bswagos
    bswagos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2547

Bristol, TN

Anyone live there or been to the NASCAR race? Thinking about heading out there in August for the race and looking for some info.

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I went to the Spring race a few years ago and used to go the Drag Race there every year.As far as Nascar race,its one of the best tracks to watch a race.They say the night race is better because the weather is warmer and its a night race.If you can get tickets,Id say go for it,youll definitely enjoy it.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

A few things:

1. I love Nascar.
    2. Bristol is awesome.
    3. Bristol used to be legendary.
    4. Go to Talladega.
    5. Bristol is still a top 5 track; Richmond may now be ahead of it, Daytona and Dega are ahead of it, and who wouldn't wanna go to Vegas and gamble/watch Nascar

I went last year to the spring race though, it was unbelievable.

bswagos

What is the hotel situation like around the race weekend? I will be flying in, is Charlotte the best option?

I live in Nevada and have been to the Vegas race, no great shakes. I grew up watching Saturday night short track racing so while this might sound weird, I am looking for the rednecky NASCAR experience and Bristol seems to be at the top of that list. Not a big fan of going to Dega, no desire to watch the cars pass by once every minute.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

i live in knoxville, tn...about 90 min from the track

and yes, its amazing and a MUST attend for any real nascar/motor sports fan...especially the august night race..
    it blows the spring race away....comparing spring to night race is apples to oranges...if u ever see the night race u wont to go any other time...ive been to night race 6 times, spring race 1 time (by choice)...i get free tickerts every year since i moved here

i go all the time and it never gets boring...never...and ive been to alot of tracks on the circuit including daytona, and none compare to bristol night race
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-03-12 at 11:16 PM.

WolverineFan
    WolverineFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

You can get hotel closer than Charlotte..u can look around the tri-city area around Bristol and look in bluff city..if u book ahead u should have No problem getting a room 20-30 mins away tops..I go to both races every year and pull my camper but have got a room a few times and it's not too bad just try to book ahead of time and you will have No problem..It is a great race to watch and there's not a bad seat n the place cause u can c the action from anywhere..Any race fan would love it

bswagos

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
    You can get hotel closer than Charlotte..u can look around the tri-city area around Bristol and look in bluff city..if u book ahead u should have No problem getting a room 20-30 mins away tops..I go to both races every year and pull my camper but have got a room a few times and it's not too bad just try to book ahead of time and you will have No problem..It is a great race to watch and there's not a bad seat n the place cause u can c the action from anywhere..Any race fan would love it
    Unfortunately the Bristol trip is now up in the air because we are going to Sonoma for sure and that is going to be a motorhome/trailer trip. I wasn't thinking of staying in Charlotte but I am pretty sure that is the closest place to fly into from the west.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

u can come crash at my pad for free...if u end up going anyways