lose money.
    If you were to push both your games in a 2 game parlay you would lose everything. (your entire bet)
    I don't know how they get away with it?

  3. #38
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    You guys make me cringe.

    I really cannot believe how someone doesn't understand how to beat a static sports market but I'll lay it out simply for you:

    The offshore/Vegas market is much sharper than Proline. So whenever Proline gives me better odds than Pinnacle's true odds, I bet accordingly to my edge.

    If you don't know basic expected value theory then just sit back, relax, and tail.

    Cashed two tickets on the night bringing my BR to $1045.

  4. #39
    drfunkmaster
    drfunkmaster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-29-08
    Posts: 9,320
    Betpoints: 1538

    congrats

    BTP
    Week 15
    3-2-0 383 pts

    BTP
    Week 13
    3-2-0 335 pts


  5. #40
    MoneyLineDawg
    Straight Cash Homie
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-01-09
    Posts: 9,898
    Betpoints: 12

    DJ can you explain some of the proline basics.....just curious bro and gl
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/25/2014

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/22/2014

    BTP
    Week 13
    4-1-0 707 pts


  6. #41
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    DJ can you explain some of the proline basics.....just curious bro and gl
    Proline is a sports-lottery game offered by the province of Ontario (as well as other provinces in Canada but they all have their own variations). The reason it is considered a "sports-lottery" is because the house rake/vig is so astronomical that it can only be considered luck if you win (as such in a lottery).

    Proline is a static market, meaning unlike Vegas and offshore sites, the lines/odds are set at the beginning of the day or week and there is no movement based on betting patterns. Because of this, Proline often ends up with stale lines. As more information becomes available, the line will move but Proline cannot compensate for it leaving investors like myself to snap up all the edges.

    An edge is simply when you can get better odds on a game than what is considered to be the fair market price. If you play enough edges correctly, you will win over the long run. So all I do is compare Proline odds to Pinnacle odds and exploit any mistakes by Proline.

    Playing edges, along with a good bankroll management strategy, is the easiest and most consistent way to make money with sports.

    Hope this helps.

  7. #42
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    $1045

    3/4 (4 tickets) $5 a ticket, $20 total
    77H Georgetown
    1H Rangers
    6V Blues
    78T Kansas/Oklahoma State

  8. #43
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    Cashed a small ticket bringing the BR to $1048

    DK+1/5 (5 tickets) $10 a ticket, $50 total
    45H Memphis
    46H Wyoming

    4V Islanders
    6H Blue Jackets
    37T Mississippi/Arkansas
    40V Connecticut
    42T Duke/Wake Forest

    3/4 (4 tickets) $50 a ticket, $200 total
    39H West Virginia
    40V Connecticut
    45H Memphis
    46H Wyoming

  9. #44
    biggie12
    We work hard. No sleep U starve We Eat
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-30-05
    Posts: 3,804
    Betpoints: 208

    can u explain your edge here im lost

    3/4 (4 tickets) $50 a ticket, $200 total
    39H West Virginia 1.20
    40V Connecticut 2.20
    45H Memphis 1.30
    46H Wyoming 1.60

    what u got there 1.5%

    SBR Founder Join Date: 12/30/2005


  10. #45
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 8,100
    Betpoints: 12

    Yeah, please explain.

    And there is a difference between true odds & fair market odds BTW.
    I believe he will try to explain that since all basketball teams must win by 6 or more that you are benefiting some how from the 5.5 lines.
    Like, there's no real way to answer MoneylineDawg's question.
    He's getting the odds beside the team all multiplied together (as in a regular parlay as, you or I would know it) and his line in all games is -5.5. In proline, or basketball Proline betting (where they really have you bend over) there are 3 results to choose from. The Visitor to win by 6+ or the Home to win by 6+ but any result in between these two out comes the TIE is paid.
    Even after you tally up they odds the offer, you can't possibly wave your winnning ticket & convince people that this is good advice.
    This is horrible advice & I can beleive this thread is still going.
    The minimum games you must include in all proline tickets is three. Thats a minimum 3 game parlay per ticket. The math never adds up in your favour when you bet proline. It only adds up for the OLG.

  11. #46
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    Plays:
    39H West Virginia
    Win Probability 81.30%
    Proline Odds 1.20
    Correct Odds 1.23
    Player Edge -2.44%

    40V Connecticut
    Win Probability 49.75%
    Proline Odds 2.20
    Correct Odds 2.01
    Player Edge +9.45%

    45H Memphis
    Win Probability 72.99%
    Proline Odds 1.30
    Correct Odds 1.37
    Player Edge -5.11%

    46H Wyoming
    Win Probability 60.24%
    Proline Odds 1.60
    Correct Odds 1.66
    Player Edge -3.61%

    Tickets:
    39H/40V/45H
    Win Probability 29.50%
    Proline Odds 3.43
    Correct Odds 3.39
    Player Edge +1.18%

    39H/40V/46H
    Win Probability 24.39%
    Proline Odds 4.22
    Correct Odds 4.10
    Player Edge +2.93%

    39H/45H/46H **Although it is tracked as posted, I only wagered half on this ticket**
    Win Probability 35.71%
    Proline Odds 2.50
    Correct Odds 2.80
    Player Edge -10.71%

    40V/45H/46H
    Win Probability 21.88%
    Proline Odds 4.58
    Correct Odds 4.57
    Player Edge +0.22%

  12. #47
    DrIn$entive
    DrIn$entive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-11
    Posts: 411

    Is that how its works as JayVegas said, no matter which side you pick they must win by 6 pts or more? If so, would it be more of a benefit to take the largest favorites of 9+ pts (when available)?

  13. #48
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 8,100
    Betpoints: 12

    YOu would still be receiving a fraction of the odds offered by an offshore, and then you still need to hit 3 of them in a row

  14. #49
    thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-16-11
    Posts: 1,733
    Betpoints: 6459

    I'll tell you about Proline Alberta. Firstly if you bet proline you have to be a minimun of 3 games, you can bet up to six. But, a big BUTT. To win the team has to win all the games. But here's a catch, in Basbetball if want your team to win you have to cover a spread of 5. If you don't get cover the it's considered a tie. Example: Team A has 75 points, Team B has 69 points, this is considered a win. But if Team A has 75 points, and Team B has 70 points. The game is considered a tie, and yes this a bet you can make. As mentioned you have to win all 3 games.

    Point spread is a basically the same as any other betting system, but with Point Spread you have to be a minimum of 2 games.

    Then there are various combo plays where you can bet up to 4-6 games. One example: if you want to bet 6 teams on proline, you can go in 3's, 4's, and 5's, including the straight up bet of all them. If you choose the 3's, and you bet 6 games, if 3 of your teams win you still cash a ticket, the more wins the higher the amount of money. Still you can lose money on winning combo if you chose all low favorites. A $2 dolllar combo ticket that includes 6 games when using 3's to win will cost you $44.

    Lately you can bet Props and Pools, again there is a mimimun you have to bet. Props i believe is 3 players.

    A few years ago i just happened to hear on radio what the Canadian Government lotties pay out and it was around 53% winnings. But that's the govenment speaking, proabably actually lower in paying out winnings on betting sports.

  15. #50
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 8,100
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by thfootball View Post
    I'll tell you about Proline Alberta. Firstly if you bet proline you have to be a minimun of 3 games, you can bet up to six. But, a big BUTT. To win the team has to win all the games. But here's a catch, in Basbetball if want your team to win you have to cover a spread of 5. If you don't get cover the it's considered a tie. Example: Team A has 75 points, Team B has 69 points, this is considered a win. But if Team A has 75 points, and Team B has 70 points. The game is considered a tie, and yes this a bet you can make. As mentioned you have to win all 3 games.

    Point spread is a basically the same as any other betting system, but with Point Spread you have to be a minimum of 2 games.

    Then there are various combo plays where you can bet up to 4-6 games. One example: if you want to bet 6 teams on proline, you can go in 3's, 4's, and 5's, including the straight up bet of all them. If you choose the 3's, and you bet 6 games, if 3 of your teams win you still cash a ticket, the more wins the higher the amount of money. Still you can lose money on winning combo if you chose all low favorites. A $2 dolllar combo ticket that includes 6 games when using 3's to win will cost you $44.

    Lately you can bet Props and Pools, again there is a mimimun you have to bet. Props i believe is 3 players.

    A few years ago i just happened to hear on radio what the Canadian Government lotties pay out and it was around 53% winnings. But that's the govenment speaking, proabably actually lower in paying out winnings on betting sports.
    When you say same as any other betting system do you mean that when you bet the 2 game parlay you get 2 to 1 or even money?

  16. #51
    sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-25-10
    Posts: 1,277
    Betpoints: 342

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    Plays: 39H West Virginia Win Probability 81.30% Proline Odds 1.20 Correct Odds 1.23 Player Edge -2.44% 40V Connecticut Win Probability 49.75% Proline Odds 2.20 Correct Odds 2.01 Player Edge +9.45% 45H Memphis Win Probability 72.99% Proline Odds 1.30 Correct Odds 1.37 Player Edge -5.11% 46H Wyoming Win Probability 60.24% Proline Odds 1.60 Correct Odds 1.66 Player Edge -3.61% Tickets: 39H/40V/45H Win Probability 29.50% Proline Odds 3.43 Correct Odds 3.39 Player Edge +1.18% 39H/40V/46H Win Probability 24.39% Proline Odds 4.22 Correct Odds 4.10 Player Edge +2.93% 39H/45H/46H **Although it is tracked as posted, I only wagered half on this ticket** Win Probability 35.71% Proline Odds 2.50 Correct Odds 2.80 Player Edge -10.71% 40V/45H/46H Win Probability 21.88% Proline Odds 4.58 Correct Odds 4.57 Player Edge +0.22%
    Money Making 101.... LOL? Let's assume you have a $10,000 BR....

    So if you were using Full Kelly with a $10,000 BR and bet the 2.93% player edge you showed above (I picked the highest one for fun)... you should optimally bet $90 on this play to maximize your BR growth.

    You would win it 24.39% of the time, gaining you $289.80 in profit.... rest of the time you lose $90, therefore on average your BR grows +$4.95 per bet. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiip it amirite?

    How much was the gas to get to the store to buy your ticket?
    If you walked, how much was the cream cheese bagel you ate in order to give your body enough energy to walk up to the clerk to make this +EV bet.

    I get what you are saying, but what are you expecting to gain with $50 tickets?

    At the end of the year, the kid serving you your bagel will make more money than doing this.

    ----------------------------

    Whatever tho, let's look at this objectively and see what it really would take to conquer proline.

    Let's first say you want to be a complete baller.... so in order to be ballin you need to make some huge number like $100 / day. In order to do this, you will need to have an average return of $100 / bet (because we are going to assume you find this 2.xx% edge once in a day and every day of the year).

    Reversing the calculations above, to make about $100, you'll be risking $1,817 per proline ticket. When you win, it'll be $5850 and when you lose it'll be that 1817... this leaves you with about $100 on average.

    Using Kelly, In order to wager $1,817 on these odds without going broke, you will need a bankroll of about $200,000.
    Points Awarded:

    slope99 gave sapidoc 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: biggie12, and slope99

  17. #52
    chingo
    On Da Grind
    chingo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-02-12
    Posts: 749
    Betpoints: 72

    Proline is definetly not profitable in the long run. Your playing horrible odds, so when you do cash you'll barely break even. I mean you can make money but not much in the longrun. You gotta win by 6 points in college basketball, I mean come on. And the odds are not even good as odds you win by ML.

    If your gonna do these parlays why not go over to the hull side, Don't you have a car man? moneyline parlays with the Quebec Gov bookie.
    Drive over there and try there system, much more profitable, 2-8 team parlays and you don't have to win by 6 in CBB, you can pick ML's unlike proline.

    BOL

  18. #53
    chingo
    On Da Grind
    chingo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-02-12
    Posts: 749
    Betpoints: 72

    plus Quebec they have ML in NBA too. Proline= Ontario knows people can win in NBA easily.
    much better edge, https://miseojeu.lotoquebec.com/fr/accueil

  19. #54
    thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-16-11
    Posts: 1,733
    Betpoints: 6459

    risking $2, but not as a combo where you can only play six games. regular you bet what games they give you.
    2-game point spread pays 2.5
    3-game is 5-1
    4-game 9-1
    http://sportselect.wclc.com/lists/

  20. #55
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 8,100
    Betpoints: 12

    pays 1.5 to 1
    You're wagering 2 to profit 3

    Like Black Jack

  21. #56
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    YOu would still be receiving a fraction of the odds offered by an offshore, and then you still need to hit 3 of them in a row
    The "Correct Odds" listed in my previous post are taken from Pinnacle.

    Seriously you knuckleheads, if you don't understand, try to learn or move on. I'm tired of you bozos clogging up this thread. I've made roughly 5k every year for the last five years with the exception of last year where I only broke even.

    Keep watching, you'll see that Proline is an easily beatable market.

    Lost $72 on the night, not bad considering the star edge didn't win. Bankroll to $976.

  22. #57
    sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-25-10
    Posts: 1,277
    Betpoints: 342

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    The "Correct Odds" listed in my previous post are taken from Pinnacle. Seriously you knuckleheads, if you don't understand, try to learn or move on. I'm tired of you bozos clogging up this thread. I've made roughly 5k every year for the last five years with the exception of last year where I only broke even. Keep watching, you'll see that Proline is an easily beatable market. Lost $72 on the night, not bad considering the star edge didn't win. Bankroll to $976.
    You just run well or buy ~10,000 tickets a year?

  23. #58
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    You naively and arrogantly assumed the best edge I ever get was the one I got today... Edges can get up to 25%!

    Also, by using sound money management and other maximization techniques, you can add an extra 2-3% per annum.

  24. #59
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    Furthermore, it's not hard to pump out 100 tickets or more a day when you have a program like I do that can print them out.

  25. #60
    sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-25-10
    Posts: 1,277
    Betpoints: 342

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    You naively and arrogantly assumed the best edge I ever get was the one I got today... Edges can get up to 25%! Also, by using sound money management and other maximization techniques, you can add an extra 2-3% per annum.
    Actually, I systematically and analytically gave you the benefit of the doubt that over the year, the daily average edge was the best edge you got today.

  26. #61
    frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-06-10
    Posts: 8,787
    Betpoints: 196

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    The "Correct Odds" listed in my previous post are taken from Pinnacle. Seriously you knuckleheads, if you don't understand, try to learn or move on. I'm tired of you bozos clogging up this thread. I've made roughly 5k every year for the last five years with the exception of last year where I only broke even. Keep watching, you'll see that Proline is an easily beatable market. Lost $72 on the night, not bad considering the star edge didn't win. Bankroll to $976.
    DJ and I dont always see eye to eye but I agree with his assessment that Proline is beatable if you stick to BR management and beat the closing lines.

    BTP
    Week 13
    4-1-0 707 pts


  27. #62
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 8,100
    Betpoints: 12

    So let me ask this.
    If Proline point spread sets the Ohio St. line at Ohio St -9 & they set the Duke Line at +7.5
    Lets assume Vegas, or your local book have Duke open at 6.5 & they open OSU at -10.
    Now say the public line moves these a point again. So now your overseas has the OSU -11 & Duke +5.5.
    By your logic we should all rush to the store & get a $100 Proline Point Spread ticket with OSU -9 & Duke at +7.5
    Am I right so far, is this how you go about finding this edge?
    Anyway, let's say we bet that ticket & Duke only loses by 5 but, OSU wins by exactly 9......

    What do you win?

  28. #63
    Smoke
    NFC North Champs
    Smoke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-09-09
    Posts: 37,427
    Betpoints: 267

    DJ is a fukkin bum

    He lives in a cardboard box

  29. #64
    biggie12
    We work hard. No sleep U starve We Eat
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-30-05
    Posts: 3,804
    Betpoints: 208

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    Furthermore, it's not hard to pump out 100 tickets or more a day when you have a program like I do that can print them out.
    sure if u like running around the city all day or betting $5 a ticket

    SBR Founder Join Date: 12/30/2005


  30. #65
    rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-09
    Posts: 10,172
    Betpoints: 66

    http://www.prolineplayer.com/Downloa...arlayMaker.php

    this is the tool he is using to calculate everything

  31. #66
    agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-01-11
    Posts: 1,559
    Betpoints: 5571

    c/o destroyer/not ridiculing you BUT you mentioned probability theory/exp.value i am a mathematician have applied numerous equations trial tuns graphs etc. to gambling /it will never work in capping games human factor negates it/ eventually you will lose all your money/try it and see /gl

  32. #67
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    you mentioned probability theory/exp.value i am a mathematician have applied numerous equations trial tuns graphs etc. to gambling /it will never work in capping games human factor negates it/ eventually you will lose all your money/try it and see /gl
    You mean the humans playing the game or the human betting factor? Because there is no human input in the wagering side of things... just systematically applied edges.

  33. #68
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 8,100
    Betpoints: 12

    Good Luck becoming a Proline Millionaire.
    I think you work for the government & this is all a shady sales pitch!

  34. #69
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Good Luck becoming a Proline Millionaire.
    I think you work for the government & this is all a shady sales pitch!


    You do know that two brothers took Proline for millions doing exactly what I'm doing, right?

  35. #70
    dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-10
    Posts: 3,529

    $976

    DK+1/5 (5 tickets) $10 a ticket, $50 total
    60V Mississippi State
    65H Texas

    52V LaSalle
    55H Richmond
    59T Auburn/Alabama
    61T Ohio State/Northwestern
    66V UNLV

First 12345 ... Last
Top