valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    It is a movement built on folk wisdom and superstition, committed to ruling this country or seeing it burned to ashes. Some real Mommar Qaddafi's that lot.
    Wow. It took very, VERY few words for you to come to a full-fledged EPIC FAIL.

1) The Tea Party Movement is NOT about governance. It is about a set of principles and beliefs. It is about holding publicly elected officials feet to the fire in regards to spending, over-spending, and wasteful spending. Are there politicians who identify themselves as "tea party"? Sure. Did some already elected politicians jump on the bandwagon when they saw a polling trend? Absolutely. But make no mistake, the ideas behind the Tea Party movement were to forge accountability for EVERY politician in D.C., regardless of party, to move back to sensible use of "revenue".

2) As I'm getting tired of typing I'll tackle folk wisdom and superstition in one sentence.... It's a movement built on common sense and a fact based approach.

3) Qaddafi? Seriously? Is that you, Mr. Vice-President?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Source? I know a lot of people with legitimate jobs are leaving, haven't heard the same about illegals
    Source: come to Los Angeles, old Hispanic neighborhoods are white now.

Why do you think other states are seeing a influx of mexicans, they can't afford living here.

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

i agree they are political and economic terrorist. terrorists use hostages and threats of destruction to obtain political goals which they do not have the democratic power to obtain thru legitimate govt means.
    that is exactly what they are. but it isnt there fault it is the presidents fault for not calling their bluff and emboldening them even more. i guess its up to we the people to take care of these terrorists at the ballot box.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

What perplexes me is how such a minority are able to wield such an influence

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    What perplexes me is how such a minority are able to wield such an influence
    Well they are not exactly a true minority. They picked up an historic 87 seats in the most powerful branch of US government, the House of Representatives. They are the majority there.

You could say they are a minority because they control one of three branches. But the House controls the money and things like debt limits are their baby.

Personally, I dont blame the right. They won in a landslide 10 months ago to go to Washington and stop the government from spending us into bankruptcy. Love them, hate them or otherwise they are only doing what they said they were going to do in the last national elections.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Well they are not exactly a true minority. They picked up an historic 87 seats in the most powerful branch of US government, the House of Representatives. They are the majority there. You could say they are a minority because they control one of three branches. But the House controls the money and things like debt limits are their baby. Personally, I dont blame the right. They won in a landslide 10 months ago to go to Washington and stop the government from spending us into bankruptcy. Love them, hate them or otherwise they are only doing what they said they were going to do in the last national elections.
    Aaahhh not intimately familiar with the US political structure but this does explain things to an extent. Thanks for taking the time out John
    Still wish both parties could come together for the good of the country and resolve this, other than bickering and passing the blame game...Shows we as people still have a long way to go but with the right attitude and strong work ethic it can be done...

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Well they are not exactly a true minority. They picked up an historic 87 seats in the most powerful branch of US government, the House of Representatives. They are the majority there.
    The Republicans are the party that picked up the seats .. The "Tea Party" only exists in the minds of people that want it to exist ... (A bit like Low Calorie brownies and Ice cream exists for people on a diet) .. this "Historic wave of support" is also overplayed .. the "Tea Party" endorsed candidates only actually won 30% of the elections they took part in ....

Personally, I dont blame the right. They won in a landslide 10 months ago to go to Washington and stop the government from spending us into bankruptcy. Love them, hate them or otherwise they are only doing what they said they were going to do in the last national elections.
    They actually campaigned on job creation and debt reduction.

The very first thing they did was extend tax cuts on the rich ... (effectively bumping up the debt) and they have yet to come up with a single piece of job creation legislation ...

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

The Tea Party is just a group of some of the most uneducated individuals in America who think that they know how an economy with 310 million people, $14 trillion in GDP, within a globe of 6 billion individuals works.

They have an unwavering hatred for Govt with out even understanding the role the Govt plays in our economy. They literally are out to destroy everything Govt with out realizing the impact that it does to real human beings.

Even Republican's know this. Republican's are just the good ole boys who preach fiscal stability but they actually know what has to be done to keep the economy afloat. The Tea Party is dead set on destroying this nation. Their economic policies are unfeasible and absolutely mind boggling. How can anyone think that cutting spending right now when we have 10% unemployment and 70% capacity utilization will make anything better?

Ridiculous and embarrassing. It's alright when tons of retards on a forum are spouting their nonsense but now it has reached Washington. Luckily this debt ceiling has showed their true colors and I think they are now outcasts in their own party and the moderates and the rest of the country will start distancing themselves from those terrorist.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Vegemite land...Just an outsiders perspective looking in is all...Nice job in the SBR poker tournament earlier today glitchy Where u at?
    thanks guy. couldnt finish the job after having that gigantic lead. ah well....

im from the states originally...in the Caribbean now.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    They have an unwavering hatred for Govt.
    Actually the Republicans are quite happy to have them along for the ride as they provide fantastic distraction. And when things get tough and they feel that they have to call a black guy a black guy .. they can simply point to the Tea Party and say "It wasn't me mom - it was him"

Here is the TeaParty.org founder and "Leader"

The sign reads ... "Congress = Slaveowner, Taxpayer = Niggar"

Over the past few years the Tea Parties major talking points have been :

1. Global warming is a hoax.
    2. Obama was not born in the US
    3. We need more guns
    4. We need less immigrants
    5. We need a bigger military
    6. Taxes are bad
    7. If you are here - speak English or get out.

The main slogan has been "Take back America"

.... if you are from Europe much of this will be familiar to you .. as right wing, radical, extremist parties like the "British Nationalist Party" have been around for quite some time now.

Many of their policies do make good sense .. however what they need to do to legitimize themselves .. is distance themselves from their parties nationalistic founders and create a legitimate third party that can win votes without pandering to the nationalists and without simply being the Republicans "attack dog" and the equivalent of a cheap plastic novelty-gag type gift that you would get at Christmas.
    Last edited by jw; 08-02-11 at 01:50 AM.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post

Over the past few years the Tea Parties major talking points have been :

1. Global warming is a hoax.

4. We need less immigrants

6. Taxes are bad
    7. If you are here - speak English or get out.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    The Tea Party is just a group of some of the most uneducated individuals in America who think that they know how an economy with 310 million people, $14 trillion in GDP, within a globe of 6 billion individuals works.

They have an unwavering hatred for Govt with out even understanding the role the Govt plays in our economy. They literally are out to destroy everything Govt with out realizing the impact that it does to real human beings.
    Wow

You are big time informed. Make this up on your own?

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post

1) The Tea Party Movement is NOT about governance. It is about a set of principles and beliefs.
    In my experience, tea partiers believe that the government has no right to intervene when it comes to things like the economy, unions, health care, standard of living, infrastructure, equal rights for minorites or (as the founders might have put it and did) promoting the general welfare.

However, when it comes to what a woman does with her uterus, or gay people trying to get married, they pull out these bizarre "natural law" arguments. Also, you need a strong police force and military to protect the wealthy as they trample everyone else.
    Points Awarded:

ACoochy gave icancount2one 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: akphidelt, and BiffTFinancial

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    He is right. You can cut the deficit in 5 years if you combine less spending with higher taxes. If you want to do it in 10 years you only cut spending.
    But with the 5 extra years you paid interest which results in the deficit crawling back again.

It's like when you want tobecome a bodybuilder fast. You take steroids and you work out the same time. If you do only one of the two it will take longer.
    So pavy you want to increase taxes and decrease government spending right now? Do you not realize we are in a recession? And Obama administration cutting spending? Then govt wouldn't spend any money on anything but to support the people too lazy to get a job and let them keep by crack on street. I don't understand how some people are so ignorant.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10504

Diane Sawyer had a part on ABC news yesterday, involving the tea party elected officials.

She interviewed the newly elected Tea Partyers as a group, they were gung ho and ready to get to it, in the before interview.

She interviewed them again in the after (debt ceiling) interview and they weren't too enthusiastic. They were pretty much put in their place by the more experienced politicians and saw how the system really works.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    So pavy you want to increase taxes and decrease government spending right now? Do you not realize we are in a recession? And Obama administration cutting spending? Then govt wouldn't spend any money on anything but to support the people too lazy to get a job and let them keep by crack on street. I don't understand how some people are so ignorant.
    I want to get rid of the deficit without having to pay unnecessary interest. The cheapest solution to taxpayers is reducing expenses and paying more taxes. It's like when you have a CC debt. The faster you pay it off the sooner you are debt free and the less interest you pay.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

“This small group of terrorists have made it impossible to spend any money.”
    lol. we spend ONLY 3.7 trillion and take in 2.2 trillion. that's a hefty gap-spending almost 75% more than what you take in.

that is not sustainable.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by dherd View Post
    i agree they are political and economic terrorist. terrorists use hostages and threats of destruction to obtain political goals which they do not have the democratic power to obtain thru legitimate govt means. that is exactly what they are. but it isnt there fault it is the presidents fault for not calling their bluff and emboldening them even more. i guess its up to we the people to take care of these terrorists at the ballot box.
    That's what the Democrats did in Wisconsin. We are spending $1.4 trillion more than we are bringing in and you fukk tards don't think we should cut spending. Moron.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

who really cares about politics

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Maybe Biden's comments were a zinger directed at terrorist? Given that the average terrorist probably has a significantly higher intelligence then the average Teabagger his thoughtless and insensitive remarks had to be rather insulting...
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave LVHerbie 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hockeyhy
    [color=rgb(0, 255, 255)][Too Long][/color]
    hockeyhy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I completely agree with Biden tbh, tea party is such a shit hole of a party.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can only hope/dream that most of the folks in this thread actually wager every day forever. This guarantees me I will never have to work again.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    also weak and afraid

you can smell the fear in this thread

wild card
    wild card's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

way to go Biden. I just hope that he owns up to it and that doesn't try to downplay it, or back out like most politicians do when they say something controversial.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I want to get rid of the deficit without having to pay unnecessary interest. The cheapest solution to taxpayers is reducing expenses and paying more taxes. It's like when you have a CC debt. The faster you pay it off the sooner you are debt free and the less interest you pay.
    This sounds great in a 9th grade economics class kind of way. The reality is that lower tax rates bring in more tax dollars, and that tax increases kill the economy and cut consumer spending. Plus, we are way past taxing our way out of debt. The only hope is to drastically cut government spending and do everything possible to get the economy to improve little by little. But there is going to be pain and sacrifice no matter what. We CANNOT afford to keep doing what we have done. It's time for some urgency.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You can do both effectively. All you have to do is tax everyone who makes more than $1,000,000 an extra 5% in taxes and every corporation who makes more than $100 million in profit every year an extra 10%.

So you reduce military spending by 25%, you reduce welfare by 25%, you reduce government employees by 25% plus the minimal taxes the wealthy need to pay and you fix the problem.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

You can do both effectively. All you have to do is tax everyone who makes more than $1,000,000 an extra 5% in taxes and every corporation who makes more than $100 million in profit every year an extra 10%.

So you reduce military spending by 25%, you reduce welfare by 25%, you reduce government employees by 25% plus the minimal taxes the wealthy need to pay and you fix the problem.
    No new taxes. Period. Those are the guys who hire.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You know that 50% of people in this country vote for one party and 50% vote for the other. If one side tries to push their agenda without thinking about the other one you end up with 15 trillion in debt.

When the GOP was in charge for 8 years they created the 10 trillion in debt pushing their agendas (lower taxes for the wealthy and unnecessary military spending chasing Israel's enemies). When the Democrats got into power they increased the debt to 15 trillion pushing their agendas (healthcare). The debt keeps growing, the country is more divided than ever and the people pay the price..not the politicians pushing their agendas.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 08-02-11 at 09:58 PM.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10481

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    I can only hope/dream that most of the folks in this thread actually wager every day forever. This guarantees me I will never have to work again.

?????
    Bookie

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dherd View Post
    i agree they are political and economic terrorist. terrorists use hostages and threats of destruction to obtain political goals which they do not have the democratic power to obtain thru legitimate govt means.
    that is exactly what they are. but it isnt there fault it is the presidents fault for not calling their bluff and emboldening them even more. i guess its up to we the people to take care of these terrorists at the ballot box.

phuckin' idiot...what's left for Tea Party to destroy ?

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

gotta side with the veep on this one. hope the story is true - about time someone called conservativewhat they are - they have never been right about anything going all the way back to 1776 when they sided with king george.

I/O

you know that 50% of people in this country vote for one party and 50% vote for the other. if one side tries to push their agenda without thinking about the other one you end up with 15 trillion in debt.

When the gop was in charge for 8 years they created the 10 trillion in debt pushing their agendas (lower taxes for the wealthy and unnecessary military spending chasing israel's enemies). When the democrats got into power they increased the debt to 15 trillion pushing their agendas (healthcare). The debt keeps growing, the country is more divided than ever and the people pay the price..not the politicians pushing their agendas.
    not

not

not

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

As well as being the largest creators of jobs (as they so frequently like to remind us) .. they are also inversely the largest cause of unemployment when times are bad ... right now - it is small business owners that are responsible for unemployment ...

So when they create jobs - they need tax cuts to create more ... and no tax increase or else they will need to start laying people off .. and when they lay people off during times of recession .. its because they need more tax cuts ... and you can't tax them more or else they won't be able to take on more people ....

Gotcha ...

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

What good is money if you can't spend it?

We need to eliminate the IRS and go to a straight consumption tax.

This way, people like JW who currently pay no taxes whatsoever (while at the same time preaching about the need to raise taxes on those who do pay) will be forced to pay right along with the rest of us.

There will be no more loopholes for the ultra rich to exploit.

If the wealthy decide not to spend and just hoard all their money, then you'll get them come inheritance tax time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

First 12345 Last