zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Carlos Condit accepts REMATCH with Nick Diaz.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...ematch-with-By Mike Chiappetta - Senior Writer

Follow @MMAFighting on Twitter, and Like MMA Fighting on Facebook.

Feb 8, 2012 - One day after Carlos Condit's management insisted that Nick Diaz was in his rearview mirror, there seems to be a change of course for the new UFC interim welterweight champion. Late on Tuesday night, UFC president Dana White tweeted that Condit accepted the proposal for a rematch, and would travel to Las Vegas on Friday in hopes of finalizing the deal.

"The rumor is true. Carlos did accept the fight today and Carlos is coming on Friday not [Thursday]," he wrote.

Early Wednesday morning, White told MMA Fighting via text that he had no timetable yet for the bout's date, as he's currently in Brazil filming an international version of The Ultimate Fighter.

However, he returns on Thursday and will meet with Condit about making the rematch a reality.

As recently as Monday, Condit's manager Malki Kawa told MMA Fighting that he would advise his client to focus on a potential championship unification with linear title holder Georges St-Pierre.

"At this point, [a rematch] is not something we’re looking to do," he said. "We're looking for Georges.

But apparently, Condit was swayed by the outcry over the decision. The three cageside judges scored the bout 49-46, 49-46, 48-47 for Condit.

Reaction to the decision was split, with Diaz supporters noting that he was often the aggressor, moving forward and initiating the action, while Condit supporters believed he employed an effective counterstriking style that allowed him to land more blows during the course of the five-round bout.

Regardless of the outcome, it was a departure from his usual style. Known for his aggression and finishing instincts, Condit had stopped opponents in 26 of his 27 career wins prior to UFC 143.

Afterward, Diaz said he would retire, voicing frustration with the judging system. Meanwhile, White said he would allow Condit to chart his own course and wait for GSP if that was his wish. But now it appears that instead of hanging up his gloves, Diaz will get the chance to avenge his loss, and instead of preparing for St-Pierre, Condit will spend the next few months getting ready to face Diaz one more time.

READ MORE: Carlos Connick-diaz

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Dana doesn't want condit vs gsp...

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Dana doesn't want condit vs gsp...
    Who does? We all want to see Diaz and GSP...well I do

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Front Row Brian tweeted its off

Beelzebubzy

FrontRowBrian Brian

*BREAKING NEWS* Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz II will NOT happen. An issue arose from Nick's camp last night. Nick will NOT be able to compete

FrontRowBrian Brian

I will not go into nature of why N. Diaz can't compete in a rematch against Condit. Condit will be in Vegas Friday to complete GSP deal

47 minutes ago

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Good for Diaz..

No reason to fight him again..

Condit will have the same strategy..

I thought condit was a warrior.. not a point winner..

Beelzebubzy

26/28 finishes
    Previous 3 KOs have been against guys that have never been KOed before

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    26/28 finishes
    Previous 3 KOs have been against guys that have never been KOed before
    I know.. But did he ever fight a guy like diaz..

Just thinking about Diaz made him soft.. Sad..

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Good for Diaz..

No reason to fight him again..

Condit will have the same strategy..

I thought condit was a warrior.. not a point winner..
    Calls himself The Natural Born KILLER! More like The Natural Born Runner!!!!

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Calls himself The Natural Born KILLER! More like The Natural Born Runner!!!!
    you have to be one of the most obnoxious annoying posters when it comes to MMA.

the guy just offered a rematch to shut dumb ass critics like you up. BUT surprise surprise the offer was not met from the Diaz camp saying he is unable to compete but wont state a reason why.

guess he got ****** up somewhere in the fight and needs more time to recover.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10304

should be interesting what happens

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

makes no sense how people think Diaz is a tougher match for GSP than Condit.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Gsp takes down condit, lays on him, Gsp wins 100%

Gsp takes down Diaz, lays on him, Diaz pulls a sub from guard.... Gsp 70%-Diaz 30%..

zoo youk

Gsp takes down Diaz, lays on him, Diaz pulls a sub from guard.... Gsp 70%-Diaz 30%..
    Kinger my man..think back..to me at least its been a long time since Nick has actually been in the cage and REALLY used his ground game. his past couple fights hes just been straight up wanting to brawl. so Im not so sure he wants to go to ground with GSP.

also im not so sure he wants to brawl with GSP either (i mean of course he does, but I think he might even be out matched there too) remember Koscheks face after GSP landed them stiff jabs every single freaking time he threw one?

I would love to see GSP fight Diaz instead of Condit, simply cause the fact I know GSP would absolutely pick him apart and shut his bitch ass mouth.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

just stick to lifting heavy stuff or go back and actually watch their respective careers.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

just stick to lifting heavy stuff or go back and actually watch their respective careers.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Rumours floating around that Diaz tested positive for the chronic.

It remains to be seen but Cesar Gracie said the rematch isn't happening even though Nick would fight in a heartbeat.

"Where you at, bong?"

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Kinger my man..think back..to me at least its been a long time since Nick has actually been in the cage and REALLY used his ground game. his past couple fights hes just been straight up wanting to brawl. so Im not so sure he wants to go to ground with GSP.

also im not so sure he wants to brawl with GSP either (i mean of course he does, but I think he might even be out matched there too) remember Koscheks face after GSP landed them stiff jabs every single freaking time he threw one?

I would love to see GSP fight Diaz instead of Condit, simply cause the fact I know GSP would absolutely pick him apart and shut his bitch ass mouth.
    Yes Diaz wants to box.. But gsp will take him down and Diaz is great at subs... So I rather see a gsP/Diaz fight...

Condit will just get dominated by gsp..

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

I just read that Diaz' camp could just be posturing to secure better terms for the rematch. Who knows what the fuk is going on. Just a bunch of rumors right now. Hopefully we get some real info soon.

The Fobfather
    The Fobfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully this still happens. I don't want to see Condit wait till GSP in November.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Condit's control and sweeps off his back are some of the best in the business. Anybody that has seen the MacDonald, Ellenberger and Stungun fights can see this. He took next to know damage when he was on his back in those fights. Amazing how he is still so under-rated! People made the same mistake with Edgar tho I guess.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fobfather View Post
    Hopefully this still happens. I don't want to see Condit wait till GSP in November.
    I was thinking this as well. November would be the absolute earliest and I wouldn't be surprised if it was more likely near New Years Eve as there always seems to be a large event at that time.

I would have difficulty being an mma fighter and training for something that isn't going to happen for 10 months. Fukken dedication.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

There are also rumors Diaz may have failed another drug test, probably for Marijuana like all the others.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

diaz fan boyz, you are in luck. he wants pipe cleaners literally so he can lay the pipes on you gays.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

Diaz probably going to deny this rematch.
    Last edited by GunShard; 02-08-12 at 07:12 PM.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Well if I had a choice of fighting Diaz or getting wrestled ****** by Koscheck I'd choose Diaz too.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

diaz vs condit 2 would be cooler than condit gsp. I think Diaz can beat him if he adjusts. He seemed to be willingly absorbing condits leg kicks. I bet if he pushed for the takedown he might be able to get it. On the ground Diaz > Condit. Also, Diaz could def have a shot at subbing GSP off his back. Not saying he definetly would, but I wouldn't be shocked.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

If you don't think he could sub GSP I can point out a couple reasons. One: Look how quick he took Condits back, it was damn near instant. Condit is no joke on the ground either, he is pretty good. Two: Remember how fast he subbed Evangelista? Santos is a black belt in brazilian jiu jitsu and he slapped that armbar on damn near instantly.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    If you don't think he could sub GSP I can point out a couple reasons. One: Look how quick he took Condits back, it was damn near instant. Condit is no joke on the ground either, he is pretty good. Two: Remember how fast he subbed Evangelista? Santos is a black belt in brazilian jiu jitsu and he slapped that armbar on damn near instantly.

These world class wrestler have found ways to shut down Jiujitsu . BJ Penn is the 2000 world Ju Jit Champion and could do nothing with GSP on top of him. Neither could Alves or Serra two other black belts.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Didnt Condit escape and end up on top tho just before the bell rang!?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    These world class wrestler have found ways to shut down Jiujitsu . BJ Penn is the 2000 world Ju Jit Champion and could do nothing with GSP on top of him. Neither could Alves or Serra two other black belts.
    BJ and Serra are small welter-weights, and Alves isnt a black-belt and has never been particularly aggressive off his back - whenever he was on his back he'd look to get back up. Diaz and Condit would offer very different style - not only standing but also off their backs in comparison to likes of Hardy, Alves, Serra, BJ, Fitch, Kos.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

diaz has a history of failing against strong grapplers(sherk/sanchez/parisyan)....that`s why he was matched so carefully in strikeforce...he was one of their big names,so they were careful with him.....

i`m a diaz fan......but he`s not a very good stylistic match-up vs gsp....and i honestly think his sub game is overrated...particularly off his back....his brother has a much scarier sub game,imo...

condit and diaz are legit contenders...i think it`s foolish to hate on either guy...both should get shots at gsp...i think a condit/gsp title fight as a set up for diaz/ gsp fight(or a diaz/condit rematch,should condit beat gsp) sets up perfectly as the ufc develops other potential title possibilities...

one question.....if the decision had gone diaz` way,does anybody think that people would be crying for a rematch?...i doubt it...because the squeeky wheel gets the most grease...

diaz is very very good...but he has real holes in his game...his bad boy persona is his biggest asset...his schtick...his hook(as you can see by some of the comments)......many more love him or hate him than are ambivalent toward him...and that sells tickets......
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 02-09-12 at 06:56 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    diaz has a history of failing against strong grapplers(sherk/sanchez/parisyan)....that`s why he was matched so carefully in strikeforce...he was one of their big names,so they were careful with him.....

i`m a diaz fan......but he`s not a very good stylistic match-up vs gsp....and i honestly think his sub game is overrated...particularly off his back....his brother has a much scarier sub game,imo...

condit and diaz are legit contenders...i think it`s foolish to hate on either guy...both should get shots at gsp...i think a condit/gsp title fight as a set up for diaz/ gsp fight(or a diaz/condit rematch,should condit beat gsp) sets up perfectly as the ufc develops other potential title possibilities...

one question.....if the decision had gone diaz` way,does anybody think that people would be crying for a rematch?...i doubt it...because the squeeky wheel gets the most grease...

diaz is very very good...but he has real holes in his game...his bad boy persona is his biggest asset...his schtick...his hook(as you can see by some of the comments)......many more love him or hate him than are ambivalent toward him...and that sells tickets......

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    BJ and Serra are small welter-weights, and Alves isnt a black-belt and has never been particularly aggressive off his back - whenever he was on his back he'd look to get back up. Diaz and Condit would offer very different style - not only standing but also off their backs in comparison to likes of Hardy, Alves, Serra, BJ, Fitch, Kos.
    Diaz and Condit really can offer a different style. Just two things bro, forget about Diaz standing if he fights GSP and on the ground, GSP is a top wrestler AND a jj black belt, really hard someone been aggressive off his back against him. To beat GSP, it would be necessary (koscheck + Diaz) style, which obviously will not happens.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Sh*t's getting interesting...

Per Helwani's twitter:

E-mail from Keith Kizer of NSAC: "Thank you for the many email and phone calls. I am still waiting for all the steroid and drug test results to come back. We did have at least one positive test. I will send out an email later today on that matter."

12 Last