King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Ok. So tax loopholes hurt the small businesses that pay those taxes but big corporations don't because of their lobbyists. Corporitism is not a free market. Those old farts should worry about that first, instead of some poor black kid getting a free lunch.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Joe Biden is a total idiot. He is about as dumb as they get. He does do one thing for Obama. Biden is basically Obama's insurance policy. If the VP had any brains at all, Obama would have been done away with already. But since Biden is so far to the Left that he makes Putin look like a Conservative, Obama is safe. No one in any type of mind would want that fool running the nation.

Turd Ferguson
    Turd Ferguson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20463

Have al-Qaeda leaders demanded an apology yet?

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Tea Party
    • Eliminate Excessive Taxes
    • Eliminate the National Debt
    • Eliminate Deficit Spending
    • Protect Free Markets
    • Abide by the Constitution of the United States
    • Promote Civic Responsibility
    • Reduce the Overall Size of Government
    How horrible huh?
    I think why they are being looked down upon are their negotiating tactics. Or lack of essentially holding all of America as hostage. My way or the highway bullshit.

supershark
    supershark's Avatar Become A Pro!

"either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists" lol gotta love bush

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8763

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    I think why they are being looked down upon are their negotiating tactics. Or lack of essentially holding all of America as hostage. My way or the highway bullshit.
    Perhaps so but its funny how the main stream media attempted to make them out to be the ones that held America hostage and they weren't willing to negotiate. The people made it real clear in November what they expect the Politicians to do. The democrats and the left media simply choose to ignore this. They are in denial.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Have al-Qaeda leaders demanded an apology yet?

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The only way to reduce the 15 trillion dollar debt is through a combination of drastic spending and strategic tax increases to the ones who can afford to pay for it. If you do one without the other you will be back to square one in 10 years.
    The top 1% already pay 38% of all income tax. The top 5% pay 59% of all income tax. How much are they supposed to pay?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8763

99%

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    The top 1% already pay 38% of all income tax. The top 5% pay 59% of all income tax. How much are they supposed to pay?
    Then if you don't want additional taxes then you have to cut expenses by 50%. That means no US troops should be stationed overseas, reduce the fleet to just one aircraft carrier and 5 submarines and no US vessels or aircraft should be more than 12 nautical miles from the US coast. Then find jobs for all the people who are going to lose their military jobs. Same thing needs to be done for social services. Reduce the government employees and open up refugee tent camps for all the people that will lose their benefits. The military budget and the social services budget needs to go away. Same with the social security system. Germany and Japan have strong economies because their military budgets are 100X times less than the US.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 08-03-11 at 06:17 PM.

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

Then if you don't want additional taxes then you have to cut expenses by 50%. That means no US troops should be stationed overseas, reduce the fleet to just one aircraft carrier and 5 submarines and no US vessels or aircraft should be more than 12 nautical miles from the US cost. Then find jobs for all the people who are going to lose their military jobs. Same thing needs to be done for social services. Reduce the government employees and open up refugee tent camps for all the people that will lose their benefits. The military budget and the social services budget needs to go away. Same with the social security system. Germany and Japan have strong economies because their military budgets are 100X times less than the US.
    Didnt Obama say he wanted to that when he was running for president? So did he lie about it to get votes, or maybe when he reached the oval office and got the daily terroist reports did he realize that maybe this war was worth fighting? People think were just fighting a war for no reason. We are obviously in a crisis dealing with our money. Dont you think Obama would cut government spending for the military if possible?

jarvol

Then if you don't want additional taxes then you have to cut expenses by 50%. That means no US troops should be stationed overseas, reduce the fleet to just one aircraft carrier and 5 submarines and no US vessels or aircraft should be more than 12 nautical miles from the US cost. Then find jobs for all the people who are going to lose their military jobs. Same thing needs to be done for social services. Reduce the government employees and open up refugee tent camps for all the people that will lose their benefits. The military budget and the social services budget needs to go away. Same with the social security system. Germany and Japan have strong economies because their military budgets are 100X times less than the US.
    Perhaps you should invest in a calculator or just a different cocktail napkin.

The Defense budget is only 20% of expenses and yes it should be cut significantly but by no means would that mean a fleet of 6 you moeron. Its budget needs to be appropriate for national defense NOT imperialistic offense which has been a failure of a foreign policy for the last 60 years.

Why would it be my issue to find jobs for all ex-military or ex-government bureacrats? They can apply for jobs with their marketable skills or start their own business or educate themselves with marketable skills like everybody else.

I have never said all social services should be stopped ASAP. They should be phased out allowing people the time to plan for being responsible for their own well-being. If somebody can't take of themself and their family, friends, and tax-exempt churches and charities refuse to take care of them, then why should I be forced to take care of them?
    Last edited by jarvol; 08-03-11 at 06:13 PM.

jarvol

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Didnt Obama say he wanted to that when he was running for president? So did he lie about it to get votes, or maybe when he reached the oval office and got the daily terroist reports did he realize that maybe this war was worth fighting? People think were just fighting a war for no reason. We are obviously in a crisis dealing with our money. Dont you think Obama would cut government spending for the military if possible?
    Closing Gitmo and ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan was all hope and no change for the sheep. More of the same old same old lies from Democrats and Republicans.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Perhaps so but its funny how the main stream media attempted to make them out to be the ones that held America hostage and they weren't willing to negotiate. The people made it real clear in November what they expect the Politicians to do. The democrats and the left media simply choose to ignore this. They are in denial.
    First, nice of you to respond with class and decency. I agree they were elected to do a job, just from what I hear it was extreme and ultimately put our nation in jeapordy. However, I get most of my information from the mainstream media, so I hear, read what they want me to. Best of luck Sir, I am afraid our days are numbered for one reason or another.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Well the top % 5 have 69 percent of the wealth and the top % 1 have 42 percent of the mula...

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Dont you think Obama would cut government spending for the military if possible?
    Not right now because he cannot afford the jump in unemployment ... you cut spending by 50% on defense ... you got to find tens of thousands of new jobs .... (or pay unemployment for a few months to add to the debt)

:0)

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Well they are not exactly a true minority. They picked up an historic 87 seats in the most powerful branch of US government, the House of Representatives. They are the majority there.

You could say they are a minority because they control one of three branches. But the House controls the money and things like debt limits are their baby.

Personally, I dont blame the right. They won in a landslide 10 months ago to go to Washington and stop the government from spending us into bankruptcy. Love them, hate them or otherwise they are only doing what they said they were going to do in the last national elections.

Are you saying the tea party picked up 87 seats?
    You think 87 members of the house of reps consider themselves tea party members?

jarvol

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Well the top % 5 have 69 percent of the wealth and the top % 1 have 42 percent of the mula...
    We talking income taxes or some fictitious "asset" tax blockhead?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15206

The Defense budget is only 20% of expenses and yes it should be cut significantly but by no means would that mean a fleet of 6 you moeron. Its budget needs to be appropriate for national defense NOT imperialistic offense which has been a failure of a foreign policy for the last 60 years.

Why would it be my issue to find jobs for all ex-military or ex-government bureacrats? They can apply for jobs with their marketable skills or start their own business or educate themselves with marketable skills like everybody else.

I have never said all social services should be stopped ASAP. They should be phased out allowing people the time to plan for being responsible for their own well-being. If somebody can't take of themself and their family, friends, and tax-exempt churches and charities refuse to take care of them, then why should I be forced to take care of them?
    The cost of all these recent wars have been 4 trillion. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out without the wars and massive military spending the deficit could be at least 50% less.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

The GDP globally is at issue, the debt worldwide is becoming unsustainable, the wiggle room is becoming smaller

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I said cut the expenses by 50%. That means cutting military expenses by 50%, social services by 50%, everything by 50%. We don't need that big of a miltary. It's been 200 years since a country invaded US and is not happening again anytime soon. We are safe. The Russians are not coming. It was all a big lie.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 08-03-11 at 06:57 PM.

Money

I said cut the expenses by 50%. That means cutting military expenses by 50%, social services by 50%, everything by 50%. We don't need that big of a miltary. It's been 200 years since a country invaded US and is not happening anytime soon. We are safe. The Russians are not coming. It was all a big lie.

It was all a big lie but the president from opposing party who said he was ending war, has continued it. But hey it was all a big lie and we have no business being over there. Always people thinking they know everything. Incredible

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The problem that Obama refuses to face is this. Technology is replacing people. Blue collar jobs will become fewer and fewer as technology takes over. Trying to save "Factory" Jobs is totally idotic. Saving GM and Chrysler was totally idotic. What people have to realize is that "White" collar jobs will be replacing "Blue" collar Jobs in this nation. Obama is also in a major bind on the Job front. Every one of his ideas has failed. No one is going to buy his B.S. about all the jobs that he "saved" by wasting trillions of dollars. Obama said that the unemployment rate would never climb past 8%. It is at 9.2% now, and probably will get worse. If he cuts the defense budget, he adds to the unemployment problem and cannot win reelection. So he is going to have to find something else to cut. Entitlements will be the first on the list, followed by Subsidy's to farmers and to oil companies. Welfare will also take a big hit, but those people do not work anyways, so it will not affect the unemployment numbers. Remember Obama is out for Obama, and no one else. He is America's version of a dictator. He will do anything, and sell anyone out to win reelection. If you think I am wrong, tell me how many "wars" he has ended? Tell me how many "wars" he has started. I believe the score is 1-0 for starting.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Remember Obama is out for Obama, and no one else.
    Very much like the people who say ... "Want less government ? .. vote me into a government position"

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post
    Very much like the people who say ... "Want less government ? .. vote me into a government position"
    The irony in their hypocrisy is not something they will ever understand

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post
    I agree to an extent, but you will have trouble convincing Tea Party electees of that. They voted against the ceiling extention. Your best hope at this time is for two or three Tea party Republicans get appointed to the "Super Congress".

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The problem that Obama refuses to face is this. Technology is replacing people. Blue collar jobs will become fewer and fewer as technology takes over. Trying to save "Factory" Jobs is totally idotic. Saving GM and Chrysler was totally idotic. What people have to realize is that "White" collar jobs will be replacing "Blue" collar Jobs in this nation. Obama is also in a major bind on the Job front. Every one of his ideas has failed. No one is going to buy his B.S. about all the jobs that he "saved" by wasting trillions of dollars. Obama said that the unemployment rate would never climb past 8%. It is at 9.2% now, and probably will get worse. If he cuts the defense budget, he adds to the unemployment problem and cannot win reelection. So he is going to have to find something else to cut. Entitlements will be the first on the list, followed by Subsidy's to farmers and to oil companies. Welfare will also take a big hit, but those people do not work anyways, so it will not affect the unemployment numbers. Remember Obama is out for Obama, and no one else. He is America's version of a dictator. He will do anything, and sell anyone out to win reelection. If you think I am wrong, tell me how many "wars" he has ended? Tell me how many "wars" he has started. I believe the score is 1-0 for starting.
    Obama's in a bind on the jobs front primarily because he can't even appoint a Fed director, much less pass jobs legislation. Are we surprised that the economy slowed down once ARRA and QE2 ran out and now he can't pass more?

I never get tired of that "Obama said the stimulus would keep unemployment under 8%" argument. The 2008 GDP numbers were revised downward in a huge way, from -0.5% in Q308 and -3.8% in Q408 to -3.7% in Q308 and -8.9% in Q408. In short, unemployment is high not because the stimulus failed, but because Bush was an even bigger failure than we originally thought and the baseline numbers Obama used were overly optimistic. How can anyone think the stimulus failed when the government started hemorrhaging jobs after it expired and its been a drag on economic growth ever since.

I don't know anyone who seriously believes Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security are on the chopping block ahead of farm subsidies and oil subsidies. Although I appreciate that you think defense spending cuts would lead to more unemployment. I just as soon figured most tea party types believed anyone who gets a check from the government was on welfare whether they worked for it or not. And what exactly do you think people do with their welfare money anyway? Light it on fire? Those food stamps are padding some grocery store's bottom line, without it you think they wouldn't be forced to cut back on staff? I swear its like you somehow think unemployed people just turn into stone between jobs and don't actually exist.

As far as being a dictator, stop equating tyranny with losing an election. That's not a good look, and it will only make people question your commitment to democracy further, hence why you're already being accused of terrorism and terrorist tactics.
    Points Awarded:

King Mayan gave agharah1 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

nasaki
    nasaki's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bitch McConnell said he enjoyed being a hostage taker today on Faux News. There you go folks !

The terrorist just confessed.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Exactly..most consumers (ages 18-45) spend on credit and not cash and this is what got us in this mess of 15 trillion dollars debt. 40-50 years ago this was never a problem. People bought vehicles with cash, appliances with cash, put 20-30% down payment for houses and only went on vacation when they have saved the cash. Now these people rack up CC debt and then they spend the rest of their lives paying interest.
    Pavy you really have no clue. Consumer spending has nothing to do with the national debt.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Pavy you really have no clue. Consumer spending has nothing to do with the national debt.
    How can u say that when one (consumer spending with cc's, higher purchase etc) is a small part of the other (national debt)...It all adds up at the end of the day alby...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Really? What caused consumers to buy housing without inadequate income? People were getting interest only mortgages on house they couldn't afford and having 5-10 max out CC's. Then when they couldn't pay 50% of the banks failed and the other 50% who didn't fail had to be rescued by the government. Well all that money the governent spent to momentarily rectify the problem is part of the 15 trillion debt problem now amongst others.

Now telly us your version on why we have 15 trillion dollar debt. We are waiting.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 08-04-11 at 01:25 PM.

Money

A major problem is that 20% of the American population are on food stamps. The government cannot afford to support that many people. We will never get out of this debt if we don't stop giving out money to people who don't contribute to our country. Yes, we want the standard of living and poverty to be good, but we cannot just spend outrageous amounts of money

jarvol

Really? What caused consumers to buy housing without adequate income? People were getting interest only mortgages on house they couldn't afford and having 5-10 max out CC's. Then when they couldn't pay 50% of the banks failed and the other 50% who didn't fail had to be rescued by the government. Well all that money the governent spent to momentarily rectify the problem is part of the 15 trillion debt problem now amongst others.

Now telly us your version on why we have 15 trillion dollar debt. We are waiting.
    Personal spending, personal debt, bankruptcies, bank failures, etc have only a small indirect effect on the national debt due to those individuals and banks paying less in taxes. It is a very, very small drop in the bucket on the $1.4 trillion dollar yearly deficit. The government has grown out of control, is very inefficient and wasteful, and just flat out spends over $1 trillion more than it collects in revenue. Has virtually nothing to do with consumer spending habits. You need to find an Economics 101 textbook.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Personal spending, personal debt, bankruptcies, bank failures, etc have only a small indirect effect on the national debt due to those individuals and banks paying less in taxes. It is a very, very small drop in the bucket on the $1.4 trillion dollar yearly deficit. The government has grown out of control, is very inefficient and wasteful, and just flat out spends over $1 trillion more than it collects in revenue. Has virtually nothing to do with consumer spending habits. You need to find an Economics 101 textbook.
    So if the government shrinks meaning more people will get on unemployment and food stamps and consumers keep buying property and stuff they can't afford to drive the economy that will shrink the 15 trillion dollar debt? How is more people on unemployment and food stamps will shrink the debt?

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Really? What caused consumers to buy housing without inadequate income? People were getting interest only mortgages on house they couldn't afford and having 5-10 max out CC's. Then when they couldn't pay 50% of the banks failed and the other 50% who didn't fail had to be rescued by the government. Well all that money the governent spent to momentarily rectify the problem is part of the 15 trillion debt problem now amongst others.

I repeat clueless. You have no earthly idea what's going on.

First 12345 Last