neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    I read it.

The second test (on a sample given later) does not invalidate the first.
    How many negative samples do you suppose A-Rod gave in his career?
    it matters how soon it was given, i am guessing it was the next few days.

it was given during the playoffs. so mid October ish and then he had anther result test negative in "late" October.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I think Nyjer Morgan is also on the roids as well. How else do you get roid rage?

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Maybe its an anti-semitic conspiracy.

jkilla990
    jkilla990's Avatar Become A Pro!

if i got paid and laid as much as he does id do roids to keep it going as well, just like every other mlb star

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

What a tool. Play the game without cheating.

neverstoppers23

ryan braun didn't take steroids, it was 'ped', likely a supplement.

there is a huge difference between them, and they shouldn't just be counted as the same thing.

again though, this is going to be going into arbitration because the 2nd test he was giving just days later was not positive.

but we as a society love to jump the gun and convict everybody we see, without the facts.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Why hate on Braun?? Because he actually gives a sh1t and wants to be the best??

Bring Steroids back.

Made baseball a lot more fun.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

He kinda looks like a white Sam Cassell with hair

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    ryan braun didn't take steroids, it was 'ped', likely a supplement.

there is a huge difference between them, and they shouldn't just be counted as the same thing.

again though, this is going to be going into arbitration because the 2nd test he was giving just days later was not positive.

but we as a society love to jump the gun and convict everybody we see, without the facts.
    "Synthetic Testosterone" = steroid.

You are berating people for jumping to conclusions when you are guilty of exactly that.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

... and you know that the chemists that formulate these things know the nature of the tests right and try to stay one step ahead, right?
    That's the name of the game. Maybe he bought some cheap stuff.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

give mvp to kemp...this is a disgrace

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

"Synthetic Testosterone" = steroid.

You are berating people for jumping to conclusions when you are guilty of exactly that.
    They feed that shit to cows and chickens too. It is in your milk, your beef, your chicken, ect, unless you eat organic.

I'm calling BS on the result of that first test. No way Braun is abusing PED's. His build has remained slight, and his stats have improved but remained consistent.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    They feed that shit to cows and chickens too. It is in your milk, your beef, your chicken, ect, unless you eat organic.

I'm calling BS on the result of that first test. No way Braun is abusing PED's. His build has remained slight, and his stats have improved but remained consistent.
    You might be right, I actually hope you are but if he has been cheating a 50 game suspension is not enough.
    If they are serious about stamping this stuff out, it needs multi-year bans.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

This thread is sad.

Everyone in sports "cheats". Kids in HS use steroids.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

******* BUM. This goes to show NEVER trust another JEW in your life! I dont even like saying the word JEW. Jesus Christ it makes me sick. Wiggington > Braun
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: numismatist

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Loser

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!

neverstoppers is going to be devastated.

First Grienke gets squeezed all playoffs now this

Keelo
    Keelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Not buying it.

neverstoppers23

from jsonline
    Source: Braun will be vindicated
    :I just talked to someone familiar with Ryan Braun's positive drug test and he insisted that the Brewers' star left fielder will be cleared on the appeal process and that this information never should have come out.

The ESPN report said Braun tested positive for an abnormally high level of testosterone in his system. No player ever has had a positive drug test overturned in appeal.

If Braun’s suspension is upheld, it would start at the beginning of the 2012 regular season. Brewers spokesman Tyler Barnes said the club had not been informed by the commissioner’s office that Braun tested positive for a banned substance and faced a suspension.

Creative Artists Agency, which represents Braun did release a statement indicating the positive test is being vehemently disputed:

“There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence and demonstrate that there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program. While Ryan has impeccable character and no previous history, unfortunately, because of the process we have to maintain confidentiality and are not able to discuss it any further, but we are confident that he will ultimately be exonerated.”

A CAA spokesman said that neither Braun nor his agent, Nez Balelo, would have a comment during the appeal process.

But a source familiar with the situation told the Journal Sentinel that a second test requested by Braun was negative and was being used in the appeal process to overturn the first results. That source also indicated the banned substance was not a performance-enhancing drug.

“The truth will prevail; I really feel good about that,” said the source. “It just stinks that this got out before the appeal process is finished. Initial positive tests have been overturned before, proving the player is innocent, and nobody ever knows.”

Obviously, this person was on Braun's side of the story but he was vehement that he knew enough details to support his comments.

Former NBA star Reggie Miller, not an analyst for TNT, lives next to Braun in Malibu, Calif., and posted this tweet after the report surfaced: “Just spoke with my neighbor, Ryan Braun. He says test is bogus, can only believe a man for his word. Truth will always come out.”

And, I'm not sure how USA Today's Bob Nightengale got hold of Braun, but he quoted him as saying "It's B.S.", referring to the ESPN report that he tested positive for a PED and faces a 50-game suspension.

The source said Braun was tested in early October, at the start of the postseason, and was apprised of the positive result a couple of weeks later. Braun immediately requested a second test, which came back normal. Whether the lag time between the first and second test compromises Braun's appeal, I couldn't tell you.

A first positive test results in a 50-game suspension, followed by a 100-game suspension for a second and a lifetime ban for a third. A player is not paid his salary during such suspensions.

Braun, who signed a five-year extension in April worth $105 million that committed him to the Brewers through 2020, was a major force in the Brewers’ surge to their first NL Central crown and 96-victory season. He batted .332 with 33 home runs, 111 runs batted in, 109 runs scored, 33 stolen bases and a .597 slugging percentage, tops in the league.

No reigning MVP ever has been suspended for a positive drug test. The reward is presented by the Baseball Writer’s Association of America, and that association’s president, Bill Shaikin, noted that Alex Rodriguez’s 2003 American League MVP award was not stripped after admitting later to steroid use during that period.

Braun has admitted to no such use, so any calls for stripping his MVP Award are premature until all of the facts of the case are made public.

The ESPN report indicated Braun’s positive test was triggered by elevated levels of testosterone. A more comprehensive tested revealed that testosterone was synthetic and therefore not produced by his body.

ESPN’s sources did not indicate how high above the threshold Braun’s sample tested. But the report said Braun told people he did not knowingly take a banned substance and hoped to prove that with his appear.

Even if that’s true, however, it does not mean Braun’s suspension will be overturned. A player must prove that he was not in any way negligent to successfully appeal.

MLB’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Policy went into effect after the 2003 season after a period of enhanced-offensive performance known as “The Steroid Era.” Beyond PEDs, amphetamines later were added to the list of banned substances. In the new labor agreement just completely, players will be subject to blood testing for HGH beginning in 2012.

The policy provides little leniency for players, saying MLB is “not required to otherwise establish intent, fault, negligence or knowing use of a prohibited substance on the player’s part to establish such a violation.”

In other words, if a player claims he did not knowingly take a banned substance, he must show he was not negligent in any way to have a positive test overturned"

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135391398.html

just some more info from js online

"I just received a text message from Ryan Braun. Because his appeal of a positive drug test is ongoing, he cannot comment on the record about any of the details or give any information about what happened and what's going on.

But Braun was quite adamant that he will get this positive drug test overturned. He said he wanted to hold a press conference today to give his side of the story but was adviced against it while the process is ongoing.

"I can't wait to get that opportunity," said Braun.

"This is all B.S. I am completely innocent."

That's all Braun can say for now, which is understandable. But I appreciate him reaching out to me to say what he could."

so again, lets all rush to judgement and call this guy out, before he even gets his chance to appeal. whoever leaked this out in the mlb should lose their mofo job.
    Last edited by neverstoppers23; 12-11-11 at 01:35 AM.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

There is this ad on ESPN and on sports radio WFAN 660 in New York for a testosterone boosting drug that they are selling FDA approved expected to boost male testosterone levels by up to 61%.

If you can get it over the counter or some product like that it is selling via major media outlets like ESPN commercials or WFAN commercials....why does that have to be banned from baseball?

neverstoppers23

if i were braun i would sue the mlb for leaking this. its complete bull shit that they are dragging this guys name through the mud like this. braun can' comment on it offically under mlb's rules. but they can go ahead and back channel it to the media, it ******* pisses me off.

once he gets vindicated, sue the mlb braun. take them for all their worth.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braun getting squeezed just like Grienke

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Damn - all my Braunie signed stuff just lost all its value!

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    This thread is sad.

Everyone in sports "cheats". Kids in HS use steroids.
    High school is fake, the real world is real.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    High school is fake, the real world is real.
    Quite the opposite.

In the real world, you have professional doctors supplying you any drug you want and helping you pass tests.
    It's a big business and big money.

NFL would be canceled completely forever if they actually had legit tests for everything.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post

Made baseball a lot more fun.
    Yeah, like the time Clemens wanted to shove the broken bat up Piazza's ass on national TV with 100000 million people watching.

That had to be one of my more 'fun' steroid moments.

stevenash

Can we replace the "Hebrew Hammer" now with the "Juicing Jew"?

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19339

Not very impressive power numbers if he was on the juice. Can Milwaukee get out of their contract and pay Fielder instead?

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Can we replace the "Hebrew Hammer" now with the "Juicing Jew"?
    I already said that earlier. Its still funny.

stevenash

Sorry, I should have read the whole thread through.

"Juicing Jew" has gone totally viral now.
    All over the internet.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

what a piece of shit scum thug this guy is. Horrible person

stevenash

Every stat of should have an asterisk next to it.

Do the right thing Braun, give your MVP award to Kemp who you stole it from.
    Last edited by stevenash; 12-11-11 at 08:04 AM.

Swipe317
    Swipe317's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Everyone knows Kemp is the MVP, I hope it's taken away from Braun. Kemp literally just had the greatest MLB season we will ever see, can't even win MVP for it.

1st in HR
    1st in RBI
    3RD in AVG
    1st in Runs
    2nd in Stolen Bases.

Awards are just a gimmick anymore, and RG3 wins Heisman, Case Keenum played better defenses in conference USA than the Big 12, not even nominated. Barkely???

Awards no longer have any merit to skill or value of a player.

stevenash

Sandy Koufax never cheated.
    Hank Greenburg never cheated.

Braun is a disgrace to his people.
    If he was Catholic, he would be excommunicated.

The Jews have a word for excommunication, it's called Cherem, he is a disgrace to every Jew living or dead

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

story is hot and everywhere right now

of course they are going to deny deny deny and say that he will be vindicated. then 3 months from now when it isn't on every front page newspaper in america he will take the suspension. no way he gets exonerated.

kemp should get the MVP

First 123456 Last