Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

How to handle 1st round fantasy draft (CJ situation)

What is everyone's approach on this. I'm in 2 leagues where I'm 4th and 5th pick. Both of these drafts are this week. I think he will be available for atleast one of these drafts when it gets 2 me. How are you guys handling this?

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

If he is left at 4 or 5 guys in league must not have a fukkin clue. No way he should make it past 3 in any league. He will be there opening weekend. U can book that.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

take him, he will play, at least he is practicing, playing with the team, they will sign him. Even worth it if he did hold out for a game, but he won't, he's not that stupid.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Tread lightly

mnpickle
    mnpickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3194

I had #1 over and I was thinking about taking him. The only reason I didn't was because drafting Adrian Peterson will give me reason to actually watch vikings games!

Ninersnut

He's practicing?

Ninersnut

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    take him, he will play, at least he is practicing, playing with the team, they will sign him. Even worth it if he did hold out for a game, but he won't, he's not that stupid.

Come on TT fantasy guru, I thought you were here to make us $$$. Tell me how CJ is practicing and holding out at the same time. It seems counter productive if you ask me.

Ninersnut

So no1 else is running into this problem? When the fukk are you fools drafting?

ttwarrior1

after the official practice is over, players are crossing the street to another field where his entourage is.

He's working out and he will sign. chill out dude, i had a typo. If your scared to draft cj then don't do it. Take j charles. Id rather have foster at 1

Ninersnut

He just flew in today to meet about his deal. I knew you were full of shit but not this much. I hope the kiddies in your fantasy thread aren't really taking you seriously.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    So no1 else is running into this problem? When the fukk are you fools drafting?
    Well I picked 12th in an SBR league last night, had he fallen to 12th, I woulda taken him. He did fall to 7th tho. In your position, it depends on who was taken ahead of you. More than likely J Charles, Peterson and Foster are gone, if one of those guys is somehow still there take him.

I think CJ will be there for the first game, too much to lose for both sides. Part of the holdup was waiting to find out some of the details on Fitz's new contract, at least from CJ's side of it. I think Ray Rice would be a solid pick, expecting him to have a strong year and wouldn't be surprised if he put up better numbers than CJ.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Picking 9th in 12 team league.

ttwarrior1

go with mendy then fitz or nicks on way back

Ninersnut

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-eye-to-eye/

Doesn't look good draft t-minus 7 hours. Rice or Turner will probably be my line of thinking.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

if rice is there hes your guy...if not...i agree with tt....take a look at mendy...good offense/situation...nice schedule for the running game.....300 touches guaranteed....goal line looks.....and i think he gets more involved in the passing game this year...hes safe plus i think he has some upside too

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

I draft 3rd tomorrow night. I hope some fukk takes Vick at 1 or 2 so I don't have to deal with the CJ dilemma.

ttwarrior1

turner is a mid 2nd rounder in most leagues

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

it should go, in some order, AP, foster, charles. if you have the 4th pick your choice is johnson(could pay off huge) or go with rodgers. to take any other rb 4th is too big a risk, as the next tier of RBs are all the same, and to have to pick which will be the best, is too big of a gamble

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    it should go, in some order, AP, foster, charles. if you have the 4th pick your choice is johnson(could pay off huge) or go with rodgers. to take any other rb 4th is too big a risk, as the next tier of RBs are all the same, and to have to pick which will be the best, is too big of a gamble
    are you serious...alot of places(pay sites) have rice ranked 2nd overall...hes a great choice in that spot....he has arian fosters old fullback blocking for him....no mcgahee...he should see more goal line opps....and he catches a shit ton of passes

charles is risky...hes still going to see his potential stunted with jones and maybe even mccluster a bit....their schedule is a bit tougher this year...hell prob get it done with yardage again....but the lack of tds really sucks

mendy has a good schedule against the run...and a good offense..hell see the goal line work....there are other solid options after ap, foster, and charles...ap could be in for tough sledding this year...hes the most talented...but mcnabb is a shell of himself....their line isnt very good....and harvin is going to be forced to be a number 1 receiver when hes not suited for it....they dont have a legit guy on the outside that can help them use harvin properly

mrpooh

Take Mendy or Rice and see your season tank. Rice is nothing special, 7th at best

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Take Mendy or Rice and see your season tank. Rice is nothing special, 7th at best
    lol...the guy has caught like 163 balls the last 3 years...always involved in the passing game....decent line and schedule against the run...and the lead fullback who paved the way for foster last year....let me pick 7th in your league and give me rice...and i will own everyone

Ninersnut

I'm pretty sure turner goes first round in a 12 man league TT what is this nonsense about mid 2nd rounder.....

mrpooh

Unless rice gets TDs, which he hasn't shown any reason he will crack 10+, he will be middle pack

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Unless rice gets TDs, which he hasn't shown any reason he will crack 10+, he will be middle pack
    McGahee the TD vulture is in Denver.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

mcgahee is gone....now they brought in ricky williams...but i doubt he takes all of the goal line looks....they brought in vonta leach from houston...hell be paving the way for rice down near the goal...little guy, low to the ground, hiding behind leach and nobody will be able to see him and find him