sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Floyd's gotta be broke, fighting cotto now...

Maybe it's a ploy?

Just fight Manny 50/50 already...

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

kind of hard to fight manny when his promoter wants nothing to do with fighting you......

It was just this week that Arum said he would go to the Philippines to meet with Pacquiao and present him with the names of four possible opponents for May or June: Miguel Cotto, Marquez, Lamont Peterson and Timothy Bradley Jr.

Arum figured Mayweather would be in jail and off the table. Now that Mayweather is available and seemingly would like to make the match, Arum suddenly isn't interested.

He used the lame excuse of the cut Pacquiao suffered against Marquez, saying he might not be ready for May. (I've never heard of a cut taking more than six months to heal.) However, earlier this week, when Arum thought Mayweather would be on ice behind bars, he said there was a good possibility Pacquiao would fight in May.

Moments after Mayweather was granted the continuance, Arum changed his tune.

"We're fighting in June, one of the four guys," Arum told me over the phone.

I asked him, now that Mayweather was available, would he at least be part of the conversation when Arum meets with Pacquiao next week?

A perturbed Arum's response was, "Absolutely not. Nope."

Come again? You won't even talk about it with Pacquiao, I asked very politely.

"My mission is to go over to the Philippines and talk about these four guys," Arum said. "If Manny feels he wants to go in May, he will tell me. I want to make sure Manny's cuts are healed. We won't fall under this kind of pressure. June is much more likely for Manny's fight, not May."

So May was a real possibility yesterday, but now there's no way?

"What if they fought and Manny started bleeding on the first punch?" a clearly flustered Arum said. "I don't know if Manny is available to fight in May. I have no idea. I haven't talked to him; I haven't seen him. Seems to me, June is more likely based on what his plastic surgeon said."

Arum threw out another "reason" (or excuse, as far as I'm concerned) not to try to make Pacquiao-Mayweather for May 5.

"I don't even know if Mayweather will be licensed [by the Nevada State Athletic Commission] before he serves his time," Arum said.

It would seem to me that if a judge would free Mayweather to make a megafight in Las Vegas, with the economic impact of the fight being a major reason for the decision, then the commission -- political appointees -- would understand what a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight would mean to the community.

In other words, with the amount of money it would generate for the desperate local economy, there is no way the commission wouldn't license Mayweather to fight Pacquiao or anyone else on May 5.

why does he have to be broke? the guys gonna make at least 40 mil for this fight....you wouldnt want another 40 mil if you already sitting on 40 mil? when your at the height of your earning power? why does this signal anything about being "broke"

bobby heenan
    Update your status

floyds gonna fight cotto at 154...no weight draining pussy shit....no fighting a guy for a vacant 154 belt at a 150 catchweight

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Floyd vs Cotto

I'm fighting Miguel Cotto on May 5th because Miss Pac Man is ducking me.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Via his twitter.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

look how easily floyd and cotto got made without bob arum having to be inolved......should be some food for though for those who claimed floyd had been ducking cotto years ago...lol

should be food for thought for those who still think arum isnt the reason floyd cant get pac....pretty easy for floyd to make fights without arum

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yes makes arum/pac look real bad that the fight with cotto is made quite easily right when cotto is no longer a bob arum/top rank fighter.

Loved when arum also said that mayweather would never fight mosley because mosley would definately beat him. Roach also said this on espn.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

How soon will there be a line out on it?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Mayweather vs Cotto May 5th..

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I'll predict Floyd -600

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

Who are you guys picking?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    Who are you guys picking?
    Floyd wins going away. Either unanimous decision or late TKO.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

floyd easy.....i like miguel alot as a fighter too....saw him fight pac, mosley, and mike jennings live....but theres a world class a level fighter...and then theres floyd....floyd is just too much...too much educated footwork....too much ring intelligence/savvy....just too many ways floyd can beat you....and there usually comes a point where the other guy notices it.....they start getting gun shy and start to realize what they are in against....people always said "well if oscar just kept jabbing" or "shane just stopped throwing" ..."if zab this...."....but these guys started having ,what was being successful for them earlier, being taken away from them........miguel is a very good fighter....just not enough tools to beat floyd

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

its time for boxing to have another buster douglass like upset

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    its time for boxing to have another buster douglass like upset
    Would be nice. Not going to happen here though.